Dizziness

Nellyphant

Silver Member
Some of you may remember me from posting on here before. In 2009 I tried CD twice and LL once, both times had to stop from severe blood sugar dizzy spells.

Has anyone else ever suffered from this and managed to get through it?

I sooooo want to do a VLCD to shift the weight quickly but the dizziness is quite an issue.

I had a few dizzy spells mainly from standing up too quickly. I was scared at first nd went to the doc but he said I was fine and just to be a little extra careful about not shooting off the chair too quickly and if I stood still once I was up, to go up and down on my tiptoes a few times to get the blood pumping.
I had thought it was a blood sugar thing but apparently it was positional something or the other.
I hope you find a way to get through it cos it's so wonderful when the weight drops off. I did find that after about 10 weeks I didn't have the problem any more.

AlexIce - my GP never suggested anything like that at all! It might be worth giving it another go but I'm not even sure my DH would let me.

If i get up too quickly i nearly fall over! especially getting out of bed first thing!!
I have heard of people getting dizzy spells, how often did it happen?

One thing to watch is that you're adequately hydrated. I've suffered with the odd whoo-errrr!! moment on CD but usually find it's fixable by drinking some water - it seems to be a fluid balance thing to some extent.

The other thing you could try is to have half a shake at a time so that there's never too long an interval between 'meals'.

I got dizzy and ill (and SOoooo cold!) on SS so moved up to SS+. It made a HUGE difference. Now I do get woozy occasionally but it passes very quickly. I split my shakes so have 6 a day. That probably helps.

I went through a dizzy spell some time ago now - my CDC suggested I try ss+ for a few weeks, which I did do then I went back to ss 100% - it didn't bother me again.

I hope you find a solution soon hun :) Dizzyness really is horrid.

Hugs x x x

The dizziness was frequent and I was WELL hydrated. I got up to 6 litres a day and then reduced it to 4 in case it was too much water but it didn't make any difference.

I really appreciate your help though.

i seem to get dizzy every time i walk for a while anywhere, not really sure why, hoping its just from first week :)

I suffered with terrible dizziness when I had fluid behind my ear after a cold, and it came an went for months. Has your doctor definately put it down to the TFR or could it be something else? I have to use a steroid spray up my nose every so often as it comes and goes if I get a little bug. Its a horrible thing to cope with, I feel for you. Maybe an option to ask the doc to check your ears, as too much fluid there can make you dizzy. Not sure if this could be related to drinking too much water on a TFR? Just a thought.....I hope you get it sorted x

Hi nellyphant,

I remember you, hope you are keeping well. I have found that managing to start a VLCD at the optimum time has been the 'make or break' difference for me. I have started CD just before TOTM or when I have been developing a cold and I have ended up coming off the diet as I got dizzy and/ or unbearably hungry. We are all so individual so I don't know if this could also apply to you but it might be worth considering, all the best x

Back