Do slimsticks work

blonde8

Hi please can anyone tell me whether these slimsticks do actually work! I'm really tempted to try them x

They are sachets u make up twice a day and Ment to stop cravings and supress Ur appetite! Makes dieting bit easier! They cost 30 pound for 30 sachets so wanted to no if anyone had tried them before I brought some x

Hmm I wouldn't try them, as they're quite pricey. There are cheaper ways of stopping appetite and hunger pangs:

1) Getting protein and complex carbs each meal - studies have shown protein may actually block the signal which the stomach sends to the brain to say its still hungry (I can actually vouch for this, though I don't know if its psychological or actually true).

2) drink upto 5 cups of green tea a day

3)obviously get your 2lt. of water a day

4)complex starchy carbohydrates as a snack: I love to have a banana, spread with peanut butter and topped with cinnamon - fills me up for a few hours and all that for just over 200cals.

5)Studies have shown cinnamon may also be beneficial in stopping hunger pangs and helping to surpress appetite - again I can vouch for this. Cinnamon is never out of my spice rack now.

Those are just a few ways you can help surpress your appetite - none of which are more than a couple of pounds =). I tend to be wary of diet pills/sachets or anything like that; very few of them actually work and most are just expensive combinations of ingredients you can find in a supermarket for a fraction of the price.

Since taking them ( have had 3 so far) I've got a bad tummy, bloated stomach and pains and being stuck on the loo is it just coincidence or do u think its them! X

Hi what's in the ingredients list? If they are made of protein isolate or something similar you could just be a bit sensitive to it...as a lot of ppl are or maybe they have sweeteners in (probebly) which cause stomach upset in heavy amount...my guess would b that!

Im sure these things will work if you are also cutting down your general calorie intake. If they contain palm oil then you will have to check the calorie content of them too. Even if it helps on a psychological basis it might be worth a go, but pricey though.

Personally I think you would be much better off having extra pieces of fruit such as an apple or orange to help keep appetite down, but it will be interesting to see if you think they help.

Back