Disappointed with new CDC

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Well, I have just been for weigh in with new CDC, decided I would change CDC as I felt I needed somebody more supportive, plus new start new CDC.
My new CDC only lives 10 mins walk away from me. However I am not impressed, I told her I had briefly done CD years ago, which although not true, I wanted her to treat me as a new CDer.
However her scales only went upto 19 stone, so she was unable to weigh me, she did not measure me, she gave me very little information.
When I said should I have 4 packs a day as I am 5' 10" she said it wouldn't be necessary that was for men and see how I get on.
I asked and water flavourings and she said I could have unlimited amounts, I asked about coke zero and said no way, but I could have any of the fruit teas I wanted (not sure if that is true). She didn't mention tetras, but told me I could bars after two weeks.
Also she charges more for bars and tetras, which I paid the same price for all last time. I know that is not always the case though.
I feel sorry for a novice who may visit. I got most of my information from this site, as my last CDC wasn't much help on that score, but at least I was weighed and measured. Luckily she has not put me off and I am still up for doing CD, but should I look for yet another CDC?

Hiya

Some of the advice she has given is sound (i.e. bars after 2 weeks) but some of the advice is not so good (fruit teas are not part of the programme).

Over the charging issue most counsellors now charge more for bars and tetras as they cost so much more from Cambridge to start with so that is certainly understandable.

But the diet is all about you!! If you need a more supportive counsellor then either tell her that you need more support or look elsewhere and see what is out there.

One thing though is that you must be on 4 packs a day at 5ft 10inches so you either need to take 4 packs from her or go onto 790 on 3 packs but you mustn't SS while on 3 packs at that height.

Mike

Holly I'm sorry you've been given some duff advice :(

As Mike says, you must have 4 packs a day at 5ft 10! I'm nearly 5ft 10 and there's no way I'd cope on just 3 packs on sole source.

If you're not happy with her then personally I would switch, or maybe go back to your old one for a while and ask her for more support. It's quite important to have some rapport with your counsellor. There are loads and loads in Birmingham, I'm sure you'll find one you like :)

Good luck!

Hi Hollycat

I live in Birmingham and my CDC is fab and she even travells to me. If you want to PM me i'll give you her details

Jx

If you have doubts about her already I would find a new CDC. You need to feel confident that the advice she is giving you is sound, otherwise you'll lack confidence in the diet if the results aren't what you expected.
Good luck to you.
Ceri

Thanks for your help and advice, especially Kath who has replied to several pms.

I felt so motivated before non weigh in with CDC, feel rather deflated now.

I am going to ring another CDC fairly near and speak to her and see if I gel before committing again. I have enough stock for two weeks so should be sorted before I need supplies.

Thanks again everybody. :)

Thanks for your help and advice, especially Kath who has replied to several pms.

I am going to ring another CDC fairly near and speak to her and see if I gel before committing again. I have enough stock for two weeks so should be sorted before I need supplies.

hope you get sorted soon hun.....keep us posted !

love

Debz xx

good luck and don't forget we're here for you for any probs in the meantime :)

Kath xx

Quick update

Hi,

Just to let you know I have had a few major blips this week, but not giving in and still plodding on.

My (useless) CDC took my home and mobile number promising to ring me a couple of times in the week, to check I was ok and not having any problems. Predictably there has been no calls, until tonight when she rang saying she was putting an order in and what did I want for next week. Luckily I didn't reach my mobile in time and just got a message, so didn't answer home phone when that rang, so she left same message.

What a cheek. :(

Hi,

Just to let you know I have had a few major blips this week, but not giving in and still plodding on.

My (useless) CDC took my home and mobile number promising to ring me a couple of times in the week, to check I was ok and not having any problems. Predictably there has been no calls, until tonight when she rang saying she was putting an order in and what did I want for next week. Luckily I didn't reach my mobile in time and just got a message, so didn't answer home phone when that rang, so she left same message.

What a cheek. :(

Oh Holly :( That's such a shame.

Please please don't give in, I promise you this diet will work. We're all here for support. You can email me any time you're feeling like you're flagging.

Did you manage to book a meet up appointment with another cdc near to you?

