Disappointed in myself

Choccieaddict

:sigh: I've very new to this forum, have only really introduced myself and that was 2 weeks ago. I don't like to start out really negatively, especially when I don't really know anyone yet, but I'm desperate for someone to give me a kick! I joined SW in June, lost 5 pounds in my first week and since then have been losing and gaining the same few pounds because I never stick with anything and always fall back into bad habits. My worst time is TOM - this week I gained 4 lbs because I just get the urge to eat anything and everything! I haven't found my SW group as supportive as I thought, it's a new group and everyone seems to have joined with a friend except me! We've had a different leader for the last few weeks and for 3 weeks before that I was on holiday so I haven't really settled in and found I can talk to anyone for support. That's where I'm hoping this forum can help me :) A once a week weigh-in is leaving me with too much time to go wrong and think I can repair any damage I do, but one bad days rolls into another!
Gosh this is turning into a bit of an epic, I'd best stop! Pleease can someone tell me I'm not alone and help me find a way to get and stay on track. I'm so weak-willed when it comes to food it's like I need a personal SW trainer in my house to watch my every move!
Grumbles over, well done if you read to the end, I'm embarrassed to have posted this much in one go!
Choccieaddict

Hi Choccie,
sorry to hear you are not getting much support from your group, that must be very frustrating and demoralising.
Have you created a daily diary here at minimins? It will enable you to record your food, and allow any mistakes to be picked up that you may be making.. it will also give you chance to rant or express your thoughts too,
I am sure now you have spoken out though, they'll be some extra support given and help you along the way.. starting with me x You'll be fine!!
Take care

hi Dee
I hadn't looked at the Daily Diary bit but it could help if I recorded everything, perhaps I won't eat as much if I know I have to make it public! I could pick up some ideas for low Syn snacks too by the looks of it.
Thanks.

Definitely Choccie, even if you have a bad day record it, then you can look back and see where you think it may have gone wrong.

Why not get one of these trackers too, if you click on mine, it will take you to the tracker site, where you can create your own.. it may help having something visual as a reminder too;)

Good luck Choccie xx

Ooop I see you have got one..lol, ignore the last paragraph .. forgot the tracker doesn't show up when replying..

xx

I have a tracker and can see it in the messages I've posted, can you see it?

When replying,and I scroll down to read I can only see the text, without graphics, no doubt due to my user settings or something technical like that but don't despair, I can see your lovely tortoise when the thread had been replied... xx

I never stick with anything and always fall back into bad habits.

That's a very negative thought pattern to have, you need to think positively. If you believe you can do it then you WILL do it. Take each day at a time - you only need to be good and stick to the plan today. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just eat healthily today and all your tomorrows will take care of themselves. Good luck!

Have a look at the pudding sticky at the top of the page. I can personally recommend the couscous cake! The "forerro roche" recipe is lovely too. That way, you can give in to your choco craving without cheating on your diet. Also, try some Options hot chocolate. An ideal comfort drink for only 2 syns!!

thanks for your replies. Dehli, you are right, I do have negative thought patterns most of the time. I'll try to work on it. First: "I will stick to the plan this morning" and then, "I will stick with the plan til dinner time" and tonight, o-er, I'm gonna have to work really hard on this positive thought "I can get through til bedtime without grabbing anything comforting in the cupboards. I will eat more fruit and a yoghurt if I am hungry." :devilangel:

Also try and remember that it's only a diet and it's no reflection on you as a person whether you stick to it or not. Your weight doesn't alter your good qualities, you're still the daughter/sister/mum/friend that people love whatever you weigh.

Good luck chick!

hi choccie, i was diddling around really on the diet but since my return from holiday ive made sure i have 5 speed foods aday or more and im excersisng an hour a day on my stepper... it really keeps me boosted ive got my first half a stone after messing around so why not try having 5 speed foods aday for a week.... xxx

Also try and remember that it's only a diet and it's no reflection on you as a person whether you stick to it or not. Your weight doesn't alter your good qualities, you're still the daughter/sister/mum/friend that people love whatever you weigh.

Good luck chick!

thanks for that. I am a good person and am good at eveything I do. Weight loss is just the one thing I struggle with :eek:

hi choccie, i was diddling around really on the diet but since my return from holiday ive made sure i have 5 speed foods aday or more and im excersisng an hour a day on my stepper... it really keeps me boosted ive got my first half a stone after messing around so why not try having 5 speed foods aday for a week.... xxx
thanks for that, I'll see how many speed foods I am eating and make sure I get my exercise in. 15 mins on elliptical and 15 mins power walk on treadmill yesterday. I haven't exercised since last year but am pleased I've got started again!
A bit more of this...:whacky068:

and I will surely see some loss on Monday!

Back