Distraction needed for you early ss'ers

Jot

jo'stime
Hi all

Just reading about the difficulty in the very early days of ssing and i think once you have stuck to it for 5-7 days mentally you become stronger to cope with it. i think how you feel in the first 2-4 days is torture, how has it come to this, why cant i just control my portions!!

once i reached day 5-7 my mind set had changed to the thought that i could actually pull this off and lose the weight that is making me more miserable than day 2-4.

My best way to deal with this is distraction. For me getting on top of my paper work from my job has kept me out of the kitchen, cleaning my house, (well more than normal) has kept me busy and of course coming on minimins which is fab. For me at the minute i feel like i am in the zone, but that could change at any time and i am aware of this because of my own eating emotional habits kids, stress, work and all that.

SO KEEP BUSY REDECORATE YOUR HOUSE IF YOU HAVE TO, JUST NOT THE KITCHEN.

I couldn't agree more, Jo. Its really important to keep busy all the time, but especially at times when you would normally have a snack - like sitting in front of the TV or at coffee times. As you start to see the weight come off, it certainly gets easier, although there are days when, just like normal, you have a hungry day, and that is where the CD bouillon comes in handy. A cup of hot bouillon takes away the hunger pangs.

I can honestly say that I haven't cheated once in nearly 5 weeks of CD and I have no intention of doing so! I keep really busy and keep my focus on my goal and the difference it will make to my life - and that is so important. Once we can visualise what we will be doing and looking like, we are half way there!

Keep up the good work, Jo!
x

You may not have the energy in the first week to redecorate the house etc. but you can come on line here and interact with like minded people, you can go for a healthy walk, you can go and pamper yourself upstairs or sort out a drawer or something ..... basically the kitchen is nowhere to be unless you have to be there. Leave the TV area when the ads are on etc etc.... Be kind to yourself week (s) lots of encouragement and lots of hugs xx

Your absolutely right, if all we are going to do is sitting around thinking about food then we are already off to a bad start and putting our mind set in a vulnerable postition. Where your mind goes your body will follow.x

Im on day five, and finding it difficult! Im not hungry, and am doing well with that side of things but cant help thinking of food... I keep thinking 'what if'.. Will this go away??

Thanks for the above advice though, i will go home and clean!!!

Jot..... "cleaning my house, (well more than normal)" This bit made me smile...before CD I was 'allergic' to housework, especially washing-up:eek:....I can now say I am addicted....seriously I've shocked myself at how tidy it is, especially the washing-up (mind you there's not that much to do now...without food;)!)
And I have completly re-decorated my flat and cleared out draws and cupboards that have been full of rubbish for years....you are right....all these things are a great distraction....
I will be slimmer AND living in a palace:p!
XXXXXXX

Jot..... "cleaning my house, (well more than normal)" This bit made me smile...before CD I was 'allergic' to housework, especially washing-up:eek:....I can now say I am addicted....seriously I've shocked myself at how tidy it is, especially the washing-up (mind you there's not that much to do now...without food;)!)
And I have completly re-decorated my flat and cleared out draws and cupboards that have been full of rubbish for years....you are right....all these things are a great distraction....
I will be slimmer AND living in a palace:p!
XXXXXXX

Blimey you have done it all,well done on your weight loss you have lost loads have you ss all the way.?

I started out 100% SSing, then got into 'smart-arse' mode and started picking on 'non-carb' bits ('smart-arse' because I thought I could get away with it:rolleyes:) this picking increased then I had a pmt-fuelled binge on buiscuts....felt so sick and suffered getting back into ketosis:busted:
Held onto that feeling as a reminder to not do it again!!!!
I am actually at 'danger' time (pmt) at the moment (gosh it seems to come around so quickly!) however I have increased my water (less of the sore boobs and water retention!), increased my exercise and my mood seems to be better this time:) I've got my buzz back!
XXXXXXX

oh well done mrs, i must admit i am struggling tonight but have not strayed, but could murder a glass of zinfandel, ooh bloody hell.

Oh Jo don't lol i could murder a glass i'm not hungry either but do think of food an awful lot!!!! I hope it'll go away

Oh Jo don't lol i could murder a glass i'm not hungry either but do think of food an awful lot!!!! I hope it'll go away

No i haven't just put some cd flavouring in my water and had a good glug, blimey 2 weeks without booze my kidneys must have shrunk, that's it,:eek: there is my weight loss!!!

Hi everyone. i'm new to this and forum stuff too.
i must admit this is a great site to come onto and get all those nasty food thoughts away, i've never dreamt of food and i've never fried food for years, but last night 8th day on C/D i dreamt of frying steak and chips... oh my god.
i did however have an extra meal bar this week, hope this doesn't wreck my efforts.
thanks to u all your truly inspirational
x

Back