Do I Have Mug Written On My Forehead!!!!!

dietingqueen

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Just really need to sound off.....was on phone to my friend but she got another call...didn't have anywhere else to turn to!

OK so to get to the point... I just got a call from somone i had at a dinnerparty a couple of weeks ago, they had been very genorous in comments on my cooking. anyway she asked if i could cook two dishes for her for tommorow night....:eek: I really didnt want to ...i have a course in the morning till lunchtime...then i have to pick one of my DD up...den b4 long the my other two kids will be home!! Y couldn't i just say NO!!!! Its not even soemone I like!!! DH is going to be well PI$$ED he say's i just let people use me...which is very true!!! No-one repays the favours i do!!!

to make it worse tehy the sort of people who if the dish isnt exactly right make comments about it just being rushed and not up to standard!!!!

How do i get out of this one??

My friend said...say i just checked teh email and the course is all day!!! I'm not a good liar though..... don't have the gut's to lie!!!

sooooo want to hit the biscuit barrel and more!!!:cry:

What an absolute cheek to ask you!!!!

Could you maybe call her back and explain something has cropped up and you cant do it but would be happy to email the recipe to her?

AH hun i know how you feel i feel crap too fell like im being taken for granted at work as i cant say no and really stressed tonight and need food but i cant argh!!!!!!!!

Tell her you have a sickness bug and as you dont want to infect her and her guests it would be sensible to not do it.

Phone her up to ask her if she will pay in advance or whether she needs an invoice. That should do it.

Phone her up to ask her if she will pay in advance or whether she needs an invoice. That should do it.

Brilliant!

Thanks for your comments, havent rung them back yet! but been on the phone to my friend again and she said call them early morning and say that OH had arranged something tomorrow afternoon that i'd not realised and told me when he came in late tonight...might be able to manage that!

What an absolute cheek to ask you!!!!

Could you maybe call her back and explain something has cropped up and you cant do it but would be happy to email the recipe to her?

I told her the recipie...but Y exert yourself when sum mug will do it for u!!!

Tell her you have a sickness bug and as you dont want to infect her and her guests it would be sensible to not do it.

I loved this one Sonya made me laugh...sooo much!!!

I could call and say yeah i'll make it but i'm not libel if ya get a bug!!!

HAHAHAHHAH

Not gettin paid Kate....even though I love this one...would just be a kind favour!! which will never get repaid!!!

AH hun i know how you feel i feel crap too fell like im being taken for granted at work as i cant say no and really stressed tonight and need food but i cant argh!!!!!!!!

Hi Kitty Kat was just reading your diary earlier...Don't Eat hun, It's not worth it...imagine how you will feel afterwards! just keep drinking that water...I know your weight eems like a big mountain now...but time soon passes and quicker if you stay on SS

Take care hun
x

Deffo dont eat, tell her you have a massive appointment with some friends that you cant get out of, then, start a new thread asking to meet people on here at a certain time.

That way you have got an appointment and you get to chat to us too!!!

Deffo dont eat, tell her you have a massive appointment with some friends that you cant get out of, then, start a new thread asking to meet people on here at a certain time.

That way you have got an appointment and you get to chat to us too!!!

LOL vicky...good one...glad i sounded off on here...cos i was really angry after the call!! i wouldn't have been able to sleep...going to bed now...will c what happens when i get up!!!

So hope i have the courage to say NO!!!

I told her the recipie...but Y exert yourself when sum mug will do it for u!!!

Someone much wiser than me once said

"If you don't want to be treated like a door mat, don't lie down"

I love this saying, and it's helped me fight back loads of times! You're not a mug, just someone who is having their kind nature taken advantage of. Good luck....

Not gettin paid Kate....even though I love this one...would just be a kind favour!! which will never get repaid!!!

So just say no. Call her up and tell her no. Don't make up an excuse because she will only take advantage of you again. Stand up for yourself and say no, you can't do it, you're too busy. Let her cater her own damn party. ;)

So just say no. Call her up and tell her no. Don't make up an excuse because she will only take advantage of you again. Stand up for yourself and say no, you can't do it, you're too busy. Let her cater her own damn party. ;)

Kate so wished i could do that....anyway chickened out of calling and saying no personally:sigh: ...Instead got my kind friend to call her and say i'd texted her that the course was all day!:eek:

Haven't called her since i got home...but feel very guilty:sigh: !!! When i next bump into her...will apologise for not doing it!!

x

By the way Sonya... I woke up wid an upset tummy:eek: ...lol...do you think it was just cos i needed an excuse...LOL

Don't feel guilty. You were put in a very difficult situation and I am pleased to see that no matter how you did it you said no.
Irene xx

By the way Sonya... I woke up wid an upset tummy:eek: ...lol...do you think it was just cos i needed an excuse...LOL

I am psychic Sonk ....lol. I think you have probably got yourself worked up about it and been stressing.....so your belly reacted this way.

Back