Disappointed with slow weight loss :-(

This is my third week at SW and i am getting so impatient with my slow weight loss. I lost 4lb first week woohoo! But then nothing 2nd and WI tomorrow looks like just 1lb lost. Grrrr Can't help but think WW would have shifted it quicker. I have been counting the weeks on my calendar and writing estimates of what I could weigh for each week but it's not going exactly to my plan :-( Also been feeling so exhausted and nauseous for days now just like pregnancy symptoms - I even did a test because I'm feeling so weird (negative result lol)

So anyway just wondering of anyone has experienced anything simiar ...

Thanks x

I haven't got an answer for you but just wanted to say I'm the same! I've been doing SW now for 5 weeks and have lost 7 1/2 pounds, which is good, but some people lose that in the first week alone! I think I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that everyone's different and as long as the scales are going down rather than up, it's working. I've been feeling very tired and nauseous too, I just thought I was a bit under the weather but maybe it is due to diet change?

Yea but it drives me nuts when I hear other people's losses - so jealous lol and the worst thing about it is that I really think I'm following the plan spot on, so don't know how to improve or speed it up.

There's got to be some secret they know and I dont!

Both of you have totally normal rates of weight loss. It's not realistic to say that you should be losing huge amounts each week. Your rate of loss depends on so many factors- how much you have to lose, previous diet etc... Some people lose quickly, some slowly. But you're losing. Your weight is going down, not up. Yes, WW, Dukan, CC, JUDD are quick fixes. Sustainable? Probably not.

If you really are concerned, talk to your consultant, check out the threads on here for superspeed ideas, which can help speed things up, check your food diary. But as it sounds, you're pretty much on the right path :)

Good luck, both of you. You're doing so well, keep it up! :D

i am on week 4 and am in similar situation. first week i gained half a pound now that was devastating ! then i lost 5 and a half (marvellous) then i gained 2 !!?? go figure that one, fingers crossed for tonight. which plan are you following? i am going to try red/green plan i think, i am struggling with the extra easy one third element at every meal (not always a problem but its needed for maximum loss).

how much weight do you have to lose ?

Try a week of superspeed soups I lost 4lb! Also make sure that you eat enough, a lot of people cut right down then eat unsuitable snacks because they feel hungry, have a good breakfast and I have a salad & fruit with every dinner and supper meal.
Good luck and stick to it.
Pete

Well Done on your weight loss so far. It could be possible for you to have bigger losses if you changed things a bit but maybe not. There is no guarantees of the amounts you can lose in which time-scale and we are all so different! It can depend on how much you have to lose maybe.
Some people find they are eating a bit too much even though on plan others find they aren't eating enough of the superfree and free foods have you tried to speak to your consultant to see if they can advise you or looking at other threads like this for some tips or something that you are having and mistakingly thinking is on plan but isn't etc
Look at the inspirational thread and you will see that SW does work and really does achieve some fab results!
Good Luck :)

Try to look at your weight loss over a longer period of time - so you see what you have achieved in a month rather than a week. My weight loss has been slow - took me 3 weeks to loose 1lb, then one week to put it back on again...lol

Just keep with it and you will see a result.

Good luck xx

I think my advice is to NOT compare yourself to anyone else on here.

I am on my 94th week and if you look at my stats you can see i have lost 73lbs.

This means my average loss is actually 0.77lbs a week.

Are you enjoying the foods you are eating? If so, try not to think of it as being on a diet and more a change in eating habits.

You could lose weight quicker on other diets (perhaps) but in the end, if you dont change your eating habits and ways you will be unlikely to maintain any great loss.

Good luck x

Goodbye_wobbles - I can totally understand where you are coming from as I am in exactly the same situation. 1st weigh in had a great 5lb loss and then 2nd weigh in on Monday I STS. I came on here for advice and also to see if anyone had a similar time and it turns out ALOT of people have. I wouldnt worry too much, I know its hard but everyone here is so great and the support is sublime. You may not see it on the scales but I was certain I can feel the loss in my clothes so I have taken it upon myself to start measuring any inch losses which I would encourage that you do as well. We may not be losing lbs but it may be coming off in inches.
Good Luck xx

wow thanks everyone for all your advice and positive comments, you have really helped motivate me to stick at it :)

I have 4 stone to lose.

This week I will:
- stop that voice in my head that compares my weight loss to others
- make speed soup and have for lunch
- increase superfree quantity, reduce free food quantity at each meal
- get out running

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Thanks again everyone

Hi everyone, just updating after my WI...

I had 3.5lb off yeeeee haaaaa!!!!

Thanks so much everyone for your help, I think I might actually be able to do this now (dare I say it out loud!) cheers!

Woo hoo bring it on :)) syked :)))

Well done GW - see, it does work!

hi - just wondered how you have gone on over the last 3 weeks? Have you lost more? Lindsay

I read this on here last week and I saved it cos I thought it was very positive!!...

NEVER compare yourself to others. NEVER!!! - We are all on the journey to slimville... BUT WE ARE IN CHARGE OF OUR OWN JOURNEY!!! Imagine that we are all going along the same motorway to the same destination but that we are all in our own cars... Some people drive slowly, some zoom past in the fast lane. Some stop often to enjoy the scenery whilst some stop only occasionally for a short break. Some break down and have trouble starting again, whilst some pull off completely. However much it seems like we are on the same journey, we can never drive any other vehicle than our own. We can never give anyone a lift (however cruel that may seem), only encourage them to start their engine.

I can't think of who it was that wrote it but its so true!!!

Back