*** DISAPPPOINTED NEWBIE *** :(

smellymelly

Hiya im Mel , i joined weightwatchers 2 weeks ago and im a liitle disappointed to say the least . I Lost 2.5lb the 1st week and only 1lb this week ????? Im a big girl with a lot to lose , so cant understand why i havent lost more to start with !! Ive been tracking n weighing food that needs to be weighed , im disappointed , i even felt this week that i had a good loss .... :confused: :confused:

hi mel, a loss is a loss, don't get too disheartened!

have you been exercising as weight losses can be less even though you'll be losing inches xx

How many of your weeklies are you eating?

Different people need different amounts of their weeklies. Some hardly eat any and that works for them, others can eat them all and still lose. At the beginning there's a bit of practice needed to find out where you fall with this.

Personally I HAVE to leave at least 20 weeklies or I don't lose weight. I always eat my 30 points a day but try and vary how many of my weeklies I eat.

Try not to eat the same thing every day - your body gets used to the stagnant energy levels. Try and mix up how much, what and how many of your points you eat a day.

And good luck. If you're being strict and not sneaking treats, it will work. :)

WW advise that you should be losing between 1 to 2 pounds a week, which is exactly what you have done. Yes, some people have larger losses to begin with, but plenty don't. WW is only designed to make you lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. If you want higher losses, really you should try a different diet.

hi mel, a loss is a loss, don't get too disheartened!

have you been exercising as weight losses can be less even though you'll be losing inches xx

This ^^^

This week I only lost .5lb but my jeans have got baggier this week - I think it's to do with fat and muscle weighing the same so even though you're losing fat you might be building muscle at the same time so it balances out and makes it look like you've not lost anything on the scales. Any loss is better than a gain :)

Thanks everyone . Are "" Weeklies "" the 49 points that everyone has ?? If so i only really use them if i have a special occasion like a party or i go out , Other than that i have my 37 a day . I Do exercise , i do loads of walking , coz i have a morning job and an evening job , i dont drive so walk n bus to both jobs , and they are both jobs where im constantly on my feet aswell .

Mel xx

This ^^^

This week I only lost .5lb but my jeans have got baggier this week - I think it's to do with fat and muscle weighing the same so even though you're losing fat you might be building muscle at the same time so it balances out and makes it look like you've not lost anything on the scales. Any loss is better than a gain :)

muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less space for the same weight.

so if you lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle, you are going to be "smaller"

as well as that muscles cost calories to exist (fat is stoic and requires nothing), which makes your body a more efficient fat burner. :)

I'm doing a very intense exercise regime, not losing huge amounts of "scales" weight... but I've got massive muscles growing despite that x

use them on what you like! i tend to drink mine :beer8:

it doesn't always work like that and everybody is different but i see you have 37 a day, i only have 29 a day and i use all them on food and there is nothing spare to have a drink and enjoy myself

if i didn't use them then i might lose it quicker but a healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week and i am quite happy plodding along as long as i shift the weight! x

Oh ok thanks smirnoff , its just i find with my 37 a day i find that sufficient , n dont need to use the 49 ?? xx

god im jealous lol i ate my weeklies 1st day as had lunch out with my sis and kids. i could eat yours for you? :whistle:

mia_queenbee, it's a good job you can't buy them on ebay cos you'd be bidding on them right now lol x

pmsl any spare weeklies going chuck them my way haha dont think id see and loses on sat weigh in mind x

oohh this is only my first week and I weigh in on a saturday so i have saved most of my weeklies this week but i intend on using them saturday night for a bottle of wine and a nice meal.

x x

I felt like this in the beginning also, slow and steady wins the race and today I hit my 3 stone loss, it's taken 9 months but it feels amazing!

The best advice I can say, and what you will hear so many times is "A loss is a loss" and it is so right.
Keep your chin up and stick at it, it is so worth it I promise :)

Back