Do people misbehave after a Weigh-In?

AbFab

Just curious as to whether people misbehave after a Weigh-in? If you get a good result on the scales do you allow yourself that slice of chocolate cake or a bottle of wine or pizza or whatever your vice is that evening? My lovely SIL lost 3 stone with WW and after every weekly Weigh-In she would allow herself a cheat meal straight after. Does anyone else do this? I think I'd be slightly nervous to and that it would undo the good weeks work. In another sense it would be a welcome little treat! Thoughts? :party0036:

I ALWAYS do it! However I do syn it all out and make it up within the next week so I've never really gone over my syns! On Monday night after WI I had 28.5 syns, yesterday I had 17 and today I've had 2 which takes my total to 47.5, so I'm back to having 12.5 syns tomorrow :) jobs a good'un!

It is a nice idea AbFab but my C always says the new week begins the second you come off the scales; if you include our treat in your syns then there is no problem. It might be an idea to reassess what you think of as a treat, it could be spending a little more time on yourself or having your favourite SW meal- i always have SW burger & chips on WI night, followed by a delicious G&T. Yum! Wish it was weigh in night tonight :)

I suppose I treat myself but not by going off plan, I usually keep most of my syns and Hex's (2 of each as I do Green) until after WI and then have grilled cheese on toast (which is used to be my fave and so is a treat to me but maybe not to anyone else!) and then some chocolate or wine... or both! Always stay within syns though.

My C also says your week starts as soon as you step off the scales so anything ate that night counts in the new weeks syns. I don't do it cos I don't get home till late after (group finishes at 9 and then I stay at mums for a few hours so am never home till after 11) but as long as you count the syns then it shouldn't be a problem. There's a man in my group who will have his 'treat night' after group and then has minimal syns the rest of the week and he has lost over 10 stone!

I always treat myself to 12 syns worth of dry white wine after my WI. It is the one luxury I have really missed since I started losing weight, but I always measure it and I save my daily syns up for it. :D

I used to totally pig out after weigh in!! But i dont so much now!! Sometimes im still not perfect but no where near as bad as i used to be!! I try to stick to around the 15 mark but sometimes its closer to 20!! I always get straight back on plan next day though, but i guess some people may struggle with a blowout then trying to get back on the wagon next day xx

I just save my daily syns for something nice. Tomorrow it'll be a boatload of m&ms! I know that if I go mental and eat loads I'll find it harder to get back on it the next day. I've not got the time to muck about with the diet tbh, I need this weight gone yesterday and I feel that an off plan night per week will really set me back. If it works for you then cool but definitely not for me x

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've just had a Frys Cadbury Creme for 10.5 Syns and feel really satisfied with that tbh. I got my 1/2 Stone Award this evening :winner: and while I'd love to celebrate it, celebrating it with some booze or fat-laden food with the defeat the object I suppose! I'm still at the very early stages of this process so maybe I can allow myself that cheat meal when I'm much further along the line and have a couple of stone off. I think I'll allow myself a Flexi-Syn meal out in the next week or so instead!

I try and have something nice but don't go off plan (tbh I don't eat a lot on weight in day so have my syns and hexb left for afterwards).

We did go to a class a couple of years ago where the leader actually encouraged what she called "black holes" on weigh-in night. Really not good for me personally as I find it really hard to get back on plan after I've gone off it. If I could, I probably would. But I just know that once I start eating rubbish I can't stop!

I try and have something nice but don't go off plan (tbh I don't eat a lot on weight in day so have my syns and hexb left for afterwards).

We did go to a class a couple of years ago where the leader actually encouraged what she called "black holes" on weigh-in night. Really not good for me personally as I find it really hard to get back on plan after I've gone off it. If I could, I probably would. But I just know that once I start eating rubbish I can't stop!

Really lol?? That is quite shocking!! I wonder if she is still a consultant?? Dont get me wrong i am guilty of the weigh in black hole at times although i am not proud of it and wouldnt encourage anyone else!! I think i am going to start treating myself to something on plan and within my syns on a mon after weigh in, like a chow mein or chicken jalfrezi n boiled rice then a curly wurly or something at night, and then maybe if i spend all day lookin forward to it it will keep me on track!! Xx

I do, I don't go overboard but I don't syn it either, I only have something if I have lost weight, and grab something on way home from weigh in rather than have it in house ready incase I don't lose as I would be tempted to have it anyway! It means I don't feel like I'm derpriving myself, it motivates me to be good all week and rewards me too, I will usually have a syn free evening meal after weigh in and then have a chocolate bar and a glass of wine or baileys, I don't use my full syns all week anyway, usually averaging 8 a day so I'm probably not going over my syns if you look at them over the week. I don't go crazy like have pizza and chocolate and sweets and drinks, but just have a couple of things that I personally feel are too high in syns to justify during the week (i.e. a 12 syn choc bar) I find it works for me and as long as it continues to work I will continue to have my treat after weigh in :)

Even when I went off the deep end and had a McDonald's a couple of weeks ago I synned it out on the website and had 2 days with no syns but really filling free food to make up for it. Otherwise you're always playing catch up. Plus I know if I went really crazy it's opening up a can of worms and there I am again with a giant bag of crisps every night?!!

I used to always have a cheat night after weigh in, and honestly it did start affecting my losses. It didn't stop me losing, but it did slow my losses down. Now, I still have my treats after weigh in, but I Syn them.

I'm someone who uses their Syns weekly, rather than daily. I don't use many Syns through the week - I tend to use more on a weekend. Even then I am usually still left with around 30+ Syns on weigh day, so I'll treat myself to a chippy or a McDonalds. Or something as simple as a full fat bottle of pop, or an extra bit of chocolate.

I kind of made this a New Years resolution - I promised myself no more messing around in 2013 and that I'd reach my target this year. In the last 5 weeks of putting this into practice I've lost 8.5lb, with 4 losses and 1 maintain. For me that is such a big step. This time last year it'd have been 2lb off, 1lb on, half off...you get the picture.

You just have to ask yourself, what is more important?

I weigh on a monday, and as far as i'm aware there are NO SYNS on a monday!! but I don't go hugely overboard, I dont know how many times our group leader says monday syns count...... I never hear that lol :) x

When I started me and the OH used to grab chips for the chippy or a kebab from the shops en route home from Weigh in. But in a similar way to Stevie, since the New year, I've changed my ways and have seen a more certain decline in my weight. Like many other people here, I try to eat as little as possible before weigh day so have all my syns left and Weds (WI) will be the one day I have my full 15.
My recent post weigh in treat has been an egg and spoon (10 syns) and its probably more satisfying the the food baby a kebab would form! x

No I never did to be honest. Just kept plodding on was and still am so in the zone didnt want to scupper any loss for the following week. Now at target I do allow myself a cake once a week when we go to Costa. My guilty weekend pleasure. And I have upped my healthy extras as per instructions from my c.

I tend to look at it in the "your only undoing your own work by going on a minor binge" if you decide to eat crap after weigh in...but since i weigh at home in the morning before work it doesn't really work cos i just do my day as i would any other.Plus I know if i start the week on a binge however minor i am likely to just not stick to plan all week...so yeah i don't treat myself, at least not with food

I weigh in the morning so tend to treat it as a normal day. Last night we had Chinese take away though and i practically inhaled the prawn crackers. I reckon i had about 30 syns. But i counted it and will be trying to make up for it in the week. I am only 0.5lbs away from target so really hope i haven't messed it up already!

Back