Dissapointing 2 weeks :(

Laura Jayne

I'm a little down today as i have not managed to shift any weight for the last 2 WEEKS! I have been good every day, started doing more exersise so im not sure why i'm having problems. Seems to be i hit 13 stone 12lb and just stopped.
Its really disheartening atm, seems all my hard work everyday is for nothing. I hope i can keep stong willed enough to keep going. I know people can plaute off sometimes but 2 weeks seems a long time. I rechecked my diet to make sure i wasn't undereating and the calorie count looks fine so im not sure whats going on.
Sorry for going on like this but my chap cant understand how frustrated i am atm and i'm hoping i can find a sympathetic ear here, and maybe some tips/help to get things moving again.

Hi Laura, Sorry to see that you are STS for a couple of weeks but I think I break the records for that!!..:D

Seriously tho' - as you don't write down your food intake it's hard to know what to advise - (not that I am an expert), but if you are having exactly the same thing,75% of the day that won't help matters. Better to try to change some items even tho' it may mean having to investigate what to have. Sometimes we get stuck in the same old, same old, as it's easy and we can do it en route.

Don't despair, keep up the good work 'cos I know it will get going sooner or later!!..:)

Onwards and Downwards!!

Stick with it, i no how annoying it is... all your hard work, you look forward to the weigh day were u must have lost something and then... nothing.. grrr!!! so annoying but stick with it! it will come of ya!

I've been staying the same for ages, so I upped my cals to 1800 for a week... then fell off the wagon for three weeks... put on 3lbs... stuck with 1800 cals for two weeks and shifted a pound each week.

Now I'm back on reduced cals and I'm hoping that this weeks weigh in should be much more impressive... unfortunately it took many more weeks of staying the same and a little blip to kick my metabolism into actually WORKING!!!

Good luck! x

Hey Laura

Keep at it!! I once plateaued on a diet for nearly a MONTH. Think about it this way - if you go off plan, you'll gain weight - staying the same (even for 2 weeks) is an accomplishment in itself!

On a practical note - there are plenty of reasons that you may not be losing.

Ask yourself about the following:

1. Bloat - are you drinking enough water? too much sodium in your diet?
2. Constipation - are you er, regular. Eating enough roughage?
3. Hormones - we women can start retaining water upto 2 weeks before Aunt Flo actually visits ;)
4. Change in routine? Doing extra exercise can initially make you gain weight as your muscles swell and retain water. Plus, you look denser with 1lb of muscle than 1lb of fat!
5. Kind of related to number 4 - you may have lost body fat, which isn't measured on normal scales :)
6. Foodwise - look at what you're eating and see if it's as healthy as it can be. I'm believer that somebody eating 1200 healthy calories will be healthier and probably do better long term than somebody eating 1200 calories that incorporates a lot of "diet" or "faddy" foods that don't fill them up (and can prompt an eventual trip off the wagon!). I'm not saying never have chocolate or a glass of wine but see what substitutions you can make.
7. Make sure you are weighing everything you eat that isn't pre-packaged, preferably on digital scales. You will be amazed how we can estimate wrongly - it's been a real eyeopener for me since Sunday alone when I bought my new kitchen scales!

But most of all, stick to it - the body will catch up eventually!

Good luck. It's not easy to stay motivated when the scales are not showing the hard work you have put in.
Stick with it though :)

Back