Dismotivated?

Fat&FedUp

Dismotivated.

I know that's not a proper word, but it's the only way I can describe how I'm feeling today, compared to my first week on SW.

I'm disappointed with my losses. Last night i though sod it, and had 5 slices of a 15" pizza :sigh:

Was gonna get straight back on track today, but went with my OH to a dr's appt at 8.30 this morning, and we got rushed into A&E. They thought he might have a pulminory embolism.

Thank God he never, but we were there from 9am til 2pm, and literally not a drop of drink or morsel of food passed my lips.

I was revenous when i got home and had the beginings of a migraine, so I had a slice of pizza left over from last night, and a bag of crisps, and a bar of chocolate, and 2 slices of toast with butter and chocolate spread.

So, my plan is to not worry at all what i eat today - not pig out, just not concentrate on SW, and get back on the horse tomorrow, and be 100% for the rest of the week.

Just wanted to get it all out, and write it all down so that i HAVE to get back on track tomorrow.

:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Aw hun i dunno what that embolysm thing is but you take care and you never know this could kick start your metabolism for a good loss next week!
x

Thanks FNM - An embolism is a clot in the lungs

I've done something similar due to my disappointment with the scales too, a little of what you fancy does you good- get back on track tomorrow & you'll be ok x

At least your hubby is fine, that's the main thing. Try and add up what you ate and you will be suprised that you may not have had as many syns as you think. Also, I got this from the SW website!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many people put themselves under appalling pressure without even realising it. The scenario can vary tremendously in content but the process is the same.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

The scenario is all too familiar and goes something like this: There we are, bounding along, being incredibly 'good', losing weight well, when along comes temptation and we let that iron control slip - just a little. We're so disappointed that we tell ourselves we've spoiled everything, we've 'blown' it. We continue to 'blow' it [might as well, now we've ruined our perfect run] for days or even weeks. Result - significant weight gain, significant damage to our self-esteem, significant reinforcement of our belief that we're useless at this slimming game.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At Slimming World, we have a wonderful eating plan, it's called Food Optimising. You can eat loads of food and lose weight. There's a list as long as your arm of what we call Free Food - different foods that you can eat freely to satisfy your appetite. Then we ask you to eat some more food, called Healthy Extras, to ensure a good nutritional balance. Then, on top of all that, there's what we humorously call Syns - foods often banned on diets because they're quite fattening. Between 10 and 15 Syns is about the recommended amount a day for someone who's two to three stones overweight [you can have more if you have more to lose]. This helps you lose weight at a good and sensible rate, say a couple of pounds a week.

In other words, it's a way of eating that can be adopted quite naturally as a way to eat for life. It's a way of eating that you can feel so comfortable with that it's no hardship to adopt it for good. It's a way of eating that slim people do as a matter of course and they've never even tried Food Optimising!
[/FONT]

The point I'm making is that it's a super way of losing weight and keeping it off. However, there are times when those usual Syns just aren't enough. Certainly, you could eat out or go to a party and stick rigidly to your Syns, but you may find yourself feeling just a touch deprived, like a martyr. And that's when trouble can start. So what's the alternative? Flexibility!

Slim people overeat occasionally and don't worry about it. They carry on with their normal routine as soon as they're able. Or they adjust what they eat beforehand. Or they compensate afterwards. Slimmers can do the same - and it works.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remember the scenario I described earlier? Now imagine, when you've 'blown' it, how many extra Syns (or calories) you actually ate. You probably have no idea because you stopped counting. And you stopped counting the next day, and the next... We're now talking hundreds of extra calories (or Syns) - hundreds! That's when the real weight loss damage is done, not by just allowing yourself a bit of extra leeway - say an extra 20 Syns or so - but by giving up for a week or a month or a year.

We often see people who take the fast route, the motorway to slimming success, and end up so exhausted at the end of their journey that they relapse. Those who take the scenic route still reach their destination, maybe a little later, but they've had a much more pleasant journey and are in great spirits to continue. So, be kind to the most important person you know - you.

Every now and then, ease the pressure on yourself. How much and how often? You decide. Try it out. Give yourself an extra allowance when you need it most, negotiate an upper limit with yourself - even if it's just a stressful day - and you'll also be giving yourself a real chance of success, for life. Just keep counting - and stick to your upper limit - you can count on it!
[/FONT]

Hope this helps to make you feel better!

Thanks space angel! :D

That's definately helped, and I will food optimising again from tomorrow.

I've had a bad day, but tomorrow WILL be better!

Course it will, and if not, it's not the end of the world. I think the Flexible Syns thing is good because it stops us feeling guilty and annoyed with ourselves. I am sure that if Hubby had been fine, you wouldn't have been so ravenous!

I'm glad your OH is ok.

I've done much the same but mine lasted a few days :(

Sandra - was in Briercliffe today. Did you say your SW class is in Briercliffe?

That a great article and it's really helped me. My problem is the opposite of bingeing - I haven't allowed myself anymore than 12 syns without feeling bad and really tightening on the syns for the rest of the week - I'm starting to realise that this doesn't work either. I'm going to try to allow myself a few treats one day a week, preferably at the start of my SW week, and see what happens.

Yep I go to the briercliffe club - hopefully I'll come out of it next week with a big grin lol.

Hi
What a terrible day you have had - the main thing is that your OH is fine. His health is the main thing.
You can get back on track tomorrow, draw a line under todays eating. Eat SS foods.
Whatever day you next weigh in keep focused and you never know you may be suprised by the scales.
Irene

Well I just had half a portion of egg fried rice, a spring roll and some curry sauce.

I feel quite sick - that'll teach me eh?

After doing SW for 3 weeks, that horrible so-full-i-feel-sick feeling has reminded me justwhy i wanted to stop eating *****! lol!

sooo glad ur OH is ok :)

jus draw a line under and lets move on? tomorrow is a new day n am sure u will have a loss next week!!! do u eat a lot of superfree foods like strawberries? n drink a lot of water? cos i think this helped me this week

xxx

Thanks Stacey - Glad to hear that superspeed foods work! I will be eating lots of them this week!

Hi F&Fup just wanted to say hope your ok :) I hate it when I go off track I just keep seeing weigh in day getting closer and closer then panic, and then a couple of days b4 end up eating practically nothing which is stupid and no need for.

Wise words from spaceangel I enjoyed reading it, glad OH is ok, but life is full of ups and downs and sometimes diets are the last thing on our minds hope you can get back on track hun take care x

Back