Do these things happen to everyone?

Soraya

Silver Member
So, back on CD and 9.5lbs to go. I found reading the boards that there are a few classic patterns and having gone through the ones that I never thought would happen to me, I wondered how typical they were?
  • Day three is a pig. Your brain chemistry changes, it feels awful. There is nothing that can be done but ride it out.
  • After the 1 stone, you want to have a break. That's you're 'are you ready to lose the weight and move on mental test'.
  • Towards the end you want to stop and have a break, people tell you how good you look, normal clothes fit, why keep fighting? I guess because you're winning battles, but the war isn't won to reclaim yourself from the fatlands.
  • I haven't got to this, but not doing the maintenance the way CD seems to be a problem. Your glycogen pings on fast, you think OMG it's true it comes back on faster on CD than other diets. And eventually all the weight comes back on. As far as I can tell, CD takes you up so that you are actually still losing as the glycogen replenishes and you come out of it into full maintenance still at goal weight.
Are there any others that happen too?

I suppose all these things can happen, but it doesn't have to be so.
Day three is a pig. Your brain chemistry changes, it feels awful. There is nothing that can be done but ride it out.
Not if you ease yourself into SSing by reducing your carbs before you start.

You can slip into ketosis quite easily that way.

After the 1 stone, you want to have a break. That's you're 'are you ready to lose the weight and move on mental test'.
I haven't noticed that happen to many. People give up at all stages of the 'game'

Towards the end you want to stop and have a break, people tell you how good you look, normal clothes fit, why keep fighting? I guess because you're winning battles, but the war isn't won to reclaim yourself from the fatlands.
Yes! I've noticed that happen lots of times. I call it the 'close to goal chatterbox' I think everyone should be aware this can happen, and be prepared to work through it.

I haven't got to this, but not doing the maintenance the way CD seems to be a problem. Your glycogen pings on fast, you think OMG it's true it comes back on faster on CD than other diets.
Ouch. Really got to challenge you on this one :D Lipotrim, Lighterlife , Cambridge or any other VLCD that reduces your store of glycogen. You need to move up slowly.

And eventually all the weight comes back on.
Crikey. Hope not. Certainly not on my todo list. This is the first time I've ever been able to maintain for more than a few days:eek:

Like any other diet though, once you have finished with the plan, you can put the weight back on. I know. I've been to all the WW, SW blah blah 'reunion' meetings at the beginning of January :rolleyes:
CD takes you up so that you are actually still losing as the glycogen replenishes and you come out of it into full maintenance still at goal weight.
That's the good thing about the refeeding part of these diets. As the glycogen gradually increases, your calorie level is still low enough to lose. By the time you are at 1500, you are 'back to normal'. Glycogen replaced and still at goal (or lower in most people).

Perfect :D

Back