Do I LOOK like a...

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
TAXI?!?!

I might well be the size of one but I don't operate one! :mad:

This is one thing that really bugs me... people who complain about having to walk places and try to bum lifts off others but make NO effort to learn to drive themselves.

One person in particular... doesn't live too far from work but every night I used to give her a lift home. She seemed to think it was okay because it wasn't out of my way. IT WAS OUT OF MY WAY!!! If I don't drive anywhere near your house on the way to my own then it is out of my way.

In the beginning I genuinely didn't mind but it gets tiresome! She thought it was about petrol money but that's not my issue. At the end of shift, at 10pm all I want to do is get to my flat and chill out, not play chauffeur just because you can't be bothered to lump your bloody great arse to your own home yourself.

Anyway, she's not the reason I started this. I just got a text asking if I could pick up the boyfriend and take him to some club because his friend (thin pretty and female :mad:) is having a dress-up party and he felt silly walking there all dolled up in a suit and shirt. Fine, no problems. Until I ask what time and he demands NOW.

Okay, he didn't demand it and this was via text but I got very angry indeed and needed to vent.

Reading this back over I can see that I have vented... possibly a little too much lol but c'est la vie, eh?

It's just something that irks me. Moreso the type of people like the girl I described above. Won't come straight out and ask for a lift either but sits there sighing over how it's raining or she's tired or got a headache and doesn't want to face the (ten minute) walk home.

Wow, I'm irritable tonight! :eek: Sorry for ranting! :eek:

i very much agree... i spent alot of money learning to drive and buying the car i really wanted for myself... then you get people at work asking all thee time i find it so rude. i used to take a girl to work and back everyday she lived near me but i took her afew mins extra to her door everytime, which would of taken an hour to walk to work.... and i was offerd no petrol money or anything. i quit now tho so she is back to walking. i dont see why she doesnt learn to drive or get a bus. soo annoying when people wont help themselves

Precisely. I've asked that girl about it once in conversation and she replied that she has absolutely no desire to learn to drive because her boyfriend drives so she doesn't need to.

Not if he gets sick of playing taxi too love! :angeldevil:

See now I've calmed down the boyfriend isn't so bad as he actually has a license, just no car as he has a recurring eye problem and can't see properly.

At least he attempted a bit of independence!

Glad to see I'm not the only one that this irritates though :)

Ahh... was kinda hoping no one would pick up on that! lol

Yes, I did take him. The club he wanted to go to is a five minute walk from mine as is his flat from mine so wasn't that much of a problem, was just the 'now' that annoyed me! I'm still a pushover obviously lol. Well that and I suppose I'm quite fond of the eejit :)

Sorry...did I miss something - did you say he was going to a party with a female friend - why arn't you going instead ???

It's her birthday party and he did ask me to go but as I can't drink and feel ridiculously large in front of all of his tiny gorgeous friends, (not even an exaggeration! I reckon they're all a size 8 at largest with the exception of one, and one of them is absolutely stunning) I declined. No more playing with those guys 'til I'm gorgeous. :)

It's her birthday party and he did ask me to go but as I can't drink and feel ridiculously large in front of all of his tiny gorgeous friends, (not even an exaggeration! I reckon they're all a size 8 at largest with the exception of one, and one of them is absolutely stunning) I declined. No more playing with those guys 'til I'm gorgeous. :)

Thats ok then !!! - don't pick them up peed though - then I would call you a taxi:D

Not a chance sweetie! :D Although even though he said he won't I can guarantee he'll show up at about 1 or 2 in the morning and beg me to let him in... Always the same... The things we put up with!

Hey Rainbow!!

This topic really strikes a cord with me - I have a rule that I will not date a guy if he doesnt drive - no matter how much i like him - I just wont do it.... I think someone who doesnt want to learn to drive is basically...

1. Lazy
2. Selfish
3. They Have no drive (like the pun?)
4. They arent going anywhere in life (like the other pun?)
5. They are way too dependent on other people (so sad)
6. Have no manners (most times they never say thank you)
7. Are stingy (never offer money to contribute towards petrol costs)
8. I better stop cos I sure anyone who doesnt drive will hate me

But basically this is the one thing that annoys me more than anything.

I think it is pathetic how in this day and age people wont get off their ass and learn how to drive.

Loving the puns hun! :)

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people don't drive, if it's later in life, they don't have time to learn due to family life of financial commitments or whatever, but yeah, people who are young and have no real financial obligations but don't like walking (thought I'd throw that in there before we all get shot :)), catching a bus or paying for a taxi should cough up and get certified. Better to do it sooner rather than later anyway, they're making the tests harder all the time! o_O

Hey Rainbow!!

This topic really strikes a cord with me - I have a rule that I will not date a guy if he doesnt drive - no matter how much i like him - I just wont do it.... I think someone who doesnt want to learn to drive is basically...

1. Lazy
2. Selfish
3. They Have no drive (like the pun?)
4. They arent going anywhere in life (like the other pun?)
5. They are way too dependent on other people (so sad)
6. Have no manners (most times they never say thank you)
7. Are stingy (never offer money to contribute towards petrol costs)
8. I better stop cos I sure anyone who doesnt drive will hate me

But basically this is the one thing that annoys me more than anything.

I think it is pathetic how in this day and age people wont get off their ass and learn how to drive.
hahaha spooky ...also another turn off of mine... i did once date someone who didn't drive and it was a nightmare! ( i was alot younger and less wise than i am now) I used to pick him up and take him home ?!?! i had a kid and used to get my bro to watch him while i went! or like rainbow says...he didnt ask for a lift but, always moaned about not having enough money for a taxi WTF was i doing!
Also if he can drive we can share the driving!

i would be soooo lost without my car and i don't understand anyone who doesnt have the desire to drive!
Also, i would never cram as much into a day if i had to walk everywhere

worse still...

hahaha spooky ...also another turn off of mine... I did once date someone who didn't drive and it was a nightmare! ( i was alot younger and less wise than i am now) i used to pick him up and take him home ?!?! I had a kid and used to get my bro to watch him while i went! Or like rainbow says...he didnt ask for a lift but, always moaned about not having enough money for a taxi wtf was i doing!
Also if he can drive we can share the driving!

I would be soooo lost without my car and i don't understand anyone who doesnt have the desire to drive!
Also, i would never cram as much into a day if i had to walk everywhere

worse still... A man who doesnt drive and lives at home with his mum and dad!

how sick is that???

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lives at home NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! FECKING NO

even if they just live with their parents its a big massive no

its so wrong

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lives at home no no no no no no no!!!! Fecking no

even worse still... A guy who doesnt drive, lives at home and is always broke????

how the hell can that be??

Sounds like my ex...

Lol! Wonder why he is your ex! Ha ha xox

even worse still... A guy who doesnt drive, lives at home and is always broke????

how the hell can that be??
lmao...age old excuse......divorced!!! and still paying 'her' mortgage!!

Back