Disgusted at syn value in Wetherspoons salad!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there!

Well my plans changed at the last minute as we had to go to Wetherspoons instead of Frankie and Bennys. I opted for the Warm chicken and bacon salad as I thought that would be a healthy option. Pah! It's 17.5 syns on EE! :eek:

I'm not counting 17.5 syns for it, as I didn't have any of the dressing, so the only syns would be from the bacon (fat was still on it). I'm going to count it as 8 syns (roughly 3 rashers of bacon and a bit of oil).

So annoyed! I'm never going to Wetherspoons again!

Sian xxx

Last edited:
You should stay in and watch telly like me...................no syns! :8855::8855:

Unfortunately Wetherspoons meals are notoriously high in syns - I think the lowest 'synned meal' by a long way is the 5 bean chilli x

Certain restaurants are listed on syns online so you can look them up. But most are not listed. You can understand why it would be difficult to give syns values for eating out when ingredients, recipes and cooking methods can vary so much from place to place. In general when eating out you have to make sensible choices and guesstimate the syn values. If we are being honest we all know the foods that are high in syns and that we should try and avoid, and those that are healthy options. Avoid dishes that are creamy, have cheese, are deep fried or have a lot of oil in them.

I couldn't believe it when I read that one of the highest Synned meals in Wetherspoons is a steak, jacket potato and salad! If I remember rightly there are less syns if you opt for the chips and peas!? Madness I tell ye! xx

They deep fry:eek: their jackets to make them look like oven done ones. :eek:The crispy skin makes you think they have been in oven!:eek:

Eeew, just read this post. Thanks for the info ladies - I am mentally making a note never to eat in Wetherspoons again. If they can inject jacket potatoes with oil and deep fry them, then what other evils are they getting up to?

i too had the same awful experience! thinking I was being good having a chicken and bacon salad, how wrong we were! shalln't be goin again

xx

They do not inject their potatoes with oil. The potatoes come pre-baked and can either be microwaved or ovened to heat up.

I wouldn't have thought that you could deep fry a potato and it would come out like a jacket? wouldn't it be more like a big round chip?!

eating out is tough I try to go for salads or chicken... I don't look on the website at the syns I just find what I don't know wont hurt... right? lol

Gotta agree with Lexie - it's a myth that they deep fry/inject their jackets with oil...

They do not inject their potatoes with oil. The potatoes come pre-baked and can either be microwaved or ovened to heat up.

was searching for syns and this above is true.. think its absurd people are saying they're injected or deep fried.. i used to work there and they do not do either.. jackets are syn free.. if you have just a jacket.. if you have jacket with 5 bean and no salad dressing then that as far as i know atm is free too..

was searching for syns and this above is true.. think its absurd people are saying they're injected or deep fried.. i used to work there and they do not do either.. jackets are syn free.. if you have just a jacket.. if you have jacket with 5 bean and no salad dressing then that as far as i know atm is free too..

what if ya have a jacket pot nothing on in with steak & salad again no dressing wot do ya reckon tat wud work out at???

Back