Diversion Tactics

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by alibalibee, 11 April 2009 Social URL.

1. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Anyone use diversion tactics for when they think they're going to eat when they're not really hungry? And if you do, do they work for you?
    Before I started Xenical I was a binge eater ( which is part of the reason why I got Xenical prescribed lol).
    I still get the urge to binge though, don't think that ever goes away. So when I get that urge, or I feel hungry and its not a meal time, then I'll do something to try and take my mind off of eating. I'll read, or listening to music. I'll go to the arcade here, ( love mahjong lol). If the weather is ok, I'll go out walking, or if its the evening I'll go for a lovely long soak in the bath ( light my candles, turn the lights off, and then get blinded when my 11 year old son comes barging in for a pee :rolleyes::rolleyes:)
    Anyone do or have tried anything else?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. summer3006

summer3006 Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.66%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    hey ali :D

technically, i shouldnt have time for diversions, should be studying. but minimins forum is very very diverting. the inspiration slide show is wow.

id recommend getting a wii, its so so fun, and you don't even realise how much time goes by or that you're hungry.

xx

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey Summer :D
    We have a wii too....fab invention lol :D
    xx

5. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

I sometimes get hungrey from after lunch to when it gets to dinner time, so I just have a later lunch and my dinner a bit earlier or one or the other, and that has helped, I also allow myself to have a snack in the evening sometimes, in the past ive found im not that hungrey when ive been at college, it was only after college that I got hungrey but me and my family had dinner at a later time.

6. billygroat

billygroat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Some great ideas.... i just eat fruit.. sure i am going to end up growing on a tree.. and skint!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.