Do the journey not the diet.....

omg halo, have u seen how old this post is? lol

My sister does this and has done for the past 5 years

My sister does this. She does CD 2 - 3 times a year and is very good at it - she loses about 3 - 4 stone each time and then eats for England the rest of the time. she laughingly calls it her hobbie. Personally I think she is lazy.

I am on weight watchers and have lost 8 lbs in a month but by god have I worked hard for those 8lbs and am chuffed to bits - she has been on CD for 1 week and has lost 12lbs.

The only good thing is that tonight I can have a glass of wine and tomorrow go out for dinner but she can't. And to my utter amazment I am absolutely hooked on the exercise.

I think the real downfall is that we tell ourselves it's all about "eating what we want". All my naturally slim friends all eat exactly what they want when they want it; the difference seems to be that they don't stress about it in their own heads, they eat what they enjoy of it, and then stop eating when it stops becoming enjoyable e.g. half of a dessert because they have been satisfied with what they have. They do not have underlying issues that drive the to finish that last bit (and have seconds) even though to do so creates a physical and mental discomfort.

That is what I am aiming for! :)

Hahaha wonder if in the 4 years since this post was first made if this woman has been back more than once!

Hahaha wonder if in the 4 years since this post was first made if this woman has been back more than once!

LMAO... never even noticed the date! Just presumed when it turned up in today's forum that it was a newish one!

LMAO... never even noticed the date! Just presumed when it turned up in today's forum that it was a newish one!

Lol I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for Cherylx! I must try to be more observant!

Wonder if Mike will update us?

I wonder if mike is a cd counsellor anymore??? he might not be??? Over-eating and weight gain is just a symptom of something wrong in your life... in most cases...... obv in some cases there are genuiningly people who can stop eating but as a rule overeating is usually to comfort you when something in your life is not right!

:D well its true though! A nice easy fix for 95% of people including me!

I dont think any diet has it cracked yet

The head problems far outweigh the 'diet'

Hey morning Shan xxxxxxxx

Well last client of the day has just gone.

And they said something which just blew me away.

They have lost 5 stone now and look fantastic but then he/she said "I love this diet, I can eat what I like soon and then just come back in a few months and grab some packs from you to lose it again"

I just so wanted to get them to realise that losing the weight is just the start of it and that while losing weight you must do the journey and realise that keeping the weight off is the real challenge and not just losing it.

If you spend the diet planning for what you are going to do differently when you finish the diet then the diet itself is merely a way to get slim and you kind of do it without ever really thinking about it.

To just plan to then go back to your old ways is absolutely heartbreaking :confused:

Unfortunately, so easy to do. A few years ago now, I lost about 7 stone on CD, stopped the diet (without doing the reintroduction of food steps as I thought i could slowly do this myself) Who was I kidding ? I have now put all that weight back on (and probably a bit more too.) The trouble I had was that I had the mindset for sooo long that got me to where I was but I did not know any different and did not know where to go or what to do to try and re-educate myself about how we should eat to maintain / after the CD diet. It obviously wasnt a conscious decision I made to put the weight back on, you think "oh 1 choccy bar wont hurt" Trouble is, that ends up being every night in front of TV and that 1 bar turns into 2 each night etc etc... and before you know it you are back to where you were originally (It happened so quick for me that the only time I can remember being as slim as I was when I finished the diet which was 15st 3 was the morning the scales actually showed that, then literally it was like, BAM ! My weight was back up there. Luckily I got a certificate from CD to prove that it wasnt just a dream.) But my point is thats how easy and quickly it can be if you are not very careful.

What I would like to see on this forum, maybe as a "sticky" is a thread with what you can do to change your mindset whilst on the diet, maybe good books you can read (NLP ?) or things like that. Maybe I just havent seen them, but I see threads and threads on this forum about doing the diet, but nothing about after the diet/maintaining (even after the food steps.)

@ Paul.. there is a whole section on Mindset in the main forum page that is aimed at all members irrespective of the choice of weight management diet.

I sent an email to IceMoose telling him that this thread had been rediscovered and asking him to update us on the client and himself.

MM

I sent an email to IceMoose telling him that this thread had been rediscovered and asking him to update us on the client and himself.

MM

from what i have heard icemoose no longer has anything to do with the cd.

Well hello everyone!! :) my word it's been a long time, took me ages to remember my password ;-)

Anyway hope everyone is doing fantastically.

So an update.

Well the above post was about a guy, and I saw him about 6 to 8 weeks ago in town and he was as big as ever :-( in fact if anything he was a stone or two bigger, such a shame as he looked amazing when he trimmed down but I haven't spoken to him to know what life has been up to but just thought I would update that.

So a quick update on me! It's been five years since I finished the cambridge diet now (my word where did that go!!) and I am still at goal weight, I have never been back on the cambridge or any other diet since.

Now it's been a bumpy ride ! I have had a lot to go through in the last five years but I have kept my positive head on and never had the urge to dive back into the food like old Mike did.

Anyway I quit as a CD counsellor a couple of years ago as I had a conversation with some head office people that I could not accept and therefore my morals always come in front of money so I walked away and hence don't now have anything to do with it.

I also have a new career now which keeps me busy, I gave up fixing computers in cold computer rooms and now am in sales and marketing and I absolutely love it.

I still do a diet blog at The Diet Guy - Believe You Can, Believe You Can't, Either Way You'll Be Right but have been very busy for a few months but there is all the content on there that I used and believe in.

Anyway enough of all this as I am sure you have more to do ! Hello to everyone, hi to anyone who was here back in 2005 and 2006 and have a nice relaxing Sunday.

Mike xxxx

@Mike -- Thanks for updating us.

MinnieMel

Wow, I was thinking about you the other day. Great to know you're doing well.

Back