DO you all use your weeklies?

busybee123 said:
I've only been doing this for three weeks and I'm on 26 a day. I would be totally lost if I didn't have my weeklies to enjoy.

I've lost 8lbs in three weeks and I'm happy with that.
I only have half a stone-ish to goal.

I only have 8lbs and I'm Savin my weeklies for nights out which i don't do as much now :(

To be honest I just eat them if I need them. So if my meals are all well with in my daily allowance, but I want a treat that means having to dip into my weeklies,then I will.
I don't factor my weeklies into my meal plan, I kind of save them for when I fancy something a bit naughty. If you're exercising and eating well then I don't think there's anything wrong with the odd chocolate pud!:)

Hi There!

I'm on 39 points a day and rarely use my weeklies. Although I have noticed a pattern over the past 13 weeks that if I do regular exercise every day over the week I gain weight and this is because I haven't eaten enough. So If you are exercising then I would suggest using your weeklies but if not save them for a blow out (like I did today! oops).

Emms x

I worked for WW in NZ, and we definitely saw the people who had consistently good losses were the people who ate half to all of their weeklies! Amongst people who didn't eat any, we were much more likely to see a gain. At least, this applies to people on a daily allowance of 26-32ish - I couldn't see any pattern either way with those on a higher daily allowance. Either way, not eating them definitely shouldn't mean you'll lose more (and in a couple of cases where it looked like that was the case, closer inspection revealed there were errors with the tracking - although I'm very willing to admit there may be a few individuals who are exceptions to that rule, because people are a diverse bunch!)

I personally usually use about 45-47 of mine.

Although I should add that we suggested people who were just doing infrequent, average/gentle exercise didn't use their activity points, but rather took them as a health bonus/sanity saver in case of a blow out. Obviously people exercising more frequently or intensely need to eat some of the activity points they earned, or they won't lose.

I need your help Kiwi Chick, im 5"11 im on 36 a day and dont know wether to eat all my weeklies or drink (Wine) also i do excercise so should i use all my activiy points too? Xxx

Lianna said:
I need your help Kiwi Chick, im 5"11 im on 36 a day and dont know wether to eat all my weeklies or drink (Wine) also i do excercise so should i use all my activiy points too? Xxx

When you say that you exercise, how frequently and at what sort of duration and intensity (eg a gentle 1hour walk in the weekend, an hour of medium gym twice a week, two hours marathon training daily...)? Unless it's the latter - regular and high intensity -,I would advise against eating them. Instead, use your weekly points (ideally on extra protein before/after exercising).

You should really be using your daily points first, then take anything over that out of your weekly stash, and if then finally cross off your activity points if need be.

Regarding how you use them, in the end it's up to you. But as much as you're able to, use them on nutritious stuff - healthy oil, nuts, avocado, extra portions of meals etc. But of course we all like treats, and they are a great resource for that - I usually split mine and have about half on ''good'' food and half on indulgences (although some weeks it just doesn't work like that!)

The one thing I would say is watch the alcohol. If you want to use them on that go ahead, ww's official line is that it's fine. But the reality is, it does impact many people's (not everyone's) weight loss. After all, while your kidneys are working overtime to break down the alcohol, they're not able to process anything else (the impact on metabolism is well documented for addicts, but of course applies to a much lesser extent for alcohol generally). So if your loss is a bit sluggish, try just a week without alcohol and see what sort of results you get - we always got amazing losses for people we recommended it to! I'm not saying cut it out completely, but it's just not necessarily a great way to use the 49.

Anyway, sorry that turned into such an essay - phew! Hopefully that's of some help though :) good luck!

Oh, and I forgot to say: don't stuff yourself simply for the sake of using your weeklies! (Yes, sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised!) But don't be afraid to use them if you feel like them either. Just always be aware of your satiety level. If in doubt, wait 10 min and ask yourself ''do I still want to eat this?'' If the answer's a yes, then point it and enjoy! :)

Aww thank you so much, im gonna give this a go, and also cut out alcohol every weekend and just have a drink every other weekdn xxxwish me luck xxx

Glad to help, and good luck! You won't know what to do with yourself with all those points to spend on food - give it a week or two, and I reckon it's much more satisfying than alcohol anyway! ;-)

Im new to ww again and been struggling, would you suggest i eat my weeklys from week 1? x

Gem, nobody can really answer that because we are all so different! i used all my weeklies from day one but used them mostly on alcohol, if i had eaten all 49 i would have possibly not lost weight. if i am eating weeklies instead of drinking them i tend to go for half xx

I get 37 daily points and found myself getting towards the end of the day with 7 left and then smacking so I cut mine down to 30 I exercise 3-4 times a week and rarely use my weeklies and have always managed a 2lb + weight loss a week. Everyone works differently. If I exercise on wi day I don't lose as much. Just trial and error and finding out what suits your body Xx

Well i used all my weeklies and lost another 3lb, and i lost 3.5 last week!!!

In my 1st week I didn't use any (or so i thought... didn't realise that 1pp things when doubled can be 3pp not 2pp lol) so probably had a few! Still lost 4.5lb :)
In my 2nd week I went over by 8pp and lost only 0.5lb :(
In my 3rd (and current) week, I am sticking to 26pp for 7 days. I have also started cutting out bananas more, having less chocolate and taking senekot to try and "get things moving" as it were (sorry for TMI!) WI is Monday so I am praying for a decent loss of 2-3lbs!!! If not I don't know what else to do.

Which is why loss or not, I am going to try and use all my weeklies too. Try and have 7pp extra a day if I feel like I can (not just have them for sake of it). I also find that because of Uni and the gym I am not having dinner til 8/9pm most nights. Could this affect my weight loss?

I know I am only on week 3 and shouldn't be worrying too much. Especially as I can clearly see my body changing (managed to fit into - and comfortably wear - my size 12 jeans which i've not worn since July 2011!).
Xx

Back