Do Green Days Really Work

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by louise1985, 28 July 2010 Social URL.

1. louise1985

louise1985 Member

I am sure this has already been asked before, but...
    Do Green Days really work as well?

I am a vegetarian so can only really do green days, however I don't seem to be losing as much as my friends who are able to get a bit more variety mixing red, green and EE etc - any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It will probably be different from person to person, I know some people struggle with too many carbs but you can do green without over loading on pasta and rice so there's no reason why it won't work. As you can only do green you will need to work hard on variety in your diet, the variety will really help with your losses. Perhaps try a week or different things daily to see if it helps.

I can have really good losses on green weeks and some not so good, my best ever loss was on a completely green week so it's do-able. Good luck.:)

4. louise1985

louise1985 Member

thanks for the feedback, it's given me a bit more motivation to keep going!

5. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do 95% green days. I do try however to vary the carb portion of my meal throughout the week.

Stick with it it does work, dont compare yourself to others though, it doesnt matter how long it takes to get the weight off, just that you get there in the end

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Of course it works:p my sister is a vegetarian & she has got within 2lb of her target weight.

I do mostly green days as I'm not a big meat eater, I also vary my carb intake.

Good luck;)

7. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I mostly do green days and have lost 16.5lbs in 7 weeks. However, it's not impossible to do vegetarian red days, I'm vegan and can manage it quite easily. I tend to have things like baked tofu with veg, stir fry, chilli without any rice, curries. I'm making a curried cauliflower frittata using tofu instead of eggs this week which I'll have with veg or salad. As a vegetarian you could make quiche, omelettes, veggie fry ups etc. Don't forget you can have small amounts of carbs as healthy extra's on red days!

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I lost pretty much all my weight doing green as I'm vegetarian. My advise would be to base your meals around veg rather than carbs, and as said don't just rely on pasta. Make the most of all the free foods you can have on a green day. Variety in all things is key!

9. F4ye

F4ye Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    SW Green
    This is music to my ears - I have been having a real struggle loosing weight on green and have just posted to find out about EE days as a vegetarian - I am delighted that I can also do Red days too - I am going to get my book out now and do some planning... - why didn't my consultant suggest any of this to me before?????

thank you all for this invaluable thread,

F4ye x :thankyou:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.