Dissapointed first wi

thinoncemore

hi all

First wi was tue night and i have to say im a bit peeved with it , i lost 2.5 lbs, but i thought it would be more as i have about 6 stone to lose, i will admit my portions are huge, everyone keeps saying this isnt a problem but im not so sure ?

And also my sweet tooth !, by the time ive used syns for salad cream/mayo at lunch, gravy at dinner time, i only have enough syns left for a tiny treat size thing and it just doesnt satisfy my, my leader said she would look at my food dairy this coming week to see if we need to reduce syns (im having 15), but i honestly dont think i could do this without the full 15 !

You need to remember you only get a big first week loss if you haven't dieted for a while and it's your first week on a diet.

For a regular SW week 2.5 is brilliant :)

Well done that's a great start,everyone loses at their own speed,next week it may catch up and be more. X

2.5lbs is good, well done :) if you have lost that with your 15 syns then carry on as you are doing. If you feel deprived your more likely to go off plan.

Also, your C probably said that about the syns as they usually recommend 10, so you've got 5 as a safety net in case you underestimate a portion, forget about a syn, etc. Easily done with sauces and gravy and the lke.

Another poster was saying something similar yesterday after losing 3lbs on week one - you might like to read through the replies.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/220482-not-really-impressed.html

It's not written in stone that if you have a lot of weight to lose you automatically get a big loss in week one. Your loss is dependant on a number of factors but mostly what your diet was like before starting the plan. Big losses on week one are primarily water losses and if you don't have a lot of fluid retention then you are just not going to get that. It's not that are doing something wrong - you did everything right and lost a great amount of weight!

As I said on the other thread, week one losses are irrelevant - it's what you've lost by the week you get to target that are important. I had 7 stone to lose and lost 3lbs in week one. I had no expectations for what I 'should' lose and was more than happy with that. Week 2 I lost another 3lbs and the same in week 3 ... and by a year later the 7 stone was gone. I actually lost more weight the week I got to target than i had in week 1 or at any point in my weight loss! You need to see the bigger picture and not get so hung up on what the scales say each week.

So celebrate your loss rather than bemoaning it is not big enough!

Celebrate the small losses because they will add up to the total. Its just sitting there and hearing other peoples losses. You did well because it takes time to adjust to the food optimising.

Good luck next week x

Also what were you eating the week before, did you have a blow out? You can't expect your body to go into reverse at high speed it's not a car.
What week in your cycle are you? Some weeks you will naturally retain water. You say your portions are huge, are you following the 1/3 super-free? Remember ONLY fruit and veg written in orange is super-free, so not peas, sweetcorn, parsnips etc
I would wait till you've done four weeks. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Back