:'( do they just want to keep me fat??

loolahoop

Silver Member
i posted last week about how i was dreading this week being my birthday as i kno ppl are gonna try n make me indulge in high syn treats and boy was i right!!!!!
1st it was my actual birthday on tues, same day as WI! i NEVER weigh and go, but hubby pleaded with me to as he and kids wanted to give me a prezzy :) so i got home to find that my "present" was a MASSIVE triple choc cake! and a lil party with egg mayo sandwiches, crips, cakes, sausages rtolls, scotch eggs etc etc :( and as a present a bottle of wine and a box of chocs! :'( obvioulsy i had to act like i was pleased as it was mainly for my kids sake but i felt like screaming! not like he doesnt know im doing SW!!
then yesterday it was lunch with MIL, which was out and she ordered me a BBQ steak baguette (before i got there i was running late!) :'( again..what was worng with a salad? then back to hers and another massive choc cake!! which i didnt have any of as i was "full from lunch ;)" but she sent it home with me! so now i have 2 MASSIVE choc cakes in my fridge!! and GMIL (who is also doing SW!) also brought me a box of choc!! *sigh* why do they wana keep me fat!? get home (late) and hubby has ordered us a takeaway! me 2x fried chicken wraps (with cheese and mayo!) (i ate 1/2 of 1, he had the rest!)
and im going to my family tomorrow for the weekend and i know its gonna be a similar thing there!
feeling so poo this week! i only lost 1/2lb, but ive probably inhaled more than that now this week! and i havent even made it to the weekend yet! and everytime i open my fridge theres 2 choc cakes and 2 boxes of chocs and a bottle of wine staring at me!!
so im feeling really down about myself and everything right now! but tryna keep a smile as i know its only people trying to be nice!

Blimey that's tough but stay strong and don't eat them. Just keep offering them to folk who pop round or to the kids and tell everyone you ate them if you must. I know how hard it is. Seems like you have some major saboteurs at work and hubby needs a proper talking to cos he's really struggling with the thought of you losing weight. What's that all about? You will feel so much better if you resist. Good luck.

lol peacelily, thats what i have been doing kids have had choc cake for desert with lunch and dinners! i may put the box of chocs away for my sis birthday in a couple of weeks haha i wont eat them, but like the BBQ steak baguette i had to eat some of as she hads ordered it for me! but i have been good today, fruit for b/fast and a salmon salad for lunch, got another salad for dinner lol then im off out on the bike! just so frustrating!

A suggestion - print out what you have said here. Don't change a word of it - it is very eloquent.

And then give them all a copy and ask them to read it out loud.

They don't know how you feel if you don't tell them, and even then they might not be listening. This way they will know.

loolahoop said:
i posted last week about how i was dreading this week being my birthday as i kno ppl are gonna try n make me indulge in high syn treats and boy was i right!!!!!
1st it was my actual birthday on tues, same day as WI! i NEVER weigh and go, but hubby pleaded with me to as he and kids wanted to give me a prezzy :) so i got home to find that my "present" was a MASSIVE triple choc cake! and a lil party with egg mayo sandwiches, crips, cakes, sausages rtolls, scotch eggs etc etc :( and as a present a bottle of wine and a box of chocs! :'( obvioulsy i had to act like i was pleased as it was mainly for my kids sake but i felt like screaming! not like he doesnt know im doing SW!!
then yesterday it was lunch with MIL, which was out and she ordered me a BBQ steak baguette (before i got there i was running late!) :'( again..what was worng with a salad? then back to hers and another massive choc cake!! which i didnt have any of as i was "full from lunch ;)" but she sent it home with me! so now i have 2 MASSIVE choc cakes in my fridge!! and GMIL (who is also doing SW!) also brought me a box of choc!! *sigh* why do they wana keep me fat!? get home (late) and hubby has ordered us a takeaway! me 2x fried chicken wraps (with cheese and mayo!) (i ate 1/2 of 1, he had the rest!)
and im going to my family tomorrow for the weekend and i know its gonna be a similar thing there!
feeling so poo this week! i only lost 1/2lb, but ive probably inhaled more than that now this week! and i havent even made it to the weekend yet! and everytime i open my fridge theres 2 choc cakes and 2 boxes of chocs and a bottle of wine staring at me!!
so im feeling really down about myself and everything right now! but tryna keep a smile as i know its only people trying to be nice!

