Disappointing 3rd week

awin

I had my third WI today and was a bit disappointed. My start weight was 18 stone 8lb. 1st weighin was 17 7lb, 2nd 16 12lb. Today I'm 16 8lb. I'm pleased that it is going down but expected the weight loss for the first month to be a bit more so. Did others slow down then speed up again?

Hey Awin,

Thats 2 stone in 3 weeks or is my math bad??

Start weight 18st 8lb
1st weigh in 17st 7lb
2nd weigh in 16st 12lb
3rd weigh in 16st 8lb

Thats blinking amazing!!!

Hi Awin,
if I calculated properly your weight losses were, 15 lb, 9lb and then 4lb. To me that totals 28lb in 3 weeks which is 2 stone. From where I am sat that is a fantastic weigh loss, so don't know why you think that's a disappointment. I haven't seen many on here with a 15lb weight loss followed by a 9lb one, you have been extremely lucky. I don't know any other diet that would have given 2 stone in 3 weeks. Look at other peoples tickers and see what they have lost, LT says expect approx 4lb per week, which is excellent. Relax and enjoy the weight loss, you are obviously doing nothing wrong.
Doirin

i agree with others. your weight loss seems fantastic. keep going - it is clearly working for you

Thanks everyone. I know it's great but I'm forever seeing patterns and it seemed to be halving every week so was just thinking next week will be 2lb etc. I will be more positive

thats a brilliant weight loss u should be proud of yourself and stop thinking negatively woman!! lol u are doing amazing xxxx

Your losses really are fantastic. You should be thrilled with them. My average weekly loss was 4lbs. If yours is, you should be really pleased with that. I don't think they will keep on halving each week. No reason why they should.

Keep doing what your doing cos it's obviously working wonders.

I'm sorry but you're mad to be disappointed ...... can't believe it! You're doing brilliantly!! x

You need a reality check my friend - those losses are stupendous!!! 2 stone in 3 weeks, well frankly i don't think i've yet seen that even on LT!

think of the positives and the BIG picture - ie the 2 stone loss, not the fact that you went from 9lb to 4lb.

Thank you everyone you helped me put it into perspective :).

I was talking to my pharmacist who said that it's NOT unknown to loose 1 stone plus a week with exercise. I have been going to the gym 3 times a week for the last 2 weeks, and building up a sweat so was hoping that might make a difference.

well done on the great losses

Stick to it and you will keep going with the big losses

Thank you everyone you helped me put it into perspective :).

I was talking to my pharmacist who said that it's NOT unknown to loose 1 stone plus a week with exercise. I have been going to the gym 3 times a week for the last 2 weeks, and building up a sweat so was hoping that might make a difference.

Sorry - if he said that he wants shooting! He must have either meant in the FIRST week - though I would question that even! Or more likely he meant to say per MONTH not per week. There's absolutely no way a person could lose a stone every week - that's just plain ridiculous.

Re the exercise - better to stick mainly to toning and not do too much cardio unless you were well used to doing it before LT. If you use up too many calories you can put your body into starvation mode and that WILL affect your weigh-ins.

You're doing really well - it looks like your expectations have been unrealistically raised unfortunately. x

Back