• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Do MiM make you stall?

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
After having them almost every day I've cut back to one a week, but tbh I don't know if they stall me or not, just don't fancy them so often.

cokes

Silver Member
I used them when I started to subsitute a savoury mix of MIM for bread for the occassional sandwich or burger bun. I think the mix is good for that but then I'm not a sweettooth and didn't like the sweet mix. Now however I rarely use the mix as I just don't feel the need for it. Somepeople have them once a day, some once a week. I think if you struggle with your losses then it is worth looking at cutting them back, but until then just enjoy- but not too much as too much flax can give people tummy trouble

The thing about flaxseed is that it is composed almost totally of fibre, and contains good, healthy oils (omega 3 for example). In the American Atkins community the MIM is regarded as a 'carb wash' - virtually no carbs - because it mostly passes straight through the digestive system.

I love MIMs and I tinker with the recipe to get a more pleasing result. I don't have a stalling problem with flax luckily enough but I do with cheese and dairy, and with sugar alcohols used to sweeten sugar free chocolate, bars, etc.

Try a MIM a day and if it seems to be slowing you down try one every other day, or half a MIM a day. I love making toasted cheese sandwiches with MIM dough (see recipe section above). MIMs are so versatile. The rich chocolate MIM is just bliss with a bit of low sugar black cherry jam in the middle and topped with a bit of cream - Black Forest MIM!

ladyfelsham

Girly that sounds lush!

If you've refined the recipe, would you mind posting it here? Always great to see peoples' variations :)

I posted my variations on the MIMs recipe thread ages back. Should still be there, or perhaps under the general recipes. Rich chocolate MIM or some such - and it really does taste like black forest gateau!

I use one egg per two MIMs, extra water (makes it much more cake-like in texture), and a tablespoonful of oil. NOT two tablespoonsful of butter as I have seen on some recipes - I don't think that much fat is necessary. I make four MIMs at a time. Don't be too mean with the cocoa as you want the flavour to be, well, rich! Add powdered or liquid sweetener to taste. A dash of vanilla flavouring added to the wet mix brings out the lovely choccy flavour even more!

ladyfelsham

Thx I was too lazy to go through all the recipe posts :D

Kat1e

This is for life
I stuck to half a mim a day - that way i got the benefits for my insides but didnt stall me

muffin in a minute!
1/4 cup flaxseed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp butter/cocnut oil
1tsp dble cream
1 egg
then whatever flavour you prefer....cocoa and splenda, ginger, garlic and herb, cinamon, etc etc etc, make it up!

mix it all well with a fork and microwave for 1 min, then eit sliced with butter/cream cheese, or warm with dble cream, use it as a 'bread' whatever you fancy

go on, it's yum!

Muffin in a Minute, on the flaxseed recipe section above. This is a wonderful substitute for bread, rolls, etc. Makes a yummy sweet or savoury burger bun or even a low carb 'cake' or muffin. Delicious! They've saved many an Atkinser from grabbing regular bread lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Atkins - Recipes 0
Atkins - Recipes 1
Atkins Diet 6
Atkins Diet 4
Atkins Diet 13