Extra Easy Do men lose more than women?

MinzieMoo

Me & my bf r both on sw and he's lost 5lbs first week then 5 lbs second week (he weighed around 14st in 1st week) and I weighed 16st & lost 4.5 first week then 2lbs second week & were both on EE so I just wondered if men lose more quicker or not ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Some men tend to loose quicker, but I do think its an individual thing. My boyfriend lost weight just eating the same meals as me and not watching what he snacked on, which really used to do my head in. But at least we're both happy with our weight now.

My OH does SW world with me and loses much quicker than me! So annoying!

My hubby is also doing S W and he is losing 1lb average per week. So he is losing the same as I did when I was on my journey. :)

It maybe is just anecdotal but there seems to be a perception that the biggest loser in the groups are always men. Of course that might just be the selective sample. Women of all sizes go to slimming classes, from only needing to lose half a dozen pounds to a dozen stone. With men though, it seems that its only those that have got themselves into pretty bad shape before they enrol.

If a man only needs to lose a few pounds he is unlikely to go to a slimming class, more likely to become more active / join a gym.

As someone who has attended group for over three years and seen a few men attending group, men do usually lose more than women. Even men who had less to lose than I did when I first started (I only knew their weights as I was the weigh-in woman!) seemed to have bigger losses than I ever did.

Medically - the more muscle you have, the quicker you burn fat (even just sitting around). Usually men are more muscular than women and so will burn fat quicker than women and so lose weight faster. Of course there will be exceptions to the rule!

Back