Ditched the scales properly

Has it changed your losses or how you feel in general?

Thanks for all your replies and good luck to all of us going or continuing to go "scale free"! Xx

My weight seems to have stayed the same - I pop next door once a week now.

How do I feel? Much happier and really relieved that they arent there tempting me!! x

Fab! I feel ridiculously happy lol - almost ecstatic to have rid!! Stuck to it 100% today as haven't got that ability to keep checking up on my weight so no choice but to throw myself into it wholeheartedly, yay! Xx

I think with me its not just weight its going to the gym too - def makes a difference to the wobbly bits.

I have lived my life on diets and jumping on scales since I was 15. Think it all started cos my mum was always dieting and a freinds mother told me I had a big bottom (and I was not big at all then!)

I so envy people who eat chocolate etc and dont think calories or syns!! x

I have increased my exercise too - in fact it's probably the only reason my weight has stayed the same lately. I've also had a weight problem since teens - everyone else was slender and I was "chunky"....grrrr. Remember someone saying to my mum once "isn't she getting a size"

It's all gonna change now! Xx

I remember my mum saying my legs were sturdy lol. I take it from your name that you are just doing green days - I am too and love the food we can have! x

Fantastic that you are brave enough to do it.

I can identify with everything you have written and I am too an obsessive weigher.

I am known to have 3 sets of scales and will weigh in on all of them. I am now down to one set but I do weigh myself morning and night.

I knew I was obsessed when I started weighing myself in on luggage scales at the airport LOL :D

Yeah me too - I made a lentil shepherds pie tonight with a mountain of peas with mint sauce on - was nommy!!

THIS time on SW I started at 10st 10lbs and I am now 9st 6lbs which is good for my height (only 5'2.5"). Plus I am 47 so dont want to get the saggy baggy face look lol.

My biggest weight has been 11st 10lbs which was a couple of years ago.

x

lol - I can just imagine you climbing onto the scales Toola - made me laugh! x

Would like to point out that it was not the scales actually next to a check in desk, but if you head towards outsize baggage,Oh how ironic lol ;) you can normally find a set of scales near there that are stand alone!

Though the check in staff weren't too happy with me climbing on them lol

I too am totally addicted to the scales (except for between diets in the past when I could walk past them with no problem at all LOL!). I am currently really fed up as appeared to have gained three pounds without knowing why... It could be completely different by my actual WI day on Friday. I have to have the scales as weigh in at home but really wish I could Weigh in once a week (or even twice) instead of three times a day... Well done!

Thanks for all the replies, it's great to know that "scales addiction" is common and also great to know that it can be overcome lol!

I have to say, if I hadn't given my scales away yesterday, I KNOW I would have got on them about 3 times already bur rather than missing them, I feel FREEEEE! It's like they were weighing me down if you see what I mean.

Not sure what to suggest to anyone weighing at home who wants to give them up, that's a difficult one. Xxx

Also my husband is an obsessive weigher (he's joined me on SW and doing really well). He's worse than me! So even if I wanted to, I can't get rid of the scales! I am going to put them away so that I don't see them every time I go to the bathroom! It's a start!

I'm living proof lol, I ate a massive cheese,mushroom omelette ,sw chips and a full can of baked beans for tea last night, I usually have a lighter tea night before weigh in. But wanted that. I felt like a right bloater all night.
Went to weigh in today and I'd lost 3 LB ;)
It's all in the mind lol

How are you coping? I hope you're happier xx

Back