Extra Easy Days Disappointed with first weigh in :(

Hi,

I started SW 2week ago. I only lost 1lb on my first week, which I must say was so disappointing. Every other diet i've tried, I have always lost between 6-10lb in the first week.

I'm due go to weigh in tonight, and i'm already disappointed as judging by my scales, i think i'll have lost only 1lb if that!!

I just dont understand why its going so slow, my start weight is 15.7, so i have a lot to lose, you'd think it would come off a lot quicker!!!!

Every meal i've had for the last 2 weeks has been from recipes on the SW website, so its not as though i'm mis counting my syns.

Any advice??

CHarlotte :confused:

Are you snacking?

Sw works but it's different for everyone, keep at it.

But look at this picture of 1lb of fat.

Big losses on other diets canbe loss of water, muscle mass etc.

image-1756683027.jpg

I'm only snacking on fruit. I have been using around 5-10syns a day though, as at the end of the day i've let myself have a sweet treat, ie Mars Icecream 7syns. Would this cause me not to lose much. I'm so frustrated, because i've gone 2 weeks without a drop of alcohol, or even coffee, only drinking diet soft drinks of water.

Just a 2 days before starting SW, I had a bug which I lost around 10b. I'm thinking maybe my body went into starvation mode, so I weighed a lot less at weigh in, then when i finally started eating, it was storing it all? Thats the only excuse I can think of! And maybe because I lost the weight with the bug, thats why I havent had the big loss on my first week?

I'm just trying to tell myself that if I stuck to it for a year and only lost 1lb a week, thats nearly 4 stone of weight loss, and that it doesnt have to be quick and drastic loss. SO hard not to get disheartened though, especially when the hubbys having takeaway and beer on a weekend, and I'm sat with a glass of Diet Fanta and a syn free dinner :/

I think the losing ten pounds beforehand is what's done it for you. You'll pick up your weight loss soon, I'm sure. A pound a week is brilliant though :)

Stick at it and 2-4 weeks is time most ppl give up so ull be feeling a bit of the blues.
Join in on the take away chicken chow mein is like 7 syns or something but with boiled rice. But of course ull have to cut out a mars ice cream one night and have take away instead.

Sw is about choices not deprivation, you can still have those treats you just can't have them all on same day and week.

Don't cut out syns everyone is different but alot of ppl agree that cutting out sums doesn't help them loose more and leads to a binge cos you feel deprived

Hi I hope you don't mind me joining in. I started sw 3weeks ago my weigh in is on a Thursday ( so 3rd weigh in tomorrow night).

I'm feeling the same as on my 1st week I only lost 1lb and 1/2 and was very disappointed as when I joined the girls were telling me some of them were loosing 5 - 10lb in the 1st week.

From then it was easter and I didn't go to my 2nd weigh in as I knew myself I'd been slacking and had too many treats lol I'm due to go back tomorrow night but finding it very hard to get or keep motivated. I am makin sw dinners tho snacking is my problem :-/

Any tips??

Don't buy food that's bad to snack on until you knownyou wont binge on it.

I use syns on a small chocolate like a curly wurly and I save it for me time in bubble bath or when it's quiet. So it's a treat not shoving it in n not enjoying it.

Also I use hexb on cereal bars I love aldi ones choc and orange it's like a crispy cake so I eat these as a treat snack.

I would say your 10lb illness loss is the reason why. We all know how the weight drops off with a bug then goes straight back on again after - look at it this way, you lost 10 through the bug then still have lost when you've got better. Than in itself is an achievement

Thank you for your advice :) I had got for my treats mini flakes, mini curly wurly etc to have tho then the easter bunnie arrived and my LO has so many eggs and she's only 10months,, so there have been eggs lookin at me :-/ I need a good boot up the bum.

I'm 98% sure I've gained from
I was last weighed so maybe
My weigh in is the boot I need :-(

How did u go on? X

Back