You could accidentally drop one of the cakes as you remove it from the fridge or strategically place something in the fridge so it leaks and ruins the cakes .... I hate to waste food but what they are doing Is just cruel .... And you can have a fab birthday without all that junk i did a few months ago have to say though my hubby doesnt always engage his brain before doing stuff so the cake and buffet may be a result of that

I want to "like" your post, MLM, but the like button is missing :confused:

loolahoop, I know it's frustrating, but I suspect your family just want to spoil you, and to give you a treat. I really don't think it's sabotage to give someone a cake on their birthday - it's just what people do! :D Can't you cut the cakes into portions and give the slices away to your kids/hubbie/friends/neighbours - as well as having a slice or two for yourself?

You may not lose this week, but it's only one week out of your life - indulge modestly, enjoy being treated, and then get back to normal, is my advice!

if i bake with my son he takes most of it to nursery
if i get cake i have one piece and take the rest to work to share

my theory is if its not there it cant be eaten

i have little self control and struggle the "just one piece" that everyone keeps saying

i will just keep eating and eating and im not proud of that but its a long term eating issue i have

so if you have a once you pop you just can't stop thing going on share the love

thanks everyone! :)
MLM, i have major issues lol i have suffered with Bulimia in the past and yep im absolutely scared poopless that if i start eating it i wont stop, and i know that seems quite silly to some but during a proper binge (i am talking about before not recently!) i havent known what id actually eaten until i see it again..(sorry way tmi!) but it is so scary, i havent had that happen in ages, but i ever got over the binges...hence the weight gain n needing SW in the 1st place! lol but since doing SW i have learned so so much and my relationship with food is changing and actually quite a lot more than i could ever hope for :) but this week theres just been so much put in front of me and its just got to me a bit! this is the 1st time since starting that i have been faced with so much temptation too!
i know its only people being nice, i really do, and i know more than most my husband lacks the ability to "think" but i also understand that he wanted to do something nice for me and the children, so in the same way i suppose he was "thinking" just not my way of thinking! lol
cat thats a great idea, except i dont work, i have no friends (seriously!) and its family that have given me the cake! so cant quite give it back! lol and also school holidays so no nursery or school to give it to either! having said that, i am going to portion it, and freeze them, then i can just take out what i need for the kids etc n i cant eat a frozen cake...could give it a go! hahaha, and i know im gonna get another cake this weekend from my family, but my mums dog mite come in handy then ;) lol x

thanks everyone! :)
MLM, i have major issues lol i have suffered with Bulimia in the past and yep im absolutely scared poopless that if i start eating it i wont stop, and i know that seems quite silly to some but during a proper binge (i am talking about before not recently!) i havent known what id actually eaten until i see it again..(sorry way tmi!) but it is so scary, i havent had that happen in ages, but i ever got over the binges...hence the weight gain n needing SW in the 1st place! lol but since doing SW i have learned so so much and my relationship with food is changing and actually quite a lot more than i could ever hope for :) but this week theres just been so much put in front of me and its just got to me a bit! this is the 1st time since starting that i have been faced with so much temptation too!
i know its only people being nice, i really do, and i know more than most my husband lacks the ability to "think" but i also understand that he wanted to do something nice for me and the children, so in the same way i suppose he was "thinking" just not my way of thinking! lol
cat thats a great idea, except i dont work, i have no friends (seriously!) and its family that have given me the cake! so cant quite give it back! lol and also school holidays so no nursery or school to give it to either! having said that, i am going to portion it, and freeze them, then i can just take out what i need for the kids etc n i cant eat a frozen cake...could give it a go! hahaha, and i know im gonna get another cake this weekend from my family, but my mums dog mite come in handy then ;) lol x
its the holidays invite all kids friends round and give them cake lol

jezzi999 said:
Before SW I never ever threw food away. We alway had a tight family budget when i was a kid, and more recently with me and my husband, so food was never wasted.

But now, new rules. Hisband and I are both fat and are both dieting. I don't buy foods we cant eat on plan. I know what I want to spend my syns on, and if people then go and give me food I "can't"/won't eat on plan, or don't want to waste syns on then I give it away at work or bin it.

We held a massive BBQ for a mates husband a few weeks ago, it was his 30th and as they didn't have a garden we offered to host.

At the end of the party I fobbed everything off on everyone and then everything left I binned. Doritos. Brownies. Dips. Cakes. Food that of I'd kept it in the house I would have binged on, but not even enjoyed. So no. In the bin it goes.

It's easier when it's not my money. Of course I don't tell people "oh that box of celebrations you gave me for feeding your cat when you were away, just to let you know I binned it" - I'm more subtle than that.

But why keep it in the house and tempt myself all the time.

I've read someone make a brilliant point about waste on here before - eating more than we should/need is as much of a waste as throwing it away and stays with us much longer!

Back