Do you cook Christmas Dinner, and is it SW friendly?

I'll be on plan on Christmas Day. It's Boxing Day that'll be trickier, as we go to my in laws. My MiL tends to do a buffet, and we always take a few dishes along (which are going to be SW friendly) but if she decides to make a trifle, I may have to treat myself! My class is open the day after Boxing Day, and I don't want to put too much on. I'm teetotal, so alcohol won't be a problem!

As there is only the 2 of us we will get our local butcher's chicken breast's they are huge! usually over kilo each....roasted with a mixture of veg,carrot, onions, parsnip, butternut squash, & potatoes, peas, my version of pigs in blankets, mini stuffing balls, and onion gravy. That should do!
My egg custard's or mixed fruit for pudding.
Sleep then for the day!!

I'm hosting for the first time this year so that will be interesting!

Spicy carrot and lentil soup with creme fraiche and homemade bread

Garlic butter and herb basted turkey crown
Butternut squash and mushroom tart (vegetarian)
Roast potatoes
Cranberry and sausage stuffing
Vegetarian stuffing (as yet undecided)
Chipolata and rosemary pinwheels
Marmalade glazed carrots
Cider braised leeks and cabbage
Homemade cranberry sauce and gravy

Tiramisu with fresh cream
Cheese and crackers
Coffee

We don't eat until later in the afternoon (3.30/4.00pm) so we only have the one meal. Also no booze as we don't really drink and someone needs to drive.

I'm doing the New year's dinner and I've picked:

Starter: Brussels Sprouts with Roquefort and Walnuts
Main: Roast Haunch of Venison in a Sauce Poivrade, with Crushed Butternut, Chestnut Buttered Sprouts, Rosemary & Garlic Roasties and Carrots

WTF have I let myself in for?!?! :eek: :faint2:

Well, I'm off work with a broken arm/shoulder so I won't being cooking Christmas dinner this year, dispite the fact there will be 6 of us!
Yes, I'm afraid the deed has fallen upon my poor other half, lol. He can cook, infact, he cooks a lovely roast so as long as we make sure we have everything thing in, he'll be fine!
I'll just let him get on with it, though I'm sure the others will help out!( there's my Mum, his Mum and his brother and girlfriend!)

Then, when it's all cooked and dished up, he can cut up my food for me! Rofl !!

I'm doing the New year's dinner and I've picked:

Starter: Brussels Sprouts with Roquefort and Walnuts
Main: Roast Haunch of Venison in a Sauce Poivrade, with Crushed Butternut, Chestnut Buttered Sprouts, Rosemary & Garlic Roasties and Carrots

WTF have I let myself in for?!?! :eek: :faint2:

A windy afternoon?:D

I am cooking for us and my in laws. We are having the aldi 4 bird roast (had the 3 bird last yr and it was fab) shall be having sw honey glazed carrots, sprouts, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and parsnips with roast spuds (done in duck fat I'm afraid) and sw cranberry sauce and shall make gravy also. I am also making a sw baileys and caramel cheesecake for pud. I'm having a flexi syn day Xmas day

Breakfast will be Croissants and Apricot conserve and Mugs of tea
We don't have a starter usually as hubby isn't keen.
Main meal: Turkey, which is stuffed with pork sage and onion stuffing, a side M&S stuffing and plain old Paxo for my boy, bacon over the breast, kilted sausages, roast Potatoes, Sprouts, Parsnips, Swede, and peas and sweetcorn for the boy, Bread Sauce, cranberry sauce and topped with my speciality turkey gravy made with giblet stock and meat juices (my family reckon this is the best bit) We share a bottle of Bucks Fizz so one glass each lol and then hubby has Christmas pud and single cream and we have something chocolatey! Then snooooooooze till whenever when we have turkey and stuffing sarnies with real butter and white bread, and crisps. nuts. MUCH later I sometimes have a bit of cheese n crackers!

