disappointed...good loss? :( Being silly? headache and fed up :((

<3_my_cat_x

Hey all,

Feeling really demoralised :sigh: as started this on Monday and its been a struggle (as expected!) - weighed myself this morning (maybe I should have waited for a full week?) and I've lost 3 pounds since Monday which doesn't seem much considering how little I'm eating and how much other people have been losing in a week :confused:

Is this a bad/good loss? Am I just being silly?

Help me stay on track please!!!

X

OK, it's the morning of day 4. It takes on average 3 days to get into ketosis, with ketosis being the process of burning off your fat. So whilst you've been eating much less for over 3 days, it's really probably only day 1 of fat burning now. So, to answer your question - 3lb so far is amazing! Step away from the scales (says one weighing addict to another) - it's just too easy to get down hearted when you don't see what you want. Sometimes I can go to bed on day 6 showing a pound loss, but wake up on day 7 for weigh in and overnight theres another couple of pound gone. Commit now to not stepping on those scales until the end of your first week.

And, remember, the amount of weight lost is proportionate to how much you have to lose, if you're only a stone or so overweight you're going to see a smaller number than someone with 7 or 8 stone to go, but percentage wise, it will be very similar.

Come on, you've done the hardest part, it's plain sailing from here ;)

defo agree with noodles.

a) 3lbs already is very good, you've still got 4 days to go!
b) it'll be much less of a struggle after youre in keto and the weight will keep dropping.

i sometimes look over at other diet boards and see how people only lose 1 or 1/2lb a week and then compare to the losses im getting at the moment. 3lbs in half a week is amazing compared to some others!

Thank you so much for your replies guys. Guess just waking up with a bad headache has put me in a bad mood. I also didn't sleep well Mon and Tues night which is so odd for me because I could normally sleep anywhere anytime!! So I'm probably a bit tired. Got my first proper order arriving today (been using the sample pack this week) so looking forward to that. Also I ordered some of those zero carb/miracle noodles and they'll be arriving today so I can have those too tonight. Last night I was so hungry I could have cried. I know it sounds pathetic but I really was. I had been to my exercise class, had a sachet with broccoli and then just sat there feeling hungry and miserable. Managed to force myself to drink lots of water which did feel me up more and then I had a bath and went to bed.

Thank you noodles - I promise I will step away from the scales! Ok I promise not to weigh myself again till Monday...hope I can manage it! It's addictive!!! Thank you for your encouragement too - I am heartened by the idea that I've done the hard part now! :D

I should update my side thingymajig - I have 6 stone to lose and am desperate to get it off by July 2013. So I do have a lot to lose...

GeMzy -good idea- thank you - I need to get measuring! Although the last place I want to lose it is my boobs!! they're small enough as it is...sorry TMI!!!

abcdebony - thank you! Roll on Monday!

Ruby Shoes - thank you for putting it into perspective! Yes I guess I do have 4 days to go!

Thanks all!

X

Don't worry hun! In the first week I weighed myself on day 4 and was disappointed because i'd only lost 4lbs, then on weigh in day after 7 days I had lost 11lbs. Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week because it really demoralises you and your weight fluctuates anyway. I only weigh once a week and it feels great to see losses all the time rather than my weight staying the same because I weighed 2 days before! Xx

Thanks hun! Definitely gonna take the advice just to weigh once a week :cool:

I see you're getting married in July ...me too!!!! What date is yours? Lets have a wedding weight loss countdown!!!! X

You also need to remember that on a diet like Slimming World they say that they the steady weight loss you should expect is 1.5-2lbs a week - this diet stomps over that. Plus I always find if I am feeling a little demotivated by "only" losing a lb then go to the cupboard and find a lb bag of flour or something - it feels like a lot more than you think and its great to know that you are not carrying it around with you any more :)

And as always the best advice I was given was to look at your losses over a month not a day/week.

I agree with caketalk- what other diet could you lose 3lbs in 3 days?! Keep at it and don't get disheartened, I'm sure you will in for a great loss on weigh day, you sound like you are going in the right direction.

Oh, and step away from the scales!

Thanks hun! Definitely gonna take the advice just to weigh once a week :cool:

I see you're getting married in July ...me too!!!! What date is yours? Lets have a wedding weight loss countdown!!!! X

Yes I am! Not till August 10th though :) need to be a slim bride! My OH is quite slender too so really determined to lose the weight! Definitely up for having a weight loss countdown! Lol. How much have you got to lose? When is your wedding? Xx

Hey hun! I've got 5-6 stone to lose. You? I'm so determined to do it! I want to be a slim bride too - I've been dreading things like wedding dress shopping etc when really I should be looking forward to it. Hoping that by Jan, I can at least start looking. You got your dress yet? How long you been doing s n s for? x

Oh and weddings 20th July :D x

Hey hun! I've got 5-6 stone to lose. You? I'm so determined to do it! I want to be a slim bride too - I've been dreading things like wedding dress shopping etc when really I should be looking forward to it. Hoping that by Jan, I can at least start looking. You got your dress yet? How long you been doing s n s for? x

Oh and weddings 20th July :D x

Aww I have about the same to lose! I am 16st and I want to get to 11st. I've been on s and s for nearly 7 weeks and I've lost 31lbs so far :) it feels great! :) haven't got my dress yet. Want to lose as much as I can before I go dress shopping! Plus I am scared I'll go to a dress shop and they won't have my size! Xx

Back