Divorce :-(

yoga84

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm just looking to vent and for a little advice from anyone who may have gone through a similar thing.

I'm currently in the middle of divorcing my second husband - our marriage only lasted 9 months and was a disaster.

We are currently battling over money snd I'm just do worried and upset about it all I'm finding it difficult to think straight!

I just feel liked life is in limbo until this is all sorted and it looks like going to end up paying him loads of money (we have debt) so it will be years before I'm straight again!

Sorry but I just feel like curling up and crying!

Alex
Xx

Hey Alex

Have got the divorce t-shirt myself.

It isn't easy, my friend, and it isn't nice. It IS temporary though and life will get better.

Are you using a lawyer or doing it between yourselves? Please ignore this question if it's too personal.

Much love
P xx

PS - are you UP or DOWN today? xxx

Paulinegin said:
Hey Alex

Have got the divorce t-shirt myself.

It isn't easy, my friend, and it isn't nice. It IS temporary though and life will get better.

Are you using a lawyer or doing it between yourselves? Please ignore this question if it's too personal.

Much love
P xx

PS - are you UP or DOWN today? xxx

Not too personal at all :)

We are trying to do it ourselves, I really can't afford a solicitor, but he just won't budge and I think we may end up in court :-( Just the thought of it makes me feel ill as I'll have to represent myself and he'll have a solicitor I'm sure:-(

He alway still manages to wind me up with his patronising attitude and I start to doubt myself and think that he must be right as he sounds so certain!

I feel exhausted by it all and I'm back at work next week and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope! 5 weeks off and I feel worse than ever :-(

DD today too :-(

Thanks for the support - much appreciated :)

yoga84 said:
Not too personal at all :)

We are trying to do it ourselves, I really can't afford a solicitor, but he just won't budge and I think we may end up in court :-( Just the thought of it makes me feel ill as I'll have to represent myself and he'll have a solicitor I'm sure:-(

He alway still manages to wind me up with his patronising attitude and I start to doubt myself and think that he must be right as he sounds so certain!

I feel exhausted by it all and I'm back at work next week and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope! 5 weeks off and I feel worse than ever :-(

Thanks for the support - much appreciated :)

I don't no if this will help but as a child in the middle of a very messy divorce years ago my mum claimed help from pro bono solicitor( every town and city has one)
She also represented herself as it helps in litagating circumstances
She walked away still paying but with her head held high and 10 years on is happier than ever something I never thought she would be as she is bi polar!
There is light and if you need any advise just ask( i went on to study family law)!!
Chin up and remember he will be that sad lonley man while your that hot single lady with dates coming out your ears!!!
We came first!! Remember that!!! Xxxx

Laurab21 said:
I don't no if this will help but as a child in the middle of a very messy divorce years ago my mum claimed help from pro bono solicitor( every town and city has one)
She walked away still paying but with her head held high and 10 years on is happier than ever something I never thought she would be as she is bi polar!
There is light and if you need any advise just ask( i went on to study family law)!!
Chin up and remember he will be that sad lonley man while your that hot single lady with dates coming out your ears!!!

That really helps thank you - how do I find a pro bono solicitor? Is it means tested as on paper I look like I earn loads but my living costs are massive due to debts!

I just wish he would see sense and realise I'm offering him the best I can but he just seems hell bent on hurting me and he's succeeding :-(

I know once it's settled I'll cope with whatever happens but the uncertainty and emotional stress is killing me right now :-(

Thanks again xx

Don't EVER let him make you doubt yourself, missus! Head up, boobs out, stomach in! You are great. Repeat after me, you are GREAT! :D

Now that we can help with ..... this must mean that tomorrow is UP!! Yay, it's Toffifee heaven :D

Yippee for Minimins. Brilliant, Laura! :D :D :D

P x

Laurab21 said:

Hi Laura

I hope you don't mind but I've PM'd you :)

Alex
Xx

Hi my love,

Been there - it's all horrible and you feel like it's never ending.

Try to get some advice on that debt, my ex and I had loads but there is such alot of free advice out there.

Big hugs, keep smiling.:)

xHx

hellym1971 said:
Hi my love,

Been there - it's all horrible and you feel like it's never ending.

Try to get some advice on that debt, my ex and I had loads but there is such alot of free advice out there.

Big hugs, keep smiling.:)

xHx

Hi

Thanks for the support

All the debt is in his name not mine but I don't know if that makes a difference?

Back