dissappointed

Superstar Naz

Hi peeps,

I am new to all this. I started the Slimming world diet on 21/03/11.

I had my first weigh in and I put on 0.5lb.

I am very disappointed.

Any advice???

It is time of the month so maybe its because i am very bloated :cry:

Please can any! advice me of why i put on?

thanks

very unhappy

Welcome Superstar Naz:welcome:
I have moved your post to the Slimming World main forum so that other SW members will be able to offer support and advice.

During the totm most women gain a few pounds so a gain of 0.5lb would indicate most lightly you have had a loss and that it will show up next week at weigh in.

Hang in there, you are doing well to have your first week done and dusted.

Do you have a food diary we can look at for you?

Yesterday

Breakfast: beans, egga and tomatos mde in low fat oil
Lunch: potato with beans and salad
Dinner: stir fry with chicken and vegetables
Throughout the day: fruit and fat free yoghurt
Syn: Time out single finger
Plenty of water

Today:
Weetabix with milk allowance followed by blue berries
Lunch Stir fry chicken from yesterday with salad and water, followed by an apple.

Thats all i have for ths week.

Feel as tho i am trying but not suceeding

:cry:

Your small gain could just be down to it being your time of the month.

I agree, don't let it get you down as I'm sure you will see a change next week. There is an argument for looking at losses over a month rather than a week to take into account hormonal changes.

Which plan are you following? If extra easy just make sure you are getting your superfoods in at mealtimes. Double check that your yoghurts are syn free as not all fat free ones are, and when you say low fat oil do you mean frylight?

Try posting your daily menu in the food diary section here and we will let you know if you are going wrong anywhere.

:help2:

Many Thanks Circes and Sweet Pink.

My next weigh in is on monday! will let you know how i get on!

I am following the Red original plan.

The yoghurts i asked my Consultant and she said they were free. The muller light ones with chocolate sprinkles.

I got extra virgin oil which is 1 cal per 1 spray!

Await your feedback.

Okay, so on your first day were the potato and beans your HEBs? They need to be weighed and the potato needs to have its skins on to count as a HEB. You had beans twice that day - did you split your HEb between the two meals?

What are you having for your HEa? And don't forget that you can have two HEa and HEbs on the red plan.

Any particular reason you are doing red? If you're going to use your HEBs on potato and beans you are better off doing extra easy as you don't need to weigh them.

Your mullerlight with chocolate sprinkles is syn free so that's okay, as is your oil spray.

Yes I weighed my potato and beans.

Only reason I am doing red is because it seems the one which enable you to loose weight quicker (recommended by a few friends who have lost alot of weight)

HEa : 250ml milk
HEb: 1) beans 2) potato

Am I doing this right?:argh:

Your small gain is more than likely due to your TOTM.

How about trying out lots of Superspeed foods this week to boost your weight loss?

Good luck! x

Yes I weighed my potato and beans.

Only reason I am doing red is because it seems the one which enable you to loose weight quicker (recommended by a few friends who have lost alot of weight)

HEa : 250ml milk
HEb: 1) beans 2) potato

Am I doing this right?:argh:

Yep, as long as everything was measured and the potato had its skin on you did great.

The red plan doesn't necessarily give you the best losses. All the plans work equally well, you just need to find the one that fits best with your lifestyle and the foods you enjoy. If you really like your carbs but force yourself to do red days in the belief that you will get better losses then you probably won't stick it long-term. I lost pretty much all my weight on green days and over a relatively short period of time (11 months) just because I stuck to the plan.

Good luck for next week!

Yep, as long as everything was measured and the potato had its skin on you did great.

The red plan doesn't necessarily give you the best losses. All the plans work equally well, you just need to find the one that fits best with your lifestyle and the foods you enjoy. If you really like your carbs but force yourself to do red days in the belief that you will get better losses then you probably won't stick it long-term. I lost pretty much all my weight on green days and over a relatively short period of time (11 months) just because I stuck to the plan.

Good luck for next week!

I am not sure which plan to do then as I am being told diff things.

You have been a great help many thanks...

I wil be having a potato weighed with skin and tuna tonight.

Any more recommendations on what I can use my syns on plz???

:rolleyes:

Naz i feel dissapointed aswell as feel as if im really trying and ive literally cut out all takeaways and sweets i feel asif i should have lost more then 2.5lb :( see you monday hun xx

I am not sure which plan to do then as I am being told diff things.

It's not an exact science, it's a very individual thing - what suits your friends may not suit you and the only way is to try all the plans and see how you get on. But you do need to give them several weeks before deciding if it is working or not

Any more recommendations on what I can use my syns on plz???

As for the syns, what do you like eating? It could be treats like chocolate, wine, crisps etc or additions to your meals such as pesto, mayo, curry paste or a mixture of both. Or it might be that non syn-free yoghurt you have a fancy for, or a bit of bread and butter, or some extra cheese in an omelette. Whatever you want basically and helps you stay on plan.

I would stick with it and I bet you'll see a cracking loss next week. Sometimes your body doesn't respond straight away. Make sure you eat your syns, it's counter productive to cut them out, and drink as much water as you can. And let us know how you go on.

Having done slimming world years ago before EE I did mostly red days with a few green. I didn't lose much at all. This time I started in January and have so far lost 1 stone 9 and a half pounds so far doing EE. Looking at what you eat I would say the things you like would be better suited to EE but it's up to you. Maybe give it a few days & see how you get on. Good luck :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back