Do I have to have all my Syns?

I'm trying to follow the EE plan at home. However, I'm not having all my syns. I'm hoping to lose about 1.5 stone. i'm struggling to lose more than 1lb a week. I basically snack on fruit in between meals and have occasional packet of crisps.

Does it make that much difference?

I'm trying to follow the EE plan at home. However, I'm not having all my syns. I'm hoping to lose about 1.5 stone. i'm struggling to lose more than 1lb a week. I basically snack on fruit in between meals and have occasional packet of crisps.

Does it make that much difference?

If you are sure you are eating lots and lots of free food, probably not. If you pick at your food, with small portions, by not eating your syns your body could be dropping below the threshold where weightloss becomes difficult (sub 1000 calories a day). If you are relatively close to target though a pound a week is a good loss.

if youve only got 1.5st to lose then 1lb a week is very normal and very good :) you dont have to have all of the syns, just have the minimum amount (5) loads of things low syn like an options hot choc (2) or a kit kat 2 finger (5.5) or a small biscuit (like foxes triple layer or amber bar 4 syns) just have one on an evening while watching tv, a good way to get the syns in! the slimming world plan is devised so youre getting all the calories and nutrients you need, so all the free, superfree and healthy extras and also those all important 5-15 syns are there to make sure we're not dropping below about 1500 cals a day! if you really dont want them as treats, why not try adding them to meals? a bit of bisto granules in your gravy, bit of butter on toast or on jacket spuds, tomato ketchup on stuff? theyre easy to fit in with a bit of sneaky twiddling lol

At group yesterday a lady was only losing a lb and wasnt having syns,like you she snacked on frit/veg,cons told her she should be having syns as its part of the plan

Personally I don't lose any or much weight if I have a lot of syns. Sometimes I'll have what I want out of my 105 weekly allowance and other weeks I'll keep to a low as possible syn week as possible. Some people find they lose more the closer to the limit they go...It's finding what's right for you, to be honest!

Although now at target and have been for some time, I have always worked with 70 syns a week (our c said to work with 10 a day). Some days I will have 10 plus, usually at the weekend, other days I may have less. I think everyone is different and you have to judge what works for you. I know if I had had 15 a day I would not have lost weight, but others probably would :)

I tend to have around 10 syns and some days i go to 15 but not too many days. I dont use all my syns for snacks, i tend to use them in my cooking for things like olive oil and on condiments and so far i have been losing fine x

I am too struggling with how many syns I should be having a day. I found this on Slimming World online -

"Between 10 and 15 Syns is about the recommended amount a day for someone who's two to three stones overweight [you can have more if you have more to lose]. This helps you lose weight at a good and sensible rate, say a couple of pounds a week."

I can't find anything for those wanting to lose one to two stones.

The only way to work it out is to trial and error as everyone is different. It depends on how active you are and I'm guessing other factors. So try a week of having around 5 - 10 syns a day and then a week of about 10 - 15 syns a day and see what happens. You won't gain weight if your within the 15 syn limit so you have nothing to loose by just testing the waters.

The way I see it, is they are a treat and there for a reason! :p Treat yourself!! (just don't go too far haha, they add up quickly)

I wouldn't get to hung up on how many your supposed to have. I only have syns if I want something that has a syn value. Some days it's 3/4 and some days I'll have all 15 (never more than this!) dependant on what I feel like eating on any particular day. If your losing a pound a wk I wouldnt worry so long as your not depriving yourself of things you'll be eating when you get to target.

The way I see it is I'm going to be eating like this for the rest of my life so if I want something I have it otherwise I'll just end up binging.

Back