Dizzy

neeni

I have been getting quite light headed and dizzy over the past few days. I have been drinking loads of water but it wont go away. Im afraid im going to pass out. How can I stop it and has anyone else had these symptoms????:(:(

Hi hun. Sorry to hear you are suffering a bit. I had a small amount of dizzyness yesterday which was only my second day and I just put it down to blood sugars adjusting etc, etc. I would contact your LT advisor if I were you as they are equipped to give the best advice in this situation. Just as an aside, have you been having all three shakes a day and not spacing them out too far apart? I did this once I really got in to LT the first time and got bad leg cramps and some dizzyness and my advisor went over my diary with me. I had skipped the odd shake as not felt hungry and busy but obviously I shouldn't have! Silly me! lol....hope you get to the bottom of it

Marie x

Best to speak with your pharmacist about it. Dizzness can occur particularly if you are very busy or over exercising in the early weeks. Your body now has very few calories to maintain itself so it takes a while for your system to adjust. Anyhow get advice from your pharmacist, particularly if the dizziness does not settle.

I felt similar Neeni - Are we supposed to take it really easy for the first few weeks? Its quite scary when the weakness/dizziness takes over... My body didn't like it one bit!

Hi Neeni,

I had a horrible experience this morning on the tube to work. I had to get off as I felt like I was going to pass out. I got outside and sat down and I must have blacked out for a few seconds and now i feell horrendous! I'm over 4 weeks in to the diet and I've felt fine the whole time so no idea what happened. I really don't want to stop the diet because it's working so well, but I definitely don't want a repeat of this morning! :(

xx

How are you ladies doing now? Feeling good I hope?

Hi, ive been suffering too, particularly when i stand up from a sitting position, was quite scary the first few times as i had my 4month old in my arms and having to grab the wall as my vision went black and my legs went wobbly. had my wisdom tooth out a couple of weeks ago though and they took some blood tests before hand and it turned out i had very low iron stores (have always been borderline with my iron levels so seems LT has maybe made it lower??) anyway low iron can obviously make you weak and dizzy etc so im guessing thats the cause for me! x

Becca that's my problem, I'm seriously anaemic since my op and have been taking iron tablets for nearly 10 weeks, I'm starting to feel better but still wobble and spin if I stand up too quickly particularly when getting out of bed in the morning.

I take something called Ferrograd, it's got vitamin c in it too and I just take one before going to bed, I'm starting to feel the best that I have in years. You can ask your doctor for it or just buy it over the counter. Be careful, fainting is not funny, I collapsed the day after I came out of hospital and fell flat on my face. I 'lost' about 2 hours where I just didn't know where I was, disastrous when you're on your own:eek: or, worse, if you've got a child to care for....

i get dizzyness when i get out of bed or stand up to fast...
i think if you just give yourself a min then youd be ok.. it generally works for me .....

this is my second bout of lipotrim.. i restarted to finish where i left of last time ... i stopped sept till xmas but now im back its the same as first time round..

dizzyness is part of it for me i think ....

just take it slow and give yourself a minute if you feel the dizzyness coming on....

nix

Becca that's my problem, I'm seriously anaemic since my op and have been taking iron tablets for nearly 10 weeks, I'm starting to feel better but still wobble and spin if I stand up too quickly particularly when getting out of bed in the morning.

I take something called Ferrograd, it's got vitamin c in it too and I just take one before going to bed, I'm starting to feel the best that I have in years. You can ask your doctor for it or just buy it over the counter. Be careful, fainting is not funny, I collapsed the day after I came out of hospital and fell flat on my face. I 'lost' about 2 hours where I just didn't know where I was, disastrous when you're on your own:eek: or, worse, if you've got a child to care for....

Thanks so much Sandra, my mum takes ferrograd and since having my 2nd baby been feeling really tired (anaemic during pregnancy) so had been taking my mums ferrograd tabs, i was actually taking these when i had my blood tests and my tests still came back that my stores are very low:eek: so ive been prescribed 210mg twice daily for next 2months and hoping this will bulk my stores back up! :)
horrible horrible feeling not in control of your own body and youve had to go through it for 10weeks :eek: bless you!! very glad your starting to feel better. hoping once these tabs start getting in my system properly it'll be the end of the dizzyness for me!!:)

Fingers crossed for you Becca x

Back