:hug99:

Holly, Dont give up, there are loads of CDCs out there who support, my first one was poo, but my second was ace, its worth keeping going using us as support, and finding a good one in the meantinme x

With regards different prices for bars etc, this is technically correct as Cambridge charge different amounts.

It is up to the CDC whether they choose to pass these on or not.

Well, I have just been for weigh in with new CDC, decided I would change CDC as I felt I needed somebody more supportive, plus new start new CDC.
My new CDC only lives 10 mins walk away from me. However I am not impressed, I told her I had briefly done CD years ago, which although not true, I wanted her to treat me as a new CDer.
However her scales only went upto 19 stone, so she was unable to weigh me, she did not measure me, she gave me very little information.
When I said should I have 4 packs a day as I am 5' 10" she said it wouldn't be necessary that was for men and see how I get on.
I asked and water flavourings and she said I could have unlimited amounts, I asked about coke zero and said no way, but I could have any of the fruit teas I wanted (not sure if that is true). She didn't mention tetras, but told me I could bars after two weeks.
Also she charges more for bars and tetras, which I paid the same price for all last time. I know that is not always the case though.
I feel sorry for a novice who may visit. I got most of my information from this site, as my last CDC wasn't much help on that score, but at least I was weighed and measured. Luckily she has not put me off and I am still up for doing CD, but should I look for yet another CDC?

Hope you sort things out or find another CDC, good luck hun....xxx

Hi,

Thanks for all the encouragement. It is a fantastic site, this is probably the root of the problem. I read about all the fantastic CDCs everybody has and read the great advice and motivation that CDCs give on here (plus mere mortals too!) and realise that mine is not up to scratch.
I did pm somebody local on here about her CDC, but was told there were in and out within five minutes with no support, so little point in changing to that CDC.

Kath has given me some tips and I still have over a weeks worth of stock, but will ring around different CDC this week.

Thanks for all the support guys. You are all great.:)

Hi,

Thanks for all the encouragement. It is a fantastic site, this is probably the root of the problem. I read about all the fantastic CDCs everybody has and read the great advice and motivation that CDCs give on here (plus mere mortals too!) and realise that mine is not up to scratch.
I did pm somebody local on here about her CDC, but was told there were in and out within five minutes with no support, so little point in changing to that CDC.

Kath has given me some tips and I still have over a weeks worth of stock, but will ring around different CDC this week.

Thanks for all the support guys. You are all great.:)

Holly, I really believe good support from your CDC is a key to the success of this diet. Of course you have to have your head in the zone too but it all helps.

Until you find the right one, as soon as you feel you are flagging get yourself straight on this site and put a new post on in big capital letters with HELP ME!!! :D or something, then hopefully one of us will see it straight away and help prevent you lapsing. It has certainly worked for me before :)

You will do it Holly, you just need a little help like we all do. Stay strong, weekends are tough I know but you'll feel better for getting through it successfully :)

Kath x

Thanks Kath, as ever you are a star. I have had quite a good day today, felt like pecking early, had two pints but the urge was still there, so I opened a bar and cut it into 15 pieces and had two. I have frozen the rest. I know I am not supposed to have bars in the first two weeks, but decided it was better to 'cheat' this way, than with food.
Thanks for all your help and encouragement. I am feeling very positive at the moment.

Thanks Kath, as ever you are a star. I have had quite a good day today, felt like pecking early, had two pints but the urge was still there, so I opened a bar and cut it into 15 pieces and had two. I have frozen the rest. I know I am not supposed to have bars in the first two weeks, but decided it was better to 'cheat' this way, than with food.
Thanks for all your help and encouragement. I am feeling very positive at the moment.

Holly if you have any of the cranberry or peanut bars they are better to have if you're taking them before the two weeks :)

You will do it - hang in there, stay strong :) Quicker you knuckle down the quicker you'll lose it ;)

Sorry you're having such a tough time.....just to say....I had absolutely NO SUPPORT from my CDC - saw her 5 times... once every 4 weeks - paid my money, collected my packs...end of.....5 minute appointment....

...I heard nothing from her between times :( Minimins was my lifeline.....I lost over 4 stone... so, regardless of your CDC, it can be done !!

just keep on here and you'll be fine :)

good luck !

love

Debz xx

Back