Extra Easy Disappointed

HelsAngel

Silver Member
Ok, so I'm currently sitting at my group before it starts. Second WI tonight after my disappointing first week loss of 1.5lb. I've stuck to plan 100%. Not gone over syns once. Had over 1/3 superfree every meal without fail, cut down from 20 cans of diet coke a week to 7, replaced with water and peppermint tea. I've lost 1lb but was sure after my small loss first week, I'd pick it up this week. I'm going to have a word with my c after group and I've just bought some scan bran. I'd honestly say if I've cheated but I've not had a bag of crisps for 4 weeks and only snack on superfree. Any idea what might be wrong?

Typical day
Fruit salad and muller light
Pasta salad 3/4 superfree veg with lemon juice and black pepper
Chicken breast with potatoes (frylight)
Fruit and a yoghurt

Thanks in advance

Hels

Sorry, meant to add carrots and beans and gravy to the chicken breast!

What do you use your healthy extras on? As from your quick menu example there you havn't said?

you are loosing, but i understand that you thought you might loose a little more- but some people naturally loose slower than others. You may have to make peace with that. Saying that once you get into the swing of things and learn what works for your body you may achieve a few bigger losses.

stick with it, mwah xxx

You're not actually eating that much as far as I can see. Most of what you are eating is very low calorie superfree foods and yoghurt. What about your HEs and syns? Do you exercise as well? I wonder if your calorie intake is too low. But as said a 1lb is a good healthy weight loss and not to be sniffed at.

I am with the others, what are your ExA's & B's and it looks like you could be eating more.

hope your C can help out.

xxx

Hi, you sound just like me! I lost 1lb today, and I suppose I should be pleased, but I'm dissapointed that it's not more. Just out of interest how many syns a day do you use? I've not been using very many and 8 as a max, I've been advised to use them. Keep at it, and stay positive, It's coming off, all beit slowly xx

Hiya, I gave a bad example out my food diary. Here's a sample day from my diary.

Breakfast
2 Alpen light bars HEXB
3 plums

Snack
Carrots

Lunch
2 wholemeal Hovis 5 syns
2 laughing cow ELF triangle (instead of butter) - part of HEXA
Salmon and cucumber
Salad
Elf mayo 1 syn

Dinner
Carbonara (from the purple book with the starter pack)
Parmesan 0.5 syn

1 diet coke
3 peppermint tea
3 glasses water
2 cups of tea (Rest of HEXA)

Consultant said I was doing everything right and I'm going to give it 2 more weeks of EE then maybe switch to red/green.

Meh. I'm really fed up but still quite focused and won't go off plan. Maybe NEXT week it'll come off with a bang like I was expecting last week?!

Right, listen here.

If you weighed 300lb, it would not be unreasonable to expect a big first/second week loss, even third/fourth/fifth because you would be making a BIG change to your body.

You arent. You are looking to lose a couple of stone, and are not anywhere remotely near the "obese" category. So what you are losing is "healthy" amounts of weight per week, which is what all the health boffins reckon is good for you and less likely to result in rebound gain.

It is hard, if you see people losing bigger, and it doesnt seem fair. But ultimately, you are all going to end up at the same point, a healthy weight for your height without having to starve yourself down to it, with healthy eating habits you can maintain for life.

I have no idea if you is a laydee or a boy, but if you happen to be a laydee and you happen to still be in the habit of having menstrual cycles, the week before its due you can often see a maintain in your weight or a gain, due to water retention and bloating. So if that has any relevance to you, thats possible.

Give it time. At the rate you are currently losing, you would be at target well before christmas, and some weeks you will lose more than others. 1lb is FAR from something to be disappointed about :)

Thank you Madame, you talk a lot of sense and I appreciate your feedback. I'm really not ungrateful for the losses that I've had already. My disappointment is due to the fact that I have worked so hard, sacrificed a lot (mainly vodka!) for that big loss at the beginning and it's just not coming. Everyone since I've been has reported big first week losses 3lbs up to 8lbs(!) and they don't have a vast amount to lose either. One of them is even at my target weight as her start!

I am a laydee and I do suffer these rubbish weeks. I'd blamed the first week on that so another reason why I was expecting a better result this week.

