Disappointing weigh in - diary advice

scraggyanna

Hello all,

I have been back on SW for 3 weeks now, and only lost 3lbs - no big first weigh in, and only 1 or 1.5lb per week.

This week I have put on half a pound and am very very disappointed. The last couple of days I haven't eaten so much, but nothing off plan.

Just wondering if anyone could spare a moment to have a look at my diary and see if you can spot anywhere I am going wrong?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/130882-scraggyannas-food-diary-2010-a.html - this is the link to my diary.

I know that everyone loses weight at different speeds, but feel like this is too early for me not to have a loss when I am following the plan. Also, I do try to keep my syns down a bit, as genuinely find it very difficult to lose anything on 10 - 15 per day.

Thanks.

Hi there
Have you asked your consultant to have a look at your food diaries with you?
I have had a quick look and don't think you are eating nearly enough - especially free foods. Have you tried Extra Easy or do you prefer to stick with Red and Green.
Whilst not wishing to diminish the amount of weight you have to lose or offend you in anyway,it is a relatively small amount and this can sometimes be much harder. both of my daughters have a similar amount to lose and that is also their pattern.
Well done for what you have acheived so far. Also - are you able to plan in some extra exercise?
Good luck

Hi not been on it that long myself and not losing massive amounts either (4.5 pounds in 3 weeks), but to me it doesn't look like you have eaten enough. A Mugshot for lunch is not enough, and your dinner wasn't that big either.

Perhaps you can try and eat a bit more, and see if that works? I'm eating a lot more than this.

Also, you are still losing, even if it is slowly, so it's going in the right direction.

Good luck :)

Have left a comment on your diary page mainly concerning that fact that you seem to be only eating half of your hea + b allowance.

hope it helps :D

Hello all,

Thanks for the advice.

Petunia - I don't go to a group, I do SW online, so don't have a consultant to show my diary to. I do prefer red and green days, as I think they are a bit more restrictive than EE, and I quite like that! I know what you mean about not having lots and lots to lose, and it is comforting to know that your daughters have a dimilar experience. Exercise is difficult at the moment, which is why I stick to the lower end of the syns, but is something I'd like to build in when I lose a bit more weight.

Sugarlove - thanks for your advice - nice to know it's not only me. I realise some days I am not eating so much, and last week wasn't quite as good, but felt like I was eating quite a lot of free foods.

I am doing my food shop tomorrow, so will make sure that I plan my meals before I go, and get lots of freebie food!

Thanks again.

ive had a look too, and i also think your not eating enough, try and bulk your food up with free foods. :)
i have a friend who is in the same boat as far as losing 1/2 to 1lb a week but like i have told her 1lb a week is 52lbs a year and she gets to go to the best social group in the town :)
have you thought of a buddy??

Cambscrafts - thanks. It seems the consensus it that I am not eating enough, so I will definitely be trying better this week. Thanks for sharing your friend's experience - I think when there is less to lose it will obviously come off a bit slower. 52lbs in a year sounds good!!

Back