Breakfast will be Croissants and Apricot conserve and Mugs of tea
We don't have a starter usually as hubby isn't keen.
Main meal: Turkey, which is stuffed with pork sage and onion stuffing, a side M&S stuffing and plain old Paxo for my boy, bacon over the breast, kilted sausages, roast Potatoes, Sprouts, Parsnips, Swede, and peas and sweetcorn for the boy, Bread Sauce, cranberry sauce and topped with my speciality turkey gravy made with giblet stock and meat juices (my family reckon this is the best bit) We share a bottle of Bucks Fizz so one glass each lol and then hubby has Christmas pud and single cream and we have something chocolatey! Then snooooooooze till whenever when we have turkey and stuffing sarnies with real butter and white bread, and crisps. nuts. MUCH later I sometimes have a bit of cheese n crackers!

Can I just say that sounds like a proper gorgeous christmas dinner!

Like shirleen I won't be dieting this year. I'm off to stay with my OH family in Ireland and I don't know what exactly Christmas dinner will consist of but I know it won't be low fat. I can't wait! X

Christmas - what will you be doing?

Hi, what will you be doing for Christmas slimming world wise? Will you be staying on plan/kind of on plan/ not on plan at all? And If you are staying on plan or kind of, how are you going to do it? Sorry if there is a thread like this already but couldnt find one!
Thanks
Anna x

Christmas day Recipe..................
As there are only the two of us this year we are having large chicken breast, roasted veg, carrots, onions, parsnip, butternut squash, leeks with (roasted potatoes SW style) onion gravy.
followed by Apple parcels (1.5 syns each)
Supper...........Selection of cheeses, cold ham, salad, 1 mince pie!

anna_vixen said:
Hi, what will you be doing for Christmas slimming world wise? Will you be staying on plan/kind of on plan/ not on plan at all? And If you are staying on plan or kind of, how are you going to do it? Sorry if there is a thread like this already but couldnt find one!
Thanks
Anna x

There are several threads about Christmas already :)
But for me personally, I'm working-so it'll be a normal breakfast for me! And then will have my Christmas lunch in my afternoon break-and intend to enjoy it and then get straight back on plan on boxing day morning-afterall, why ruin a whole week-it's only one meal :) xx

Christmas day will be normal breakfast (weetabix and milk) before we open the presents. Am hoping that goes to plan as want to get my 2 1/2 year old to have her breakfast before she sees what santa has brought her.

Lunch is prawn cocktail with a salad - i bought the reduced fat prawn cocktail sauce (and checked the cals so si know its the lowest syns that they had).

Dinner is Aldi turkey with stuffing - we normally go for the big 1.8kg one, have loads and then make a load of turkey meals for the freezer. However we dont have space in the freezer so we will eat it all between 2 adults and a child (we went for the 500g one this time).

It will be served with slimming world roast pots, parsnips (sw) and then sprouts, broccolli and carrots. with some chicken gravy (bisto). oh and there is mint sauce and cranberry sauce.

desert will be christmas pud with the extra thick double cream.

then we have cheese for afters, mince pies with more cream and christmas cake (although there isnt much of that left already)!! i will try and stay away from the chocolates, i wont be drinking this year as i am pregnant tho so that saves some syns.

The next day we go to my mums for boxing day. its never very healthy as she uses the frozen aunt bessies potatoes and parsnips. when you get them out the freezer they are covered in this white (fat) coating.

this year she has asked for people to help as she is cooking for 13. I am doing blinis and smoked salmon (with creme fresh) to start - and for those who dont like smoked salmon then roasted peppers on cream cheese.

main as well as the fattening pots and parsnips she cooks the veg in butter, there is stuffing, gravy with the juices, turkey and ham and cramberry sauce. she cooks for a lot though so you dont get stuffed which is probs a good thing.

desert is sticky toffee pud, choc puds or christmas pud with cream. there will be cheese after.

in the evening we will have snacks like breadsticks and humous, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, left over meat in sandwiches, mince pies, chrismas cake and cheese. there is always lots of alcohol of which i will not have any.

next day i am still at mums so no idea what we will eat but its never that healthy (but not normally that bad either).

Back home on the 28th which is my weigh in. think i will give it a miss as target anyway) and go back the week after when hopefully i have reduced some of the weight gain.

right all this talk of food and i am starving!! off to make slimming world lamb rogan josh

Back