Disappointing 1st weigh in

cakeyourday

Well it was my 1st WI today and I can promise I have been 100% good all week and I only lost 2lb :confused:

I know its a loss and I should be pleased, and if it continues at that it will be great but compared to a lot of other peoples' 1st week loss it doesn't seem much. The daft thing is I would have been happy with 3lb!!!

Anyway I am going to stick at fingers crossed I'll be happier next week :cross:

At least I have the forum which allows me to have a bit of a moan - thanks folks :eek:

I'm sure you'll be fine. People lose at different rates so don't be down on yourself. As you say if you keep goinbg at 2lb a week that would be over 7 stone in a year (one of my fave ways to look at losses...what could i achieve in year) and that would be amazing :)

Everyone's metabolism is different, you may find you will lose more next week when your body has adjusted to the diet, well done on your loss.

What plan have yu been followin? EE, green or original?. Well done on 2lb it's still a loss, 3 weeks at 2lb a week is nearly 1/2 stone!

I lost a 1lb my first week and put it down to the fact I'd been stuffing my face with everything and anything the previous week. I figured I still had some weight to go on even after I'd been weighed that first week before I could start losing, If that makes sense!

2lbs is the healthiest amount of weight you can lose in a week, anymore is losing too fast, even though SW does give higher results. So don't worry! You're doing good!

Congratulations on 2lbs, it may not seem a lot to you but its a bag of sugar (ish). Loose that every week nice and steady and you will achieve your goal. I have seen people at class that come in and have huge lossess some weeks and nothing the next and then gain and then another huge loss etc, but for some reason it seems to be the steady eddie's with a pound or two every week that reach goal. I think they learn more about the way they should be eating and change their ways more than the erratic ones do. So head down and here's to another good week. XX

I've just got two things to say:

Firstly, 2lb is not a small amount. Get yourself to the kitchen and pick up a bag of sugar. That's more or less what you've lost in ONE week!

Secondly, it doesn't matter what you lose the first week, only what you've lost by your last week and trust me by then you won't give two figs what you lost on week one.

Last edited:
Listen to the others they are all right - I only lost a little on my first week and only loose 1-2 pounds as I am going along but all thise 1 and 2 pounds soon add up. It was a good first week just keep going!

Thank you all

Thank you all for you words of support and encouragement :thankyou:

The great thing about this forum is the wonderfully quick responses can be the thing that stop you giving up, going mad and having a take home on the way home (I didn't I promise)!

Thanks again!!!!!

I feel your pain.... 4.5lb (I am a lot bigger than you)... hoping it just takes time to adapt

2lb is 4 packs of lard so well done. I lost nothing in my first week then 4lb the week after, dont be disheartened. x

Well it was my 1st WI today and I can promise I have been 100% good all week and I only lost 2lb :confused:

I know its a loss and I should be pleased, and if it continues at that it will be great but compared to a lot of other peoples' 1st week loss it doesn't seem much. The daft thing is I would have been happy with 3lb!!!

Anyway I am going to stick at fingers crossed I'll be happier next week :cross:

At least I have the forum which allows me to have a bit of a moan - thanks folks :eek:

I know she'll keep going as we have a pact:character00255:

Don't be disappointed, there will be all sorts of reasons, and I bet you lose even more this week. Have you been eating enough? Strange as it may seem, you need to really fill up on all your free foods and eat all your syns for this programme to work. This generally means that you will probably be eating more than you normally do!
Your body needs time to settle. Some people do it 100% and put on the first week, especially if they've swapped from another plan. Stick with it and you will soon be posting consistent losses. And remember, that 2lbs will in all likelyhood be fat not water!

I know how you feel I got wieghed today and have only lost 2 3/4lb in my first week. (My scales are WW ones which is why they weigh in 1/4 lbs).:sigh:

Am I really reading that someone is upset with a 2lb loss? And then another with a 4.5lb loss? ANY loss is to be cheered!!!! You're now lighter than you were last week.

The most I - and several others - have ever lost in a week is 2lbs. I average about 0.75lb. I don't care. The scales are going in the right direction and if it goes off slowly I have more chances of keeping it off. It's consistency that counts.

Think how long it took you to become the weight you are. You can't lose it overnight and you shouldn't want to. SW is a healthy eating plan, not a quick fix.

A huge WELL DONE from me on your 2lbs. And Sally on your 4.5lbs and Joanne on your 2.25lbs. :happy096::happy096::happy096: I hope to see you all reporting such good losses next week.

Well done Joanne W :0clapper: as everyone said to me its a good start and after I got over my initial sulk I am pleased that I am on the right track.

2nd WI tomorrow so hoping that goes ok too - should do as I have been 100% good all week.

The most ive lost in a wk was 2 and a half pounds....and i was really happy!!!

Hi hun -

2 lbs is a great start so feel proud!

When I first joined SW (late last year) I lost 6lbs in week one, but when I re-joined a different group 5 weeks ago, my first loss was 1.5lbs. Both times I'd been 100% good, but I think what others have said is true - I think it depends on what's 'catching you up' from before ;-)

2lbs is a healthy loss - if you maintain a healthy 2lbs a week you'll really notice and quite quickly too.

Stay focused - you will see it dropping off :)

P.S Larger losses in week 1 are generally water losses - and the 'female month' can affect this (my 6lb loss was following star week).

Good luck xx

This is my first week and my WI is on Monday. I've resisted getting on the scales but I'm worried :confused: - I've been doing EE and Red days. What weight losses have people experienced with EE? The 2lb a week/7 stone a year is a really good view to take but I'm impatient. I'm realy enjoying EE but I want to maximise my weight loss.

Back