Please don't think that I'm complaining that I'm losing weight. I'm really not. It's just disheartening when at Image Therapy people report a 1lb loss and say how they enjoyed their fish and chips/pizza/chocolate/cream tea/Kfc etc. I mean, I've not had a blip yet so when I do, what is that going to do?

I don't mean to sound defeatist at all or cry out for attention. I'm now just worried about what will happen if/when I do eat something off plan as I don't know how I can improve on what I've already been doing. And now I sound like I think I'm perfect! Great!
I am a very happy, smiley person who is just wanting the scales to reflect my hard work that's all!

Thank you for your support guys. I really do appreciate it!

My disappointment is due to the fact that I have worked so hard, sacrificed a lot (mainly vodka!) for that big loss at the beginning and it's just not coming. Everyone since I've been has reported big first week losses 3lbs up to 8lbs(!) and they don't have a vast amount to lose either. One of them is even at my target weight as her start!

That just means that their diet was a lot worse than yours before starting SW. ;)

It's just disheartening when at Image Therapy people report a 1lb loss and say how they enjoyed their fish and chips/pizza/chocolate/cream tea/Kfc etc. I mean, I've not had a blip yet so when I do, what is that going to do? ...I'm now just worried about what will happen if/when I do eat something off plan as I don't know how I can improve on what I've already been doing.

Are you being too strict with yourself? You can have chips, pizza, chocolate, kfc on SW and you can enjoy them - it's not being off-plan. You can have anything as long as you have it within your syn allowance.

PS you can have vodka!

PPS Seriously, you need to stop comparing yourself to other people, it's obviously doing your head in

I'm only being as strict as I am for this first couple of weeks because I'm starting to learn the plan, see what works and what doesn't. I did have a few drinks my first week and as well as TOTM, thought maybe that contributed. That's why I went so hell for leather this week. Shy of 9 syns worth of toblerone on Sunday (I had 9.5 that day), all of my other syns were extra HEX'S like 2 more slices of wholemeal bread or some low fat cheddar.

I'm going out for a massive walk with the fella now and if it rains, I will run home! :eek:)

I am doing EE and my weightloss has been slow compared to others and I do have a fair bit to lose. I've accepted it now though. I like EE, I enjoy SW, so I will try and stick with it. Everyone is different and yep I hoped for a few bigger losses but now if I lose 0.5lb or 1lb I look at it as 1 pk of butter or 2 pkts of butter. It always makes me feel better looking at it like that lol :D

Very helpful comments here, thank you. I did SW a couple if years back and had the big losses. Then this time round I've lost 1lb and gained 1lb, and this thread's making me stick with it. Was ready to jack it in earlier... cheers x

It's a new day and I just wanted to say thanks for the help and advice offered yesterday. Had a bit of a downer as you probably noticed!

Am back to it today. Walked for an hour last night which helped. Bought some scan bran which is mentally helping I guess and I'm going to stop obsessing about the scales as it's really mostly important how I feel and I feel so much better in myself and so much healthier. I feel like I've lost more than 2.5 lbs even if I may not weigh or look like it!

Thanks again everyone. Drama queen outburst over! :)

Hi HelsAngel :)

I just wanted to mirror what others have said about 1lb being a brilliant loss per week! Have you seen the thread that shows you what 1lb of fat looks like?! If i can find it i will put the link here :)
Also my first 2 weeks were both 2lb loses (and i had lots more the lose than you) but week 3 was 5lb! I'm not saying you will definitely get a big loss a few weeks in, but my losses look all over the place! For instance last week i lost 2lb and this week doing pretty much the exact same thing i lost 4lb! I think for us females its harder to judge how we are losing without looking at our monthly losses rather than on a weekly bases due to hormones/water retention bla bla bla but please dont lose heart! SW is definitely slower weight-loss wise than say 'SlimFast' but i would much rather be able to eat well and lose slowly than putting myself through the hell of a quick fix type diet!
xxxxx

Congratulations on being 2.5lb lighter than you were two weeks ago!

Your diary looks awesome, but there is one thing that I would suggest doing, upping your water intake. Two glasses of water with NAS squash would be a good place to start :D

The weeks where I've been on plan and not monitored my water intake I've had ok losses, but the days that I've upped my water in-take I've had good losses! Try it and see how you do :)

Back