Do I get enough exercise???????

queenvic

Hmmm just wondering realy cuz i'm not losing that much a week, about 1 - 2 lbs a week... its going to take me years lol, the only exercise I do is walk my Daughter to school and thats about 40 mins altogether a day, pathetic eh? :( and I'm nakerd all day I feel so unfit, running is NOT my thing atal but it seems that it helps speed weight loss, there is no way I'm running with all my wobbly bits!! I'm just soooo tired aswell as my 7month old is still waking 8 times in the night, I just dont think I want to do anymore :( I do love this diet but its very sloww esp as I'm such an impatient person :mad:

1-2 pounds a week is a healthy, sustainable weight loss. My consultant always says this is the perfect weight loss!

You probably do more exercise than a lot of people!! I bought a pedometer to see how much walking I do, I walked the dog for an hour yesterday and potter around at work and home and still only did 6000 steps, apparently you should aim for 10,000 steps!!

As long as you are moving, getting slightly out of breath, it's got to be better than nothing. Maybe try one of the fitness dvd's although I guess that will be hard with a little one! I have several and a wii fit and neither get used much!

Honestly though, it's a good weight loss and it doesn't look like you have much to lose so it will be steadier. Stick with it chick!!

You certainly do more excercise than me Huni!
I agree with Jaylou 1-2lbs is what you should be aiming for anyway.
Personally I would concentrate on getting the 7 month old into a sleeping routine first, otherwise you really wont feel like doing anything more.
How old is your older daughter? Put some music on and dance with her like a lunatic around the lounge...I do with my 3 year old and we both end up in giggles!
Dont panic, just stick at what you are doing and you will get there.

Take care
Kerry-Ann
x

exactly as MrsV has said, 1-2lbs a week weight loss is a good weight loss, it's not slow, if you want to lose more then the only way really is by starving yourself, and that's not very healthy is it?, why should it take you years? according to your stats your goal weight is only 11lbs away so you could be there in 5-6 weeks!!!!

7lbs a month weight loss is what you can lose healthily and safely on SW if you stick to it 100%, so that equates to 6st in a year, hardly peanuts hun

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week for about 45 mins sessions, but that is only because I go over on syns every week!! I wish I had will power instead!!

Alternatively I use extreme hoovering (hoovering with my mp3 on) to work up a bit of a sweat.

Thankyou girls... sorry for moaning lol, just noticed I've only got 7 1/2 lbs to go to my club 10!! after that I would like to lose a further stone back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

The other thing is on sw does your weight loss just suddenly stop? and when it does is there anyways to still continue losing weight on sw? I realy dont want to run lol, even exercise is a no no at the mo (apart from the 40mins a day I do) I never stop though I cook wash up, housework.. dont think ill get the time to do a exersice vid or anything lol.

Anyway thx for your replys.. they helped :)

hi,

well done on your loss so far, a loss is a loss isn't it - no matter how much and as everyone else has said 1-2lbs a week is whats recommended so your doing great.
The only exercise i get is walking as i don't drive so i have gradually built up how fast i go, and now pass other people instead of them passing me!!
Got my 6 stone today which has taken 11 months so it can be done without sweating it out in the gym which isn't for me either:)

As for weight loss stopping mine hasn't so far have managed to lose 3lbs this week:) :) :)

I HATE the gym but sadly I never seem to keep to 15 syns at the weekend, hence the gym action......!!!

hi,

well done on your loss so far, a loss is a loss isn't it - no matter how much and as everyone else has said 1-2lbs a week is whats recommended so your doing great.
The only exercise i get is walking as i don't drive so i have gradually built up how fast i go, and now pass other people instead of them passing me!!
Got my 6 stone today which has taken 11 months so it can be done without sweating it out in the gym which isn't for me either:)

As for weight loss stopping mine hasn't so far have managed to lose 3lbs this week:) :) :)

Sorry, I meant to mention a massive WELL DONE!

To be honest, don't worry too much about the exercise, it sounds like you're getting enough at the moment just running around after your little one! Yes I run and I run a lot (35 miles plus a week) but i do it because I enjoy it, not to lose weight although it is an added bonus! but I have done SW before without exercising and to be honest, my weight losses so far haven't been much more than they were when I didn't exercise so I don't think adding exercise boosts your weight loss all the much anyway.

By all means if you want to do some exercise to make you feel good then great, but don't take something on just to try to boost your weight loss, you will only end up resenting the exercise and the diet if you don't get the extra results you want and more likely to fall off the wagon altogether!

I don't do exercise, I have arthritis in my feet which makes everything painful, but I'm hoping to have another operation this year which should help. Maybe after that I'll be able to get moving more!

With two kids you're probably running around a lot more than you think, and not getting your sleep means you don't have the energy to do any more. Don't be so hard on yourself, and I hope you little one starts to sleep better soon x

Back