Do bars fill you up as much as the packs?

susianna

Hi

Going for my 1st week weigh in tonight....can't beleive I am here already! :D

I will be allowed to bring bars home tonight :eek: and I am a bit of a creature of habit and routine so I am thinking that I'm doing OK on my 4 packs a day...they fill me up and I'm not feeling hungry so am a bit scared of getting any.

As I work from home, I don't need them for convenience and I thought maybe it would be an evening treat but I just love my chocci shake about 8pm and really look forward to it....hmmm dilema :confused:!

So....
1. Do they fill you up as much as the packs?
2. When do you usually have them in the day?
3. Is the general opinion that Toffee should be avoided!!!?

Many thanks :eek: x

I find they don't fill me up as much as the other packs. I used to have mine before bed but since dunking a peanut bar into hot coffee I now have one every morning during the week at my desk. Highlight of my day at the mo.

Toffee is ok but a distant 4th behind peanut, cranberry and Lemon IMO.

No, don't avoid toffee! They are ace!! However ONLY as hot biscuits!! Just cut them up into about 5/6 pieces, pop on a plate and microwave for about 45 seconds. Yummy... they should be chewy, a tiny bit crunchy and gorgeous - just try not to over cook them as they burn from the inside out... (although a bit of 'burn' tastes gorgeous, it's hard to find that mid ground!)

My advice on the bars is to only have them if you 'need' something to chew. From what I have gathered, I think you can lose more in weeks where you just have shakes. You will still most definitely lose when you 'are' having bars, but perhaps not quite as much (it is only marginal). So - if you don't really need to change your routine just yet, then you may as well stay as you are until your need for chew and crunch becomes more crucial!!!

Good luck honey xxx

Sorry if this sounds odd, but I think you should just try it! get all the flavours, try it out at various times of the day.

I had bars all the time and still managed to lose 8 and a half stone!!

I love the bars! Peanut and cranberry are the best IMO.

They fill me up if I have a nice big mug of tea or coffee with them, but I can alos get by with just a bar...

The 'extra' weight you will lose by not having the bars is only marginal, from what I saw in my group... but try it and see :)

to answer some questions for you

1. yes they fill you up
2. I have it fourth just a treat for me at the end of the day
3. Toffee is fab dont avoid it.

Anna- i dont think its true, is it about loosing less weight?, my LLC said it dont matter?? Im starting to wonder now.

As I said, it is only marginal... not enough to make any obvious difference... there are just a few more carbs in the bars (not masses or LL wouldn't suggest them)... they are good to have before exercising for that reason... although I have had them all the way through - just found I have lost half a pound or a pound more when I've not had any... useful when I've lapsed...

A x

I only have the Cranberry one now and it takes me ages to eat.

The one I had yesterday took me 3 hours!!! Mostly because I kept leaving it places and forgetting to eat it . . . Ooh, moi, forgetting to eat! How intriguing . . .

B x

I love the cranberry bar best but alternate days with the peanut bar (reminds me of sesame seed snaps for some reason). I too have mine at 9 pm. I like the fact that I am actually eating something.

I had thought I would have it as a breakfast each day when I got to work but I had my first bar as planned in the morning of Week 2 and I was absolutely famished for the rest of the day (no matter how much water and coffee I drank) and from then on I have it in the evening and have not suffered since. My LLC said it might be because there are a few more carbs in the bar and that might have made me more hungry.

On the losing front, I have had a bar every day since starting and I've had losses of 5 lbs some weeks so I don't know if it has made a difference.

Your LLC may have all the different bars cut up into little pieces for you tonight when you go along to try out. That's what mine did and it did help decide.

ps Someone just came into my office and said I look fantastic and my cheekbones are beginning to protrude! She will be staying on my Christmas card list!

I find the bars don't fill me up at all and the times I have lapsed I feel it's the bars that have triggered it. Everyones so different though you never know how you'll be with them unless you try :) xXx

I did find them quite filling - but I only ate the Peanut and Cranberry ones - with grains. The soft textured ones were not my cup of tea.

I am naturally a slow eater - believe it or not - and what I did was cut the bar into about 10 peices, and just nibble them slowly - by the time I was done I felt well full.

And, My FAVOURITE way to have the Peanut bar was to toast it in the toaster untill it got a little browned - then I put a wee bit of salt on it - and broke it into all sorts of nobbly little bits. it then tasted like honey roasted nuts. :D

yeah eating them slow is the key, i ted to nibble them away too. Thats the same for any food the slower you eat the more filling it is.

Anna- Thanks, I will give that a try too, i always had a sneaky suspicion about it.

1. Do they fill you up as much as the packs?
I find the bars more filling than the shakes!
With the shakes I usually drink about a pint of water straight after having one, with the bars I tend to feel more full and so sip water little and often after eating one.

2. When do you usually have them in the day?

Monday to Friday, usually between 12.30 and 3, a "lunch" if you want to think of it that way (though sometimes save them for the bus home at 5pm)

3. Is the general opinion that Toffee should be avoided!!!?
Toffee was the first one I had, and is still my favourite, with cranberry a close second, fruit third. But then, I like them all, even the lemon one which a lot of people really hate!

I tend to get each week

2x toffee
2x cranberry
1x fruit
1x lemon
1x peanut

Monday: Toffee
Tuesday: Fruit
Wednesday: Cranberry
Thursday: Toffee
Friday: Peanut
Sat: Lemon or Cranberry whichever one I fancy
Sun: Whichever one is left!

Thanks all, some really great advice as always! :)

I just decided to get 2 this week so I got one peanut and one cranberry and will see how I get on .... might have them in the eve so no chance of feeling hungry during the day....just in case!!!

I used to freeze mine and smash it into bits, my favourite ones were toffee, cranberry and the peanut one x

Oh yeah, thats good too....

I would make a thick paste of a choccie shake, spread it over the peanut bar and bang it in the freezer for a couple of hours......comes out like a snickers bar - with a little imagination of course! :D

Thanks all, some really great advice as always! :)

I just decided to get 2 this week so I got one peanut and one cranberry and will see how I get on .... might have them in the eve so no chance of feeling hungry during the day....just in case!!!

Thats what I did - they were my nightitme snack usually. Or a quick easy grab for lunch. But usually had them last. :)

Back