Do the bars taste good?

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Coz we are on week 1 we are not allowed to have any bars (or the flavoured water) till next week. Just wanted to know how good are the bars and which ones are really good.

Also, my CDC has suggested that we dont get many bars because we would be more tempted to chomp on something hence more inclined to cheat. Has anyone else felt like this?

Saying that I do like her idea of chopping the bar up into pieces and having them as treats throughout the day (fat chance of that happening tho , i would probably eat the whole thing lol)

I just feel like I need something to bite because my teeth are already starting to feel all funny (maybe its just in my head)

Now when I first got the bars I was very disappointed as I had been building up to it. I think I imagined a mars bar situation (duh)!
So I stayed off them for a couple of weeks, tried them again this week and love them now, I've eaten them all! My favourites are the chocolate, mint and Orange. Xx

your teeth will feel furry - you have to be more careful about brushing when on CD.

i LOVE the bars. they have a few more cals and grams of carbs so Cambridge advise you wait til week three and have no more than one a day.

i'm not fond of the choc-mint ones, but i adore all the others. my CDC told me that you shouldn't really scoff them down quickly as the malitol (sweetner) can cause wind / diarrhoea. instead, bite a small piece and take a sip of water, before taking another small piece. makes them last ages, too.

the toffee, orange and chocolate ones are like chocolate covered fudge, and the cranberry one is like a regular cereal bar. The peanut one is a bit sawdust-y, but has the delicious flavour of peanut butter so it doesn't matter.

I love the peanut ones, like the chocolate, not really a big fan of the cranberry and mint choc and I have an orange one to try tomorrow.

They don't make me want to cheat, infact it stops me because the soups and shakes don't agree with me x

hmmm a mixture of responses there. guess i will have to try for myself and see. i am a bit worried however about the fact that cdcs all seem to have different opinions. my cdc has said i can have bars from next week... and same with the flavours (not that im complaining) but i dont want to mess up the diet.

i dont think i will even try the peanut one because when i was doing the lipotrim diet their peanut bar was like poo and it would make me sick it was horrid... and since then i have gone off anything with peanuts. urgh!

Sadly, it seems lots of CDCs give advice that contradicts Cambridge's own rules and guidance. My own has told me it's fine to drink any and all diet drinks, and encouraged me to take aquaban when i was retaining water. Both are wrong. It's always worth checking on here, but the best source of info is usually your book.

Your CDC should have given you quite a thick, chunky, spiral bound little book when you joined (some CDCs charge about £1.50 - others give it for free). In the book it says that bars are for week three onwards, and that they recommend - but leave it up to you - that water flavourings are only used from week three as well.

oh i was never given a book! i will ask for one when i go .. i dont mind paying for it if it has useful information in it.

im a little worried now... i mean i think my cdc is great but if she is giving me the wrong advice and it affects the diet etc i wont be happy.

if i do take the bars from next week would it take me out of ketosis?

They don't take you out of ketosis, I just think it's recommended in week 3 so that you are into the swing of things with the diet before you start to chew anything again.

they might take you out of ketosis, actually - it depends on how deeply into it you are - they do have more carbs.

the thing with ketosis is it's much more fragile to begin with than it is later on.

I love the bars and would not contemplate doing CD without them! I love the peanut & malt toffee bars.

I had the bars after completing 7 full day days on SS+ and it didn't knock me out of ketosis..... but hey, everyone's different.

Good luck.

I love love love the peanut bar its my favourite, I find the others all a bit sickly so as others have said break into small pieces and eat slowly.

PGD x

I love the bars all of them except the peanut and chocolate i dont hate them but dont like them as much as the others.They dont take me out of ketosis and i have always had them from week 2. xx

Yum I love the bars, fave is choc, then peanut, choc orange, choc mint, malt toffee not keen on cranberry but really enjoy the rest. Choc orange is dark choc too yum! I don't find them nearly as filling as shakes though, bit a I'm on ss+ I have one after dinner as a pudding :) I'd wait til wk3 to follow cwp guidelines, with the wait though x

I love the bars and would not contemplate doing CD without them! I love the peanut & malt toffee bars.

I had the bars after completing 7 full day days on SS+ and it didn't knock me out of ketosis..... but hey, everyone's different.

Good luck.

i think i need them bars! thanx for that x

I love love love the peanut bar its my favourite, I find the others all a bit sickly so as others have said break into small pieces and eat slowly.

PGD x

thanx hun x

I love the bars all of them except the peanut and chocolate i dont hate them but dont like them as much as the others.They dont take me out of ketosis and i have always had them from week 2. xx

thanx for the advice. glad to know that i wont go out of ketosis coz i really really want a bar!!!

Yum I love the bars, fave is choc, then peanut, choc orange, choc mint, malt toffee not keen on cranberry but really enjoy the rest. Choc orange is dark choc too yum! I don't find them nearly as filling as shakes though, bit a I'm on ss+ I have one after dinner as a pudding :) I'd wait til wk3 to follow cwp guidelines, with the wait though x

thanx for the advice hun. i will speak to my cdc again and will tell her about these guidelines coz she clearly doesnt seem aware of them!

Back