Disappointed but need interim plan

clairegoodall

So today I went to see my CDC for the 1st time-( I did CD about 3+ yrs ago but had a baby 4 months ago and need to lose some weight again) and was totally gutted . When I was weighed I discovered that my BMI was 41, and therefore I have to get GP signature before she will even consider starting me on stage 2 (the old 810).
Now I have to try to get a GP appt(!) to get a signature (I know all the reasons why etc) from a doctor who really doesn't know me that well... Which is ridiculous as my Hubbie is a medical consultant at the hospital we work at and knows all my medical history and would be monitoring everything anyway...
So, putting all of that aside, I decided that I need an interim plan for a few days until paperwork is signed and I can get started.
Today I have drunk shed loads of water and had a 2 egg bacon and courgette omelette for tea - Atkins style carb-free. I thought that realistically I may be able to offload carbs and get ketotic before I go back to start CD?
Does that sound reasonable to experienced CD people? I am so motivated to do something NOW that I don't want to lose that mindset by delaying...
Advice please :-D

For what it's worth, I think that's an excellent idea. Half the battle with Cambridge is getting into ketosis, getting to that point where eating just doesn't seem as important as it did. 'Course, the other thing that's likely to happen is that you'll lose a shed load of glycogen and water weight - maybe as much as 10lbs or so within a week. Would that put your BMI under 40? Cos if it did, you wouldn't even need that GP's signature... :D

Actually, if I've done the maths right, you only need to lose 6 pounds to have a BMI of less than 40. I reckon you could easily manage that after a few days of low carbing. :)

For the sake of 6lbs I would say I was starting on a higher plan, do 810 anyway and by the end of the first week the 6lbs would be off and you could 'officially' move down to 810. I hope this makes sense, but I wouldn't be inconveniencing myself by going to the Dr's for the sake of 1 BMI point.

Unfortunately, I think it unlikely that CDC will now help me if I don't get GP agreement.... Frustrated!

Back