discouraged

Elaine-Melanie

Hi
I started Slimming World last Monday and have about 5 stones to lose, I have been on the Green for the whole week, using about 5 - 10 syns each day and I have not lost an ounce! Totally discouraged. Any ideas what I could have done wrong? Do I change to red this week?
E Melanie

Hiya, just seen your post, all i can say is give it another go, did u speak to your consultant-discuss your food diary with her, it may well be that you just havent done it right, i had a few problems at first but once you get the hang of it its easy, enjoyable and satisfying, try herbal teas i find theyre really helpful specially any with licorice root in them :0) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No wonder you're discouraged :(

Did your consultant go over your food diary to see where you could be going wrong? Sometimes it takes a wee while to get your head round a diet and it could be something really simple - you may not even have been eating enough.

Are you drinking enough water? Drinking more water can help with the weightloss too.

Stick with it though. It could just be your body adjusting, or time of the month making you retain fluid. I bet you see a massive weightloss next week.

Good luck

val x

Ditto about checking your food diary with your consultant, or even post it on here lots of people do that. Maybe changing to red for a week would be a good idea. Whatever you do don't give up, at least you haven't gained and if you're like me when I am not dieting I do gain which makes it harder when I start again. Keep us posted on your progress.

Back