Do any of u confess to having a break?!

ticktock

Lovely ladies please listen to my pathetic excuses for quitting...

I work mon-wed days and then a 24hr shifts on sundays, hubby works mon-sat long hrs so we never wake up together, seem to be at work all the time, had a tough year with family stuff and doing house so feels like not had any time together as a family in a while until tomorrow....hubby finishes work at 1pm then we are both off until Tuesday morning!!..cant tell u how rare this is!! Kids (alomst 5 & 6) excited cos we got plans for bowling, cinema, park etc make the most of it!, normally would have pizza hut, pub lunch, takeout, cinema snacks etc and I still really want to! only lost 2lb in last 12 days even tho 100% finding every day tough tbh, really want the weekend off but terrified of putting the 10lb back on and having to start again..

So by your own experiance, if I had the whole weekend off and went staight back to it from Tuesday what kind of damage is likely? (not saying crystal ball and tell me what will happen lol, just what happened to you, or what you think might happen!)

Feel so torn been argueing with myself about quitting today lol...hubby and kids went to maccys on their own on the end and i sat home alone :eek:( xx

Wouldn't take a break so soon after starting to be honest. If you go completely off plan at the weekend you will gain much of your 'out of ketosis' weight and that'll be much of your first week's loss probably. You'll lose it again when you get back on track but many people don't get back on track after taking a break, and you'll have put yourself behind for a few days, ie 2 days off plan plus 2 days back on plan to get back to where you were, or 3 days off plan and 3 days to back back to where you were and so on. Can't you go out with them and have an on plan salad or protein meal? It's what I'd do personally.

Hi, I completely understand, if that is where your head is at then you are going to break the diet regardless, just to say though when on this diet last year I still went on picnics, had ketosis friendly , low cal picnic, i.e chicken salad, boiled eggs, mini babybel, I went to the Cinema with my coke Zero and a bar etc. You can have healthy choices at Pizza Hut (salad bar avoid the dressings) even in a burger place i.e mac D you can have salad without dresing and then have a plain hamburger without the bun, I am not suggesting that any of theses things are on the plan but they won't kick you out of ketosis and you shouldn't do much damage at all.
Just a warning I lost 28lbs last year for my sisters wedding, the weekend of the wedding I took off swiftly followed by the rest of the week, I gained an incredible 11bs :eek: :mad:
I never got back on the wagon thats why I am back on it today.
That said I understand how important these few days are for you and its your decision but maybe instead of going totally wild try to think of alternatives like I suggested that means you can still enjoy but not spoil your last 2 weeks. Enjoy your weekend whatever you decide ;)

Hi, we went away for the weekend for my hubby's 40th and I stuck to plan. U can still have a nice time doing all the things u have planned without eating. There is always going to be something social involving food drink, remember why u started this and that it's not forever, maybe u can reward u and ur family at the end of the diet. This is an extreme diet and a very antisocial one! BuT if u stop and start u might just find u start thinking I may as well just try ww or sw. Good luck

Well so far so good...been bowling and stuck to water :) no point cheating now, having roast pepper stuffed with a chilli pack and salad for tea, tomorrow and monday harder as neither of us at work at all, if I do come off I wont go absolutely crazy would be pizza hut/pub lunch/breakfast out and bit of snacking really, sounds a lot tho! if i come off i will be back to 100% on Tuesday thats a definate, i know i can do it and i will, might have a blip this weekend but wont let it deter me, whole reason for doing it is for my holiday 1st wk June so know i am coming off for a wk in 4 wks time anyway, however well i have done i wont want to do this on holiday! and this weekend feels like a mini holiday to us lol. I'm not going to be one who starts and only stops when done, wish i could be but life gets in the way lol, am amazed that done it for 17 days so far!! Thanks for your advice, prob kept me on track today really, if i manage to stay on it this weekend and get step closer to goal rather than step back i will be soooo proud of myself but if i dont i wont be upset with myself cos 1 step back is easy to recover i know i wont be stepping all the way back to the starting line :) i love minimins! xx

Well so far so good...been bowling and stuck to water :) no point cheating now, having roast pepper stuffed with a chilli pack and salad for tea, tomorrow and monday harder as neither of us at work at all, if I do come off I wont go absolutely crazy would be pizza hut/pub lunch/breakfast out and bit of snacking really, sounds a lot tho! if i come off i will be back to 100% on Tuesday thats a definate, i know i can do it and i will, might have a blip this weekend but wont let it deter me, whole reason for doing it is for my holiday 1st wk June so know i am coming off for a wk in 4 wks time anyway, however well i have done i wont want to do this on holiday! and this weekend feels like a mini holiday to us lol. I'm not going to be one who starts and only stops when done, wish i could be but life gets in the way lol, am amazed that done it for 17 days so far!! Thanks for your advice, prob kept me on track today really, if i manage to stay on it this weekend and get step closer to goal rather than step back i will be soooo proud of myself but if i dont i wont be upset with myself cos 1 step back is easy to recover i know i wont be stepping all the way back to the starting line :) i love minimins! xx

Good for you hun!!!! You can do it!!! Think of how amazing you will feel when you stay 100%

: ) X

ticktock said:
Lovely ladies please listen to my pathetic excuses for quitting...

I work mon-wed days and then a 24hr shifts on sundays, hubby works mon-sat long hrs so we never wake up together, seem to be at work all the time, had a tough year with family stuff and doing house so feels like not had any time together as a family in a while until tomorrow....hubby finishes work at 1pm then we are both off until Tuesday morning!!..cant tell u how rare this is!! Kids (alomst 5 & 6) excited cos we got plans for bowling, cinema, park etc make the most of it!, normally would have pizza hut, pub lunch, takeout, cinema snacks etc and I still really want to! only lost 2lb in last 12 days even tho 100% finding every day tough tbh, really want the weekend off but terrified of putting the 10lb back on and having to start again..

So by your own experiance, if I had the whole weekend off and went staight back to it from Tuesday what kind of damage is likely? (not saying crystal ball and tell me what will happen lol, just what happened to you, or what you think might happen!)

Feel so torn been argueing with myself about quitting today lol...hubby and kids went to maccys on their own on the end and i sat home alone :eek:( xx

I know its hard but id def try and not come off plan just yet. U can still have a lovely time but just choose coke zero and a salad! For me, I feel awful until about day 12-14, altho I go into ketosis around day 5 I dont get the burst of energy and feelin fab until ive completed 2 weeks, so try n make sensible choices n youll feel much better :)

Back