Disappointed ....

corrin87

Silver Member
In myself big time!! In my 4th week. As you can see I have done really well in my first 3 weeks 10.5lb off and a SOTW. I have never gone over my syns never felt the need I think the most I have ever used was 12.
Friday I had a mega busy day at work was really stressed didn't each much as didn't have the time. Was driving home at around 8pm got stuck in traffic which was standstill for like 2 hours had to pull up at McDonald's for as my bladder was about to burst!! And yeah I did the worst thing I could got a quarter pounder with cheese meal as didn't see the rush home as boyfriend was going to a stag do so left for the airport at half 8 so was annoyed I couldn't see him before he went so found comfort in food!!
Then Saturday started of well had a good brekkie and lunch, then as my son was at his dads the weekend I decided to meet a few of my girly mates ended up a night on the town god knows how many glasses of wine and shots we got threw!
Today has been ok but I had a twix with a cuppa after lunch!!
Iam so bloody annoyed with myself I was proud as anything Thursday when I fit in a pair of jeans that haven't fitted since having my son. Then. I have just ruined it over the weekend and its weigh in tomorrow.
oh we'll better pull myself together and put this behinde me just don't know where it came from :(

As you say, put it behind you. It's only a couple of days of high syns and it doesn't take away from how well you've been doing overall :)

Congrats on getting into those jeans! Concentrate on the positives and don't beat yourself up over slip-ups xxx

Draw a line and start back on plan again. After all you are only human. Don't be do hard on yourself, you've had an amazing loss in such a short period of time and to be honest you probably will still manage a small loss or a sts if you can get on track now :)

Emotional/comfort eating is so hard to break as a habit.

Fact is whats done is done - its history. Don't beat yourself up about it but simply learn from it. We are all human and if losing weight was simple then SW and all the other clubs wouldnt be billion pound businesses!!!

Get back on plan now and im sure u will be fine - think big picture and all that :) you are doing great xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. Had a syn free tea tonight. Back on track in the morning and write this weekend off :) xx

Corrin87, you should not worry, the journey is going to be full of times like that. They trip us up all the time, like the others have said just put it behind you , today is another day on your way to success. You're already back on plan, brill! Someone said that we are all like guided missiles, our path is constantly being corrected by our mechanism so that we eventually arrive where we aimed for. You've corrected yourself. Just learn from it. I have learned that when I have to take 2 or 3 very hungry rugby players into a mcD or Unlucky Fried Kitten ( bit unfair, I like a KFC) I have to really be careful, I've ordered the salad, no dressing to limit damage and to the amusement of my crowd.

I bet you enjoyed that quarter pounder at the time, but the consequences of having It have psyched you out. You know how you felt after, try and use that memory next time. As for having a blast with your girlfriends , so what, life is for living, as long a you don't go back fully to old ways regularly or most nights you will be fine.

Well done on your loss!

I defo won't go back to the life of going out every weekend that stopped when I had my son at 21 lol think I'm depressed my bf is in vegas on a stag do haha his back Tuesday with lots of presses so I will look forward to that lol :) thanks for your kind words I'm feeling a lot better now xx

Hey we've all done it! It happens so easily.... Start a fresh. Never too late :)

Draw a line and start back on plan again. After all you are only human. Don't be do hard on yourself, you've had an amazing loss in such a short period of time and to be honest you probably will still manage a small loss or a sts if you can get on track now :)

I know we all try to be supportive but I think that might be a little optimistic! We are all different, but if I had eaten/drunk what the OP had, even with a few days 100% on plan to turn things around, I would probably have had a gain!! The best thing to do, as others have said, is stick 100% to plan until WI and draw a line under it. The important thing is that you have had good losses so far, and can treat this little blip for what it is- real life! Well done for getting back on plan.

For me that usually works if I can get back on track with plenty of speeds and superspeeds. Bit like you say everyone is different. In fact I find my losses to be better with a flexi syn day rather than 7 100% days.

I have wi at 7.30 pm tonight if I have a little gain then there's no point in crying over it. It would be my own fault. Been shopping today filled up with ss and sf my heads back on it. Would be happy to stay the same today I will let you know how I get on x

Good luck tonight. Remember each day is a new day x

See i can have a few days off plan and still have a sts or loss, but then it bites me in the bum about a week or 2 weeks later lol Sometimes it can take a week or more to show up, just depends on your body!

Good luck for tonight, no matter what happens you are back on track now and that is the main thing!

There will be times when you might gain or stay the same, but thats life, this is a healthy eating plan for life, not a quick fix...i always eat what i like at things like weddings or the occasional night out, then get back on it as i want to be able to eat something naughty now and again, when i first started slimming world i wanted to be at target in a year (6 stone) but as time has got on i have been comfortable at sts for a few weeks and enjoying myself while i still can, i am not ever giving up slimming world, so i don't mind taking a bit of a scenic route, i still can't believe i have stuck to it for nearly 18 months!! In that time i have gained and re-lost 4lbs last easter, 7lbs in the summer where i didn't go for 4 wks, 8lbs at christmas, and i am just getting another gain off now lol but im happy to do that as i know i have joined in the fun etc, but some people like to be strict until they get to target and then relax a little, its all up to the individual person really, as long as you are happy :) Anyway i have rambled on lol, good luck for tonight, let us know how you get on xxx

So I managed a 0.5lb loss so happy not to have gained. Bring on a 100% week! X

Well done and good luck for this week xx

Back