do people feel tired in the first week

padbear

Hi all,
I've just started exante and am now on day 5. Been out a bit today and feel really tired. Just wondering if other people have that too early on and whether it goes away?

I've tried ketostix and they're not registering ketosis yet although I tjought i should be there by now.

No major hunger pangs although late afternoon seems the worse time. Strangely being around food it doesn't interest me at all

cheers
P

I was very tired the first week, i was very cold so lots of warm baths and early nights but it soon passed.
Don't rely on the ketostixs. They don't always work, if you get the 15 seconds wrong or your store incorrectly etc etc. Your symptoms - like being hunger free are a more reliable measure. Sounds as if you are in ketosis. Well done, the tiredness passes and you are on your way.

GSQ

Good luck ... its sounds like your well on your way and nearly at the end of your first week which is brilliant! x

Hi Padbear well done on your first week - nearly there, I've been feeling really tired, just starting day 4, couldn't get the heat up yesterday at all.

BF

thanks guys.

I tried a ketostik again last night and it turned red so all looks good from that so maybe the other one didn't work/I didn't do it properly. Glad to hear some tiredness goes after the first week! It was just yesterday but I had been out for the whole day. Still I'm hoping that the body is just getting used to a new energy supply and should have adjusted soon.

I am aware that alot of toxins will be coming out - we tend to store these in fat - and they will cause transitory issues as they go through us which is why the water is good of course!

cheers
P

I've been messing about with Exante for the past 2 weeks, but am on day 3 of TS and I find myself feeling very weak and wobbly in the mornings when I wake up... I don't feel hungry (that comes later in the day), but most definitely a bit wobbly. I used to go the gym in the morning, but I'm adjusting that to afternoon after work cuz I can barely stand up in the mornings at the mo!!!
Re. tiredness, I have found that once in ketosis I sleep like a log. Dunno if there is anything happening inside that creates this? But other than waking up to pee every few hours (!) I'm out like a light at the moment!

Me too as soon as I my head hits the pillows I'm out like a light all night!! Tend to feel a bit groggy though in the mornings for having such a heavy sleep!! x

Yeah i'm thinking about going to my bed from about 7pm, need all my time to hold off till kids are settled and bedded (10pm) up few times for toilet thru night but need all my time to roll out of bed when alarm goes off at 7.30am - whats happening to me arrggghhh ....

BF

Yes! I've just finished my first week and I have been sooooooo very tired. I am hoping it settles down as my body gets used to so few calories. I can't survive with such little energy as I have 3 tots to look after! I am hoping to feel more energetic this week or the next...

Glad it's not just me suffering then, my youngest is 10 so don't have to run around after little ones all day and it's just as well cos I don't know if i'd manage.

BF

Aye it has been trying. My twins still don't sleep very well at night so I've been feeling very run down - It'll be worth it, though I'm sure :)

Hi all,
I've just started exante and am now on day 5. Been out a bit today and feel really tired. Just wondering if other people have that too early on and whether it goes away?

I've tried ketostix and they're not registering ketosis yet although I tjought i should be there by now.

No major hunger pangs although late afternoon seems the worse time. Strangely being around food it doesn't interest me at all

cheers
P

This is EXACTLY what i had on day 5 (about 3 weeks ago) - but please....whatever you do, do not give up ....i lost 8lbs in the first 6 days but felt so awful by day 6 i couldn't risk starting my new job feeling that way, so started eating. I've been on an outrageous binge since and gained a whole stone :cry: in hindsight...there wasn't too much i could have done about it - the pendulum will swing hard the other way after total food replacement. I felt like crap and was so desperate to feel normal i just ate and ate and ate....... keep at it! Ignore the ketostix too, there are actually loads of carbs in those packs, the calorie defecit alone is what will make you lose weight more than the ketosis (in my opinion). Good luck!!

This is EXACTLY what i had on day 5 (about 3 weeks ago) - but please....whatever you do, do not give up ....i lost 8lbs in the first 6 days but felt so awful by day 6 i couldn't risk starting my new job feeling that way, so started eating. I've been on an outrageous binge since and gained a whole stone :cry: in hindsight...there wasn't too much i could have done about it - the pendulum will swing hard the other way after total food replacement. I felt like crap and was so desperate to feel normal i just ate and ate and ate....... keep at it! Ignore the ketostix too, there are actually loads of carbs in those packs, the calorie defecit alone is what will make you lose weight more than the ketosis (in my opinion). Good luck!!

Hi Elemental. Thanks for that! The tiredness did indeed go and I've just finished day 7. Only 8lb so I'm disappointed at that (I'm a guy so had hoped for over 10).

I'm concerned over what happens when you come off too, but I've been reading the atkins book and reckon I'm at the issues with blood sugar/ insulin stage and know I don't want to be there so I'm fairly sure I have the willpower for a few weeks at any rate.

I must say that whilst I don't feel hungry exactly (was out on a boat with people all eating fish and chips yesterday evening and not a craving) I do still feel empty if that makes sense and my stomach does seem to make alot of grumbling noises

Good luck with your journey - I hope you get back on either this diet or another one that works for you. All this stuff is so mixed up with people's different physiologies, emotions and day to day lives that it's different for all.

I've bought two bumperpacks so keen to try and see those through at least to be a slimmer me in august

cheers
P

Padbear well done on your 8lb loss thats really good, my first weigh in is Sunday and i'm looking for 5 - 6lb, the good thing about the diet is if you stick to it every week will be a loss. I ordered 2 bumper packs also so looking forward to getting through them. I was very tired until day 5 and I don't feel hungry either but my stomach is making some amount of grumbling noises and does feel empty so i'm with you on that one.

BF

Back