Dissapointed

Just if you're interested I watched a documentary about a weight loss camp/clinic which people stayed at to try and lose weight and conquer the psychological reasons for over eating. And this one man was addicted to oranges it's all he ate ever, and he had about 40 oranges a day and weighed over 40st!!! Can you believe it?!?!

For the calories in a banana you can have a kitkat...ridiculous isn't it.

And although people say it's "good sugar" in fruit, it's not, you body processes it exactly the same way as sugar in a chocolate bar, insulin goes up and stores the excess sugar as glycogen and fat.

Didn't know that about bananas and kitkats! And 40 oranges a day! Yuck.

Sorry i haven't been on to see this till today but been on nights. I did however weigh myself yesterday at my mums and if it's correct i've lost! Won't put on here how much till tomorrow as it's my official weigh in then.

I have been better with the fruit but i am having the ones that i think have more sugar ie pineapple, but just not as much. Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully the meeting won't be as busy tomorrow so will be able to ask questions. She is a good leader but as i said, last week was really busy x

Didn't know that about bananas and kitkats! And 40 oranges a day! Yuck.

Sorry i haven't been on to see this till today but been on nights. I did however weigh myself yesterday at my mums and if it's correct i've lost! Won't put on here how much till tomorrow as it's my official weigh in then.

I have been better with the fruit but i am having the ones that i think have more sugar ie pineapple, but just not as much. Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully the meeting won't be as busy tomorrow so will be able to ask questions. She is a good leader but as i said, last week was really busy x
its so annoying how the nicer fruits have the most sugar like pineapple, pomegranate, bananas etc etc :(

Is pomegranites high too? Hmmmm. Never mind. The new plan is so far getting me to pick healthier choices. Don't find i'm going for the crisps so much!

it still causes a release in insulin causing it to be stored as glycogen and fat. gradual or not, the finite effect is the same. but yeah true on the nutrients, i'm not saying replace all fruit with a kitkat bar lol but trying to point out that you're still as likely to gain weight whilst eating fruit ie fat orange addicted american.

No, you're not and I think it's quite misleading to say so on a board like this actually. It's really not the same at all - the body processes it differently - the speed IS quite key here actually.

I'm sure the American also ate more that JUST 40 oranges a day or else he'd never be off the toilet either. :)

I saw on the telly that it is a different type of sugar that is released slower into the body than ordinary sugars, however a few people have also said that it's not wise to eat more than 3 portions of fruit in terms of your 5 a day... therefore you can't get away with using all your 5 a days on fruit thats what they are saying i think as you need to cut back a little due to the cal intake not sugar!

However i do strongly believe it also relies heavily on the individual and how their body reacts to fruit and veg and the sugar/cals involved :) i say if it works for you and you still lose carry on! but if some people are finding they are eating loads of fruit and maybe sts or gain.... with being 100% and no other reason to why they may have sts or gained then you may need to look into reducing the amount of fruit your having and increase your fluid intakes :) xx

It really is. I have the lecture right in front of me. They don't teach you wrong at medical school.

Also like smirky says: individual body etc
my mums blood sugar was dangerously raised on a fasting blood glucose test and she didn't realise why as she had cut out all chocolates etc then realised it was satsumas and kiwis!!! She stopped eating those and her blood glucose test was normal the following time. It's totally crazy.

But yeah I hear three portions of fruit and everything else vegetables is advisable.

Either way eat fruit be happy....it's got to be better than eating burger king :) that's how I look at it! Atleast you'll have more nutrients etc xx

Back