Distracting yourself!!

Stargirl

This is the hardest time of day for me!!:mad:

I can be perfectly well all day long, having my shakes, soups, black coffee, water,

but when i get to the evening i really struggle..

any slip ups ive had previously have been at this time.

What do u do to distract yourself at your weak times.?

Same for me evenings and weekends are worse. I always ate more then when not dieting too.

I usually go for hot baths with a book,
Drink loads of water,
Visit friends get me out and away from food,
Snuggle up with my husband,
Get on her and chat,

I would advise going for a walk but that might not be advisable at night on your own.

Weekends are my worst time but try and stay strong and have plenty of early nights ;-) x

I ma exactly the same , but its the evenings when the kids went to bed my abundance of treats would come out so i know thatys why i struggle - its pushing through emotional and boredom hungar in my head - not my stomach.

Though this evening my husband distracted me by putting on hellboy 2! i didnt realise he was there eating choc - i was that engrossed in the film.

Thanks tommo for helping me finish 100% on my first day!

Nights and weekends are definitely the most difficult time for me, especially when I'm not eating and the family is. Mostly I distract myself by taking a shower when the family is eating, or spending a lot of extra time on the Internet.

I only started today but it seems I distract myself by getting inwardly really annoyed at anyone else who dare eat food when I am abstaining. Ha ha my poor bf :p

I only started today but it seems I distract myself by getting inwardly really annoyed at anyone else who dare eat food when I am abstaining. Ha ha my poor bf :p

he he i was like that first couple of days now it doesnt bother me and i still cook my families meals too.

When i saw your first week weight loss it really motivated me. :)

well i play xbox! it seems to distract me from even thinkin about food. not sure if you would be into it though lol :)

Some good ideas here. Thanks Everyone!

And Joe, maybe i should try and wrestle my sons xbox from him.lol

I think im gonna have my trainers at the ready this evening and if i start struggling, stick on the mp3 and out a walk.

Like everyone else I find weekends the hardest, the closer I get to my weigh day (friday) the more I get motivated..... but I tend to spend my time, cleaning, working, sleeping or on this site ...... it's good that no matter what type of mood your in, there is some here who is feeling the same as you and can give you hints tips or encouragment..... some times the OH just doesn't know how to respond to my moans and groans......ahhhh

I am knitting for my twin grandchildren which are due in the summer, so that helps. I spend loads of time on this forum and I also look through the latest Next Directory at all the lovely clothes that I will be able to wear when I have got to my goal!!! That, so far, is keeping me on the straight and narrow :D

Im reading also i keep thinking about my hols in june i go through it in my mind from buying new clothes to packing how ill feel when i get on the plane & no extra seatbelt & the tray comes all the way down.I keep looking in my wardrobe at all my lovely clothes that dont fit.It is getting me through.good luck.

Im reading also i keep thinking about my hols in june i go through it in my mind from buying new clothes to packing how ill feel when i get on the plane & no extra seatbelt & the tray comes all the way down.I keep looking in my wardrobe at all my lovely clothes that dont fit.It is getting me through.good luck.
Well if that is not inspirational to us all then nothing is!! I am feeling the feeling with you, the way you described that!!!

Good positive vibes there - glad to hear it.
We haven't got a holiday planned this year yet - credit crunch etc but I have sorted out my wardrobe and found some work skirts which I have never worn. In fact I have just worked out that the last time I wore a skirt was June 2006 at my son's christening and it was a size 12. Wouldnt get that on one leg at the moment but will some time soon !!
;);)

Just to add to all those ideas, looking at shops on the internet and deciding what clothes you're going to buy once you've lost weight. Should hopefully help to keep your mind on track for a little bit longer anyway!

Thats so funny Chelsea Lou, in my 2nd week I went through the Next cat as well and ringed all the lovely clothes I want when Im skinny! I now spent tme on here or ebay buying clothes in smaller sizes.

Thats so funny Chelsea Lou, in my 2nd week I went through the Next cat as well and ringed all the lovely clothes I want when Im skinny! I now spent tme on here or ebay buying clothes in smaller sizes.
I love the black and white flamingo mini dress but a bit too young for me, slim or not lol x

I have found being on here, (for hours - reading everyones stories!) has really helped distract me! xx

Back