Disco's Diet Diary- I'm no April fool

disocoDR

Well today is day one. I have never done an online diary thing before so here goes.
Firstly a little bit about me, I have like lots of others on this forum been up and down my whole life. In 2009 I got to my all time heaviest at 15 stone 10lb so went started lighter life. I done really well loosing 4 stone in total, in this time we got married and I kept the weight off for about 11 months. then started to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, I am now 3 stone up and do not want to be back at my pre lighter life weight in 2009. I have tried WW, SW, Dukan and atkins in the three months since christmas but I just can't seem to do moderation.

So here goes my first day of exante, I chose this diet mainly because of cost. Lighter life is very expensive and I know they have since up'd the price since I done it, I have also dabbled in cambridge but to be honest the "consultant" in my area was a pain in the ass and I done one week then couldn't face seeing her again! So this seems ideal, low cost and no self important consultant who talks about only herself and how successful she is!

My goal this time is to go all the way, I've set my self a initial target weight of 11 stones that is a little above my recommended weight for my height (5ft 4) but a loss of 52lb, which I am hoping to achieve in 12 weeks. After that I plan to continue to loose weight using the working solution untill I get to 10 stone...but for the time being I keeping my eyes on the initial prize!

Well wish me luck, I don't get my package untill Tuesday but I have some left over CD packs which I am going to start on today, lets hope I am not an April fool!!!

Today's plan is 11 am Vanilla shake, then at 3pm some veg broth, 6pm thai chilli soup, 9pm chocolate shake.

Good luck hon. I assume with the CD packs you have to have 4 of those a day? Don't forget when you start Exante that it's only 3, but dont worry, you wont be more hungry on it.

With CD it's only 3 too, they are almost identical looking at the nutritional info. Thnx I'm soo excited is that sad?

sorry, got confused about the veg broth, is that the same as the Boullion we're allowed on this one?

and definitely NOT sad, you're making major positive changes to your life, it's right to be excited about that.

Yeah the veg broth is the Boullion, I have been reading all the threads here and feeling very inspired and motivated. I know the next few days will be hard so will keep myself busy and probably be posting lots!

Reading everything here is great for motivation :) And posting keeps up the distractions!

Best of luck! x

And here comes the struggle, I always find the evening the hardest. Still got two packs to have so will have my soup in 15 minutes then keep maself busy until last shake at 9pm. I am so impatient just want it to be 4 weeks time, I must learn to live and enjoy the moment!

Well done for starting, I think we are all impatient. You know you can do it, so get that focus on and keep at it. I am a week in and its getting better every day xx

Well thats day 1 done only another 121 to go.... It's been tough this evening. On reflection I wasn't particularly hungry for most of the evening, just starting to realise how much of my evening eating is boredom/comfort! Hungry now but v. tired and tucked up in bed. Bring on day two at least I'm at work tomorrow so will have something to take my mind off it. I plan not to have my first pack till after 12, the day should go.
7am water + Coffee
11am Coffee
1pm Vanilla shake
4;30 swim
6pm Mushroom Soup
9pm Shake

Gonna try and stay off the bars till day 4.

Goodnight all x

Good luck with day 2. I tend to have my packs at about 10am/11am, 3pm/4pm and then about 7pm/8pm. I'm never hungry first thing but seem to need something by mid morning.

Hey Disoco :D
I struggle at night too. Torture time !!
Good luck chick :D

Hey well so far survived day 2, but nearly knocked someone out in work today. I was so hungry and cranky, I actually stormed along to their office but just kept walking as I reminded myself I could end up in prison if I actually saw them. So went back to my office and turned off the lights and had a boullion. Just about to go swimming to keep myself busy untill 6pm soup time! I got my exante packs today. Was surprised that they have so many calories, so we are having just over 600 a day? I thought a VLCD had to be <500? Uch well as long as the weight comes off I don't mind
So swimming then catch up on last nights broadchurch that should keep me busy till 18:30 at least!! I'll be back on then, love reading everyone's diaries very inspiring.

Keep going, keep busy. It is hard but you'll be past that first few days soon, and then will feel better. You can do this with the help of distractions, Enjoy your swim x

A VLCD is considered anything under 800 calories a day and a LCD is under 1000 calories a day I think. Both LL and CD are about 400 a day but having done LL and comparing my losses on this diet with the losses week by week in my LL book from the last time I tried it in about 2009, I'm actually doing better so far on this, only by about 1lb or so but still. My first 3 weeks losses were identical to LL too, so I dont think those extra 200 calories a day are an issue.

A VLCD is considered anything under 800 calories a day and a LCD is under 1000 calories a day I think. Both LL and CD are about 400 a day but having done LL and comparing my losses on this diet with the losses week by week in my LL book from the last time I tried it in about 2009, I'm actually doing better so far on this, only by about 1lb or so but still. My first 3 weeks losses were identical to LL too, so I dont think those extra 200 calories a day are an issue.

Well as long as the weight comes off and at a fast pace I'm happy with that! I am so looking forward to my first weigh in once I get that initial boost it will all be a little easier as you see some result. I am tempted to do a mid week weigh in but really want to keep it for a surprise next Monday.

Evening and weekends for me. I've never had such exfoliated skin, bubble baths, and painted nails in my life. I agree it's all about the distraction .x

Evening and weekends for me. I've never had such exfoliated skin, bubble baths, and painted nails in my life. I agree it's all about the distraction .x

Soo funny I am sitting in bed all exfoliated with facemask and nails painted!!! well day 2 done and 120 to go!!

Its amazing how we find time for things like that, which wed never do before.....and we are the cleanest , most well buffed, lot about :)

Pedicure and toe nail painting for me tomorrow

Nik

Xxx

Catching up on here passes the time too ;)
Well done on getting through day 2 :D

Back