Do I need a medical before 1st appointment?

lou-lou

Hiya,

I have my first appointment with my cdc on Thursday, she gave me her address and we arranged a time, she then said it would be approx 30 mins and that was it. I was really happy but then I read another post and someone mentioned that they had a medical form from their GP. Do I need to get a leter of consent to take with me to my first appointment? I hope not cos it's a nightmare getting into my docs :rolleyes: Hope someone can help, thanks. xxx

Hi.. u need to fill a medical form in with ur cdc. It's a general health questionare, it asks about medication u may be on and any illnesses,but having said that, cdc are differant, i did'nt need a concent form from my gp.

Linda.

You need medical consent to follow CD if you have a BMI of 40 or over or if you taking any medication (not including the contraceptive pill or HRT -I think) Your CDC will run through all of this with you during your first meet and if you need to have medical clearance, she will give you the forms, send you away and meet with you again before she can give you any products. If you are on medication, or are able to work out your bmi, maybe you could pop along to her to quickly pick up the forms so you can get started sooner rather than later? Hope i've explained this right. Good luck :)

Hello Lou-Lou, you only have to get medical form signed by GP if you are extremly overweight or on some kinds of medication. Your CDC should discuss this with you and give you the consent form for your GP to sign. She should have asked you those questions when you spoke on phone to make appointment.

You need medical consent to follow CD if you have a BMI of 40 or over or if you taking any medication (not including the contraceptive pill or HRT -I think)

This is really interesting as I had to have the form signed by my doctor and my BMI was 34. I'm on no medication at all. Any idea why this might be if the general rule is 40?

Thank you all for your answers. I am 5'5" and approx 16 stone, I think my bmi is about 37 although i'm not sure. Hope I can get started straight away i've only got 9 weeks from my appointment until my hols :D Need to get shifting weight quickly. I'm having a low carb week in preparation as I read this prepares you for cd. Thanks again everyone :)

Wish you luck with your diet and if you stick to it 100% you should have at least 2 stone off before your holiday. REMEMBER also you must drink lots of water, at least 4 litres.
Keep us posted....:)

Back