Do slimsticks work

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by blonde8, 13 April 2011 Social URL.

1. blonde8

blonde8 Full Member

Hi please can anyone tell me whether these slimsticks do actually work! I'm really tempted to try them x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. princessniknak

princessniknak Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    excuse me for being a bit silly but what are slim sticks? :)

4. blonde8

blonde8 Full Member

They are sachets u make up twice a day and Ment to stop cravings and supress Ur appetite! Makes dieting bit easier! They cost 30 pound for 30 sachets so wanted to no if anyone had tried them before I brought some x

5. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think they can work in combination with a diet and exercise programme but I wouldn't expect them to work on their own x

6. leighleigh

leighleigh Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st4.5lb(-6.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmm I wouldn't try them, as they're quite pricey. There are cheaper ways of stopping appetite and hunger pangs:

1) Getting protein and complex carbs each meal - studies have shown protein may actually block the signal which the stomach sends to the brain to say its still hungry (I can actually vouch for this, though I don't know if its psychological or actually true).

2) drink upto 5 cups of green tea a day

3)obviously get your 2lt. of water a day

4)complex starchy carbohydrates as a snack: I love to have a banana, spread with peanut butter and topped with cinnamon - fills me up for a few hours and all that for just over 200cals.

5)Studies have shown cinnamon may also be beneficial in stopping hunger pangs and helping to surpress appetite - again I can vouch for this. Cinnamon is never out of my spice rack now.

Those are just a few ways you can help surpress your appetite - none of which are more than a couple of pounds =). I tend to be wary of diet pills/sachets or anything like that; very few of them actually work and most are just expensive combinations of ingredients you can find in a supermarket for a fraction of the price.

7. blonde8

blonde8 Full Member

Since taking them ( have had 3 so far) I've got a bad tummy, bloated stomach and pains and being stuck on the loo is it just coincidence or do u think its them! X

8. zzjanliz

zzjanliz Full Member

Hi what's in the ingredients list? If they are made of protein isolate or something similar you could just be a bit sensitive to it...as a lot of ppl are or maybe they have sweeteners in (probebly) which cause stomach upset in heavy amount...my guess would b that!

9. blonde8

blonde8 Full Member

All I no is it contains palm oil I think!x

10. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Im sure these things will work if you are also cutting down your general calorie intake. If they contain palm oil then you will have to check the calorie content of them too. Even if it helps on a psychological basis it might be worth a go, but pricey though.

Personally I think you would be much better off having extra pieces of fruit such as an apple or orange to help keep appetite down, but it will be interesting to see if you think they help.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.