Do have to stick to the suggested menus on the gi diet?

I guess you would still need to chose appropriate GI levels.

I thought you were doing RC?:confused:

Oh I see. I forgot RC did a low GI diet too. Sorry. Will have to let someone else answer that one :D

I've done it and just bought my own kind of foods and I just stuck to the 5% fat rule. I know what you mean about being expensive but if you think that you won't be buying any rubbish foods or snacks, then I would say that its actually cheaper to eat proper meat and veg etc. You can go for cheaper cuts of meat that need a longer cooking time and braise or casserole them, a slow cooker is ideal for this. Go for the cheaper fish too as some oh Rosemarys suggestions are expensive.

Please try to stick to the calorie allowance per meal as closley as you possibly can. Don't forget your power snacks.

The GI part of the diet is to get you to eat foods that keep you fuller for longer and is usually just a change in the type of food you eat i.e. Basmati rice is lower gi than other rice, wholegrain bread is lower than white or brown. Basically the more of a natural state and less processed your food is the better so it doesn't have to be dearer.

Back