Distraction techniques....??

loulouless

Is a loser :)
When the going gets tough what does everyone do??, I tend to go for a nap espeically around evening meal time when the family are sat around eating, I usually join them with my shake but sometimes I need to get away.

I will also put he kettle on and make a hot drink but sometimes i just want a lick!!!! of anything (my hubby is eating veggie curry whilst i'm typing this) and I want to lick his popadom.

Anyone got any good distractions? keep it clean!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
:eek::eek: All this talk of licking, ooer missus!!

Naps are good, baths, putting on a favourite film to get absorbed with, definately not sex though ;):D

hehe licking popadoms!! personally i think ill be coming here and also my xbox 360 and my LT buddy! that should keep me going.. ill also have work 5 days a week which will last 9 to 7-8-9 so i hope it'll being a busy new year...

you lot have filthy minds! personally I cant wait to get back to work I'm great at work its just at home when i'm hanging around the kitchen looking all sad and malnourished, I swear if I turned sidewards I'd dissapear.......

lol... go on.. lick his popadom!!

work could be good and could be bad... lots of people going for lunch, inviting.. it'll be tough initially saying no... but they'll get the picture.. and maybe hate you! :p

They know all about it in my office, some not too keen others are a great support. On Xmas eve we had planned to have a full english in the restaurant as we were finishing lunch time and they did and I went and I enjoyed my strawberry shake.....lol! oh joy.

He's finished his curry and said 'you doing the washing up'....yeah right buster! He'd better get good at ducking!

if anyone wants a distraction u can write my essays for me - free of charge :p i have a total of 12,000 words to write before end of january!!!

licking popadoms....well i honestly didnt know where that was going but glad it stopped at popadom....lol otherwise ya'd be at his lollipop next...sory couldnt resist....lol.

Well for me I just come on here or else keep busy, ive cleaned the house today as i was hungry

I usually just go online, or I play on my PS3 or I draw, depends on my mood.

But sometimes, I stay in the same room where my family are eating and just force myself to watch, that way I can increase my will power and teach myself to say NO!!!!

yasmine thats great that you can do that!... i suppose what many of us are doing at the moment is hiding from every bit of food incase we jump on it.. i must admit I have had an unnatural obsession with food at times .. especially when Im down so I really need to prove to myself after LT that I dont need food to cheer me up :)

yasmine thats great that you can do that!... i suppose what many of us are doing at the moment is hiding from every bit of food incase we jump on it.. i must admit I have had an unnatural obsession with food at times .. especially when Im down so I really need to prove to myself after LT that I dont need food to cheer me up :)

when u finish LT/ soon you will never need to be cheered up :)

you know what... to be completely honest.. for the past couple of weeks... I havent been down or upset or anything at all... I have had a massive smile on my face. That has a lot to do with the fact that I am losing weight and have met some really thinspirational people on here :)

Ok distraction techniques - Paint nails - Facial type stuff (I will be skinny and have yummy skin!) - Drink water - Read - Play on ds - Come on minimins - Look at thin clothes online - Clean the house I think the best distraction technique is to get up and do anything - anything except EAT

Ro-Laren: i study social work so i have quite a big variety of essays in! i have a child protection law one, disability, sexuality and mental health :)

oh joy essay writing...and 12,000 words.:eek: I hated all that....so glad its long gone..hehe

Oh Loulouless you made me laugh so loud about licking the poppadom....seriously that made me crack up! I have such a dirty mind..lol

I guess we will all have exceptionally clean houses by the end of the diet!

Back