Red Days Disappointed in weight loss this week so want to try some red days, I need Help!!

Fat Vicky

Can someone out there in weight loss land tell me what I do differently on a red day than on an EE day. I have tried to make sense of my books but am struggling and a touch confused as Im sure you cant have carbs on a Red day. Fruit and Veg are carbs so do I take it I cant have them? Sorry folks Im still waiting for my CD's and then I will stop asking daft questions. Thanks in advance.

Hi Vicky, I have found this info for you. I don't do Red days myself. I'm sure some of the followers of the Red plan may be able to add to this or even explain it a little better, but I hope it goes someway to help you.:)

The basic rules of Original Plan/Red Days

Free foods include:

All lean red meats
All lean poultry and pork – including bacon
Fresh fish/seafood
Eggs
Quorn mince/Quorn pieces
Vegetables*
Fruit
Some fat free yogurts (ie most Mullerlights)
These are the main foods that can be eaten freely, meaning in UNLIMITED AMOUNTS. As with Extra Easy, the proviso is that you do not add fat to these foods – during cooking or afterwards. Always trim off all visible fat prior to cooking.

* A small exception here. There are some starchy vegetables which cannot be eaten freely, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, sweetcorn and parsnips.

As you can see from above, Red Days mean meat. You are sacrificing pulses, potatoes, pasta and rice as Free Foods. But even though you are making this sacrifice, you receive a reward in the form of DOUBLE Healthy Extras! For example, you can have four Alpen Light bars instead of two. You can have two servings of Nimble bread instead on one – meaning you could have toast for breakfast and a sandwich later in the day. Or, you could have Weetabix in the morning, and a Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar with a cuppa in the evening. The same rule applies to Healthy Extra A choices (dairy products). This could mean a full 250ml of semi skimmed at breakfast, with 45g of mozzarella melted over some grilled chicken and bacon at dinner. There are lots of ways to use your extra Extras to perk up your menu throughout the day. If bread/cereals aren’t your thing, you can have MEASURED AMOUNTS of potatoes/pulses instead. For example, with your huge steak and salad, you could have a jacket potato weighing 227g. Or with your morning fry, you could add 142g of baked beans.

Admittedly, when you begin in introduce the concept of weighing items that you are used to eating in unlimited amounts, it does begin to feel restrictive. But bear in mind, this plan will more often than not accelerate your weightloss – so at least give it a go. Soon, weighing will become a natural thing.

As with Extra Easy, you are allowed between 5 – 15 syns a day.

most Superfree/free foods are still fine (peas are an exception and a few others). Basically the only difference between Red and EE is on red you have 2x HEA and 2xHEB and pasta/potatoes/rice/noodles/beans are syns and or Healthy extras not free

Thank you so much that is all really helful, I shall go ahead and eat my apple, melon and salad that have remained in the fridge all day!! How the heck can anyone eat 4 alpen light bars!!! Blimey I struggle to eat 2!!! I dont like potatoes so I shall give this a go, I have a set of kitchen scales so weighing wont be an issue for any pasta/rice that I use.

As I say Thank you so much to both I really do appreciate your help xx

Thank you so much that is all really helful, I shall go ahead and eat my apple, melon and salad that have remained in the fridge all day!! How the heck can anyone eat 4 alpen light bars!!! Blimey I struggle to eat 2!!! I dont like potatoes so I shall give this a go, I have a set of kitchen scales so weighing wont be an issue for any pasta/rice that I use.

Red/original days are great :) always feel better doing them! Just a quick heads up tho, rice isn't a healthy extra(just noticed that you were talking about weighing and measuring heB) so it'd have to be synned! HTH x

Hi Vicky, let us know how you get on with the Red plan and if you notice a difference in your weight loss. I love rice, pasta and potatoes and I like meat too, so for now EE works well for me. One day I might get round to trying the others :)

Thanks all again and Joanne I will certainly let you know. I know I shouldnt weigh myself between "weigh ins" but if indications are right then it does really appear to work. If I really have lost as much as it appears I might have then its a good diet boost! ................................. Watch this space. xx

I'd be interested to know how you get on too, as I have wondered about doing some red days to shake things up a little, I like the sound of 2 HexB's and think it maybe doable short term for me!

I have only ever done red and green. The advice on here is spot on. It may seem a little more restrictive to start with but you will soon get the hang of it. If you really like bacon you can have lots on your plate, but still pile on the superfree, ie toms,mushrooms, but you would have to heb your baked beans, or syn them. Basically you can have loads of fish,meat, and seafood, oh and poultry on red. :